The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, scrubyandwells said:

Anyone know of a single post/webpage/etc. compiling the latest AoS rumors, akin to @WarbossKurgan's Rumor Engine page?

I know this thread had a running compilation early on...

I don't think so.

It would be a lot of work compiling all the rumours out there. And then sifting the obvious trolling from the probably trolling from the possible rumous from the speculation. And then all of Whitefang's likes. All of which would then get repeated elsewhere as rumours. Or just post it all and be attacked by the community for lying when things turn out differently.

That might sound a little sarcastic - it is not intended to be. I really think that there is a good reason nobody keeps track of rumours in any systematic way.

9 hours ago, cyrus said:

Lumineth are a fully native AoS army while BoC and Std are not ( whfb range with some addition). 

Std start collecting seems to me a fantastic gift to WoC players from the studio ( in the same way as blood knights, skeletons,zombies). They do not really  fit the AoS lore in my opinion.

You've heard of the age of chaos right? 

Where Archeon, big cheese of StD took over the mortal realms. 

They are very much part of the lore. 

Every army fits into the AoS lore, if it came from the world that was or not. If you think about it there are only 2 armies that don't have links to the world that was - deepkin and Kharadrons and arguments could be made for links even for them. 

Regarding fumours, I'll love to see khorgor return, would be cool to do a beastial blades of Khorne. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

You've heard of the age of chaos right? 

Where Archeon, big cheese of StD took over the mortal realms. 

They are very much part of the lore. 

Every army fits into the AoS lore, if it came from the world that was or not. If you think about it there are only 2 armies that don't have links to the world that was - deepkin and Kharadrons and arguments could be made for links even for them. 

Regarding fumours, I'll love to see khorgor return, would be cool to do a beastial blades of Khorne. 

I don't want to convince anyone but Archaon and Varanguard came first as Everchosen battletome and afterwards souped with StD. When StD battletome came out they could have made new marauders,new multipart warriors and knights, new chosen,new horse marauders. They made " only" a fantastic start collecting. Most of new StD kits came from Warcry.

There are plenty of armies which are full AoS and strongly immerse in the lore : Fyreslayers,Kharadron,Deepkin,Stormcast,Ironjawz,Khorne bloodbound, Lumineth,Nighthaunt,Ossiarch,...

Last rumour engine could be a Khorne " false friend " .

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I don't want to convince anyone but Archaon and Varanguard came first as Everchosen battletome and afterwards souped with StD. When StD battletome came out they could have made new marauders,new multipart warriors and knights, new chosen,new horse marauders. They made " only" a fantastic start collecting. Most of new StD kits came from Warcry.

There are plenty of armies which are full AoS and strongly immerse in the lore : Fyreslayers,Kharadron,Deepkin,Stormcast,Ironjawz,Khorne bloodbound, Lumineth,Nighthaunt,Ossiarch,...

Last rumour engine could be a Khorne " false friend " .

I'd have to argue that the STD are the most present Faction in all AOS lore. During and after the Age of Chaos most Mortals became Chaos followers. They make up most of humanity within the Mortal Realms.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Apparently I was completely wrong. According to someone who watched it, Hammers of Sigmar apparently get 6+ ward when wholly within 12 of an objective

Not a bad way to minimize some wounds for when you use Scions of the Storm. Suppose a 5+ ward would have already been too much on a faction that is already a little hardy.

16 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Oh boy, is it just me or does GW seem a little desperate to get people to subsribe for WH+? xD
The whole posting of today was 90% "You get this, and that and this for FREE*" there was almost no other info in there XD

* if you subscribe for a year. Rofl, that'S not free btw xD

This was clearly a big investment for em. If it sunk or flopped it’d be disastrous, so ofc they’re gonna shill it and all it’s bells and whistles as hard as they can

18 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Oh boy, is it just me or does GW seem a little desperate to get people to subsribe for WH+? xD
The whole posting of today was 90% "You get this, and that and this for FREE*" there was almost no other info in there XD

They know the actual content isn't that great so they need to reinforce that by offering incentives. 

If they were confident in the offering they wouldn't have announced the voucher promotion less than a week before launch.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

They know the actual content isn't that great so they need to reinforce that by offering incentives. 

If they were confident in the offering they wouldn't have announced the voucher promotion less than a week before launch.

I thought that was just a tried and tested marketing tactic used for decades. Even WHSmith offer £5 stationary vouchers on occasion. McDonalds do kid meals with a toy incentive. Granted it’s not usual for streaming platformsto offer additional perks such as vouchers or limited ed merch to my knowledge. But an extra hook, to me, isn’t a mark of a poor product, but rather trying to bring in a bigger range of customers. 

But I flopped my Business study GCSE back in the day so what do I know 😂

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

It's almost like it launches today and they want to promote their service. 

From what I've watched so far it's good quality. The painting masterclasses were informative and I really enjoyed the animations. I like they each have a diffrent style. 

The fact I get a model and £10 voucher is the cherry on the top. 

I do hope it's a success, I dont understand why people want it to fail or would take pleasure if it does. 

This is a hobby we choose to give our time and money to and I happily give it because I enjoy it so much. It gives a fantastic creative outlet and opens great social opportunities. 

I happily support GW and all the amazing artists, sculpters, authors, writers, designers, manufacturers, retail staff and countless others work there. 

I'm not blind to the mistakes and failures of GW as a company but at the end of the day some delays and product shortages doesn't diminish the pure enjoyment I get from putting paint on plastic and pushing them around a table. 

And now I get to watch these worlds come to life on TV. Awesome sauce!! 

• Like 6

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/25/the-warriors-from-dominion-arrive-in-warcry-with-free-fighter-cards-and-a-new-campaign/

Warcry rules for the Dominion kruleboys and stormcast, which is nice. These Warcry WHC posts by Sam Pearson have tended to be pretty great, good rules and fairly hefty campaigns for free stuff.

Looks like this is the last one for now though, with an interesting coda.

That’s all for the last instalment of Call of the Everchosen, but it won’t be long before we reveal what exciting things lie in store for Warcry.

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/25/the-warriors-from-dominion-arrive-in-warcry-with-free-fighter-cards-and-a-new-campaign/

Warcry rules for the Dominion kruleboys and stormcast, which is nice. These Warcry WHC posts by Sam Pearson have tended to be pretty great, good rules and fairly hefty campaigns for free stuff.

Lol my first time getting ninja'd, was just writing about it.

This makes me hopeful for a new edition of warcry. Though to be honest I'm not sure it's needed. I don't really play, but heard that most people like warcry's rules. Would like to hear opinions from people who play regularly, is a remake of the ruleset needed?

Anyway, I love every single miniature from warcry, so whatever new ones come out, I'll be happy

• Like 4

Just now, Ogregut said:

It's almost like it launches today and they want to promote their service. 

From what I've watched so far it's good quality. The painting masterclasses were informative and I really enjoyed the animations. I like they each have a diffrent style. 

The fact I get a model and £10 voucher is the cherry on the top. 

I do hope it's a success, I dont understand why people want it to fail or would take pleasure if it does. 

This is a hobby we choose to give our time and money to and I happily give it because I enjoy it so much. It gives a fantastic creative outlet and opens great social opportunities. 

I happily support GW and all the amazing artists, sculpters, authors, writers, designers, manufacturers, retail staff and countless others work there. 

A lot to unpack here :)

There‘s a difference between promotion and a desperate attempt to get people to describe. I can‘t really put my finger on why I feel it‘s desperate. I assume it‘s because they throw that much pseudo-free stuff at you without actually talking that much about the content 🤷🏼‍♂️

I personally didn‘t like the quality of the first hammer and bolter episode at all. And I don‘t have any need for painting tutorials or mid-quality 3D content.

None of the Models I retests me at all. The 10GBP voucher isn‘t much at the prices they charge imo, so it does not interest me.

I really don‘t care for its success. Imo it‘s a redundant app, with content no one asked for.

The „hobby we chose“ is about miniatures, painting, lore and playing. The minis themselves aren‘t cheap. I don’t see how a subscription-app improves my hobby at all, on the contrary actually.

As a matter of fact: You mostly support the GW management and the shareholders. The artists are paid abyssmal wages.

To summarize: I don’t care about the app. I never felt like there was a need for it especially since nowadays there‘re way too many subscriptions based streaming services already, the market has been saturated even before Disney joined in. I personally can‘t find any content of WH+ that would improve my live or hobby at all.

Yet I am happy for you if you like it ^^

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

New Warcry Warbands!! Let's expand the line just like the Khainite Shadowstalkers!! The perfect Warband for Warcry, for Destruction AND an update to the range would be a box of 6 Ogor Maneaters.

• Like 3

I think a particularly crafty move they could have done is, instead of a £10 voucher, have a permanent 5% off GW products in GW stores and the website. While it may have caused some backlash, it comes with the following benefits:

- Many people would say, "oh I just need to spend £120 and the subscription is free - that's like the price of a new big model", which is true, but if this convinces customers to spend £120 a month then that's a win for GW

- It benefits both AoS and 40k players equally, so AoS players wouldn't be sat thinking "there's nothing actively in this for me" as the discount would be there from the getgo. In addition, anyone who was planning to spend more than £120 that month would likely get it anyway for a 'free' sub, and people are less likely to unsub after the initial push has been made 

- It wouldn't undercut 3rd party suppliers as they tend to offer a 10% reduction - those who want the biggest savings would go there

- There would be much less incentive to cancel a subscription should one of the features need maintenence and there is always a constant benefit

Of course this may not be possible from a financial side, but if it was, then I think it would have been a much higher driver of sales. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

If it wasn't always part of the plan to announce that just before launch, maybe the AoS app and Loremasters not being ready for launch played into it.

Come to think of it, they did say in June when they properly revealed Warhammer+ that there'd be special offers for subscribers. The £10 voucher is probably the first of those.

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 2

Rules coming out of ploos battle report:

Hammers of Sigmar apparently get 6+ ward when wholly within 12 of an objective

Hammers command trait: if a unit within 12” suffers a casualty, they get +1 sv for the turn.

Artefact: double damage to 1 weapon on 6’s to wound

Kruleboyz Grinnin Blades subfaction:

Out of the mist: kruleboy units are not visible to enemy units over 12” away during first BR

Kruleboyz: command trait: retreat and charge, artifact: horde clearing on 5+ for an enemy unit that ends charge move within 6” (Something like once per battle when an enemy unit ends a charge within 6" you can roll one die for each model in that enemy unit. On a 5+, that unit suffers 1 MW)

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8