The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, MarkK said:

@Gaz Taylor Thanks Gaz, I've submitted my feedback.

What units are left to release for Stormcast and the Orruks? Just the boltboyz for the Orruks?

Basicly the whole dominion box is missing. Hobgrotz + Boltboyz + the heroes. Shaman will be picked in multiples, I don't think GW expects us to buy multiple boxes.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, JanGret said:

Basicly the whole dominion box is missing. Hobgrotz + Boltboyz + the heroes. Shaman will be picked in multiples, I don't think GW expects us to buy multiple boxes.

I wonder if the heroes will be available separately? The Indomitus heroes/units not in the starter boxes ended up direct only at a crazy price.

I wouldn't mind some alternate sculpts if they came individually.

2 hours ago, JanGret said:

Hobgrots are in the Starter Boxes. No sight of Boltboyz.

As much as everyone is ragging you, because buying multiples is the way of life, this is correct in regards to Dominion. They didn't expect you to buy multiples of Dominion, because they expected it to have sold out already.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Very true mate!! I love the idea of Kragnos but am in the camp of conspiracy that he may not have always been for Destruction. 

Nah he not a goat creature, and destruction has always been affiliated with beast and Ghur in AoS so a giant beast creature god made sense in the narrative. Having one goat centaur creature in your army doesn’t mean every centaur creature is automatically part of your army.

It more narrative discord as to why beast of chaos are in chaos GA other then the fact that they historically been part of chaos like skaven

Edited by novakai
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Very true mate!! I love the idea of Kragnos but am in the camp of conspiracy that he may not have always been for Destruction. 

Are we still certain that Kragnos wasn’t just mistakenly put into destruction, and will probably find himself next to his fellow beastmens, especially the centigor part of that faction, in the next year?

36 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Are we still certain that Kragnos wasn’t just mistakenly put into destruction, and will probably find himself next to his fellow beastmens, especially the centigor part of that faction, in the next year?

Given that a chunk of the Kruleboys' aesthetic identity is intimately linked to him (and writ in plastic) and that he's central to the narrative development of Destruction that's at the core of AoS 3.0, no, probably not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Given that a chunk of the Kruleboys' aesthetic identity is intimately linked to him (and writ in plastic) and that he's central to the narrative development of Destruction that's at the core of AoS 3.0, no, probably not.

GW also literally release a full lore video about Kragnos being part of destruction with Phil Kelly.

even the broken realm trailer had him part of destruction leading them to Excelsis. So it clearly  not a mistake and it is intentional that he part of destruction and not chaos

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Yeah, it's fun to speculate about but really if there ever was a change from chaos/beastmen centaurpiece to destruction centaurpiece, it happened very early in the process. Way before the mini was sculpted, way before the concept sketches reached any coherence, way before the core idea was even finalised.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, micahaphone said:

Never really thought they fit chaos that well, they've kind of got their own thing going on, but OG fantasy didn't have grand alliance categories to put factions into.

Not really sure about that, in all honesty. I was reading the Warhammer Fantasy RPG second edition book (2006 release I think) and that had a story about a man getting Ungor blood on him and slowly mutating into a chaos spawn. There was also a piece about how children tainted by chaos are killed by witch hunters, otherwise they turn into beastmen. 

While they weren't ever like Warriors of Chaos where they were religious devotees to a particular god, they always seemed intrinsically linked to Chaos through mutations and dark gifts. They weren't just goat orks, even if they're often seen as background chaff.  

(PS, I know the RPG wasn't written by GW, but it was licensed by them and I'm assuming the lore was checked by them too. My point is more that the Beastmen have been seen as connected to Chaos for a long time)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, micahaphone said:

Honestly to me it feels more like beastmen belong in destruction but are just in chaos due to old hangovers from the old world lore. Never really thought they fit chaos that well, they've kind of got their own thing going on, but OG fantasy didn't have grand alliance categories to put factions into.

I mean, sure. If you ignore all the current aos lore for the beast of chaos, like how they are described as the physical manifestation chaos (as a concept, not the gods), their objective of merging the mortal realms with the realm of chaos, the heardstones they build and infuse with warp energy, the fact they can and will turn into chaos spawns or other chaos infused beings when blessed by the gods but sure, only leftover lore I guess

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Not really sure about that, in all honesty. I was reading the Warhammer Fantasy RPG second edition book (2006 release I think) and that had a story about a man getting Ungor blood on him and slowly mutating into a chaos spawn. There was also a piece about how children tainted by chaos are killed by witch hunters, otherwise they turn into beastmen. 

While they weren't ever like Warriors of Chaos where they were religious devotees to a particular god, they always seemed intrinsically linked to Chaos through mutations and dark gifts. They weren't just goat orks, even if they're often seen as background chaff.  

(PS, I know the RPG wasn't written by GW, but it was licensed by them and I'm assuming the lore was checked by them too. My point is more that the Beastmen have been seen as connected to Chaos for a long time)

Thats true, people can be mutated into beastmen since the fantasy days. Heck, the first ever beastmen were the local population living near the polar gates when they exploded. It was said that the southern pole in Warhammer fantasy was full of beastmen but since it was an island they werent that big of a threat.

Also nice job on the army!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Higolx said:

I mean, sure. If you ignore all the current aos lore for the beast of chaos, like how they are described as the physical manifestation chaos (as a concept, not the gods), their objective of merging the mortal realms with the realm of chaos, the heardstones they build and infuse with warp energy, the fact they can and will turn into chaos spawns or other chaos infused beings when blessed by the gods but sure, only leftover lore I guess

That lore was written during AoS and in their first battletome, I think people are saying that they could have given Beastmen a clean slate before AoS started and put them in Destruction just to: 

a) make the GA makeup look more even at the beginning

b) since GW narrative put emphasis on Destruction with Beast and Ghur it kind of clash and competes with Beastmen in the lore. In someway they get overshadow by destruction

c)  there a sense of competition and crowdedness with in the GA Chaos, that it’s hard for every army to get the spotlight and it seem GW favor the monogods armies or Chaos undivided, while people view destruction as less competition 

though I do think it also that Beastmen have never really been popular or given much love to begins with by GW and the players just want something to elevated them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Sooo... Besides one  Orc with a Belcha-banner we've been told is supposed to represent Kragnos, (but frankly has three eyes and looks like a stretched squig), what else about the Kreulboyz aesthetic is linked to Kragnos? To me they look like a bunch of squig-skinning orks reminiscent of older additions, and don't have much in the way of giant horned god effigies/symbols anywhere. The foot shaman and vulture shaman have a very orky "hand of Gork" on top of thier staves, all the shields and armor bits on the troops and troggoths have wide toothy mouths with one to multiple eyes (very squiggy), seriously, here are all the Kragnos bits that people refer to? 

Also look at the patterns on Kragnos's armor bits. They look nothing like anything in the Kruelboy line. 

I don't see an aesthetic connection at all. Lore-wise, yes. But i'm still positive that was written as an afterthought. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

That lore was written during AoS and in their first battletome, I think people are saying that they could have given Beastmen a clean slate before AoS started and put them in Destruction just to: 

a) make the GA makeup look more even at the beginning

b) since GW narrative put emphasis on Destruction with Beast and Ghur it kind of clash and competes with Beastmen in the lore. In someway they get overshadow by destruction

c)  there a sense of competition and crowdedness with in the GA Chaos, that it’s hard for every army to get the spotlight and it seem GW favor the monogods armies or Chaos undivided, while people view destruction as less competition 

though I do think it also that Beastmen have never really been popular or given much love to begins with by GW and the players just want something to elevated them.

I mean, we could start discussing the "coulds" of early AoS but thats one thing. Saying that beasts of chaos are only in GA Chaos because of leftover lore when they actually have AoS lore to back that up doesnt really make a lot of sense to me tbh. Now to answer some of the topics

a) Well, the GA balance has always favored Order heavely and Chaos is second place. Im not really sure how changing one army around would've fixed the problem.

b) Thats 3rd edition narrative. When they came up with that BoC were already established as chaos so I dont see the problem. Also, when we go to 4th edition and focus on another plane (or even before that) the problem will be gone.

c) Well, destruction was not getting attention at all tbh, even when they add armies to it. Just look at Sons of Behemat or how much  they added to destruction after that until kruleboyz came. Sadly its not a lot.

And yeah, it always felt that beastmen were always left for last, even on the totalwar games. They were a DLC army on the first game and only now were reworked and fixed. Sadly I think that beastmen and BoC arent just that popular. Maybe a range refresh would bring more people to them but Im not really helpful about that.

• Like 1