The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Aidrox said:

That's really cool I didn't know that. Will look into that further for sure. Thanks guys

I doubt we'll ever get clear answers to such questions (explaining everything has hurt a ton of fiction after all) but it is a cool theory. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, novakai said:

i didn't remember any of the LRL anime aesthetics came from WHFB

you can't tell me Robo Mech Cow and Kitsune fox spirit was something from WHFB

I mean, you really just have spearmen, archer, silverhelm, boltthrower, blademaster and loremaster aosfied......

These are really pretty whfb

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 13

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I mean, you really just have spearmen, bowmen, silverhelm, boltthrower, blademaster and loremaster aosfied......

That’s really pretty whfb

But Robo Yak and TaunTaun riders though, 

though honestly they are similar yet really different at the same time really

15 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

In the preview trailer writers are just saying they are gonna redefine the lore of the setting, things will get even more grim.

Prepare yourself.

40k  Meele focused game rn

AoS Shooting/range focused game

40k Gorilaman and Valdor will save the imperium, things are looking better

AoS getting even more grimdark

who has switched the timelines again? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, novakai said:

But Robo Yak and TaunTaun riders though, 

though honestly they are similar yet really different at the same time really

Yeah, I didn't like the fact that to play Lumineth Realm Lords, Games Workshop forced me to sign a contract stating I have to at least some elemental temple aspect stuff in every army I field.  Me, I chose Alarith as I actually do like them so it is not that much of a bother most of the time.  I am certain the Lumineth would be more popular if armies could be entirely composed of the more mundane high elf stuff,  but that contract a player has to sign with GW to even buy the Lumineth models is binding.  Hopefully, in time, Games Workshop lets Lumineth players just buy and play the models they like instead of threatening legal action for not including the weirder stuff.  One can dream...

• Thanks 2

Creepers

excerpt from the last page of the Behemat tome:

"Olag sat deep in his cave, slow thoughts sliding like icebergs in the dark waters of his mind.

He closed his good eye for a moment and listened hard, his forearms on his knees and his back flat against the wall where the strange paintings appeared as he slept. Sometimes, the night before a big fight, pictures appeared on his skin, too. Patterns of red, white and black. His hair got twisted all regular at night, sometimes and he heard skittering and scuffling on the cusp of hearing as he woke. He'd given up getting angry about it, given up punching the cave walls in frustration that someone or something was messing with him while he slept. It was the Creepers that did it, those pale, dirty little stick figures that always kept out of sight. Stick figures, like on the walls. Sometimes he heard them whisper-singing, in the tunnels, or saw torchlight glinting from eyes in the dark. "Olag. Olag. Olag the Great", they chanted in their weird hollow voices. It wasn't so bad, especially when they left him food. They could stay he thought, so long as they stayed well out of sight. (...)

Back at his cave, Olag poked at the wound in his knee, wincing as the Creepers dug the sting-rocks out of his back. He could hear them whispering, feel their ropes tugging his mantle back into place, even feel their feet on his skin. He let it slide. They would sew up his wounds after a fight, just as they did his rags"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

46 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

*Sky turns dark*...Firebellies wants to eat the sun.
Finally Firebellies expansion?!?!

If only!!

42 minutes ago, novakai said:

Creepers

"Olag sat deep in his cave, slow thoughts sliding like icebergs in the dark waters of his mind.

He closed his good eye for a moment and listened hard, his forearms on his knees and his back flat against the wall where the strange paintings appeared as he slept. Sometimes, the night before a big fight, pictures appeared on his skin, too. Patterns of red, white and black. His hair got twisted all regular at night, sometimes and he heard skittering and scuffling on the cusp of hearing as he woke. He'd given up getting angry about it, given up punching the cave walls in frustration that someone or something was messing with him while he slept. It was the Creepers that did it, those pale, dirty little stick figures that always kept out of sight. Stick figures, like on the walls. Sometimes he heard them whisper-singing, in the tunnels, or saw torchlight glinting from eyes in the dark. "Olag. Olag. Olag the Great", they chanted in their weird hollow voices. It wasn't so bad, especially when they left him food. They could stay he thought, so long as they stayed well out of sight. (...)

Back at his cave, Olag poked at the wound in his knee, wincing as the Creepers dug the sting-rocks out of his back. He could hear them whispering, feel their ropes tugging his mantle back into place, even feel their feet on his skin. He let it slide. They would sew up his wounds after a fight, just as they did his rags"

Absolutely love this excerpt.

43 minutes ago, novakai said:

Creepers

Our new lanky greenskin friends perhaps? They do seem to worship big things going by the totems on Kragnos base. Morruk Creepers? Creepers could just be what Olag calls them though.

41 minutes ago, novakai said:

Creepers

That would be cool. Even if it isn't "The Creepers," it's a great bit of lore to steal for a Gloomspite tribe. I like the idea of a tribe of borrowers that pampers a Megagargant so it protects them. It's kind of like how the Spiderfang treat their Arachnarok.

Darn, whats the best Megagargant to take as an ally?

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

In my opinion the aesthetic of AoS is getting closer and closer to WHFB by the day.

Nono I get this. It’s whats pulled my interest back into the hobby even more in the last few years.

The last version started gravitating more towards the aesthetic of old. Bringing back loved tropes like floating wraiths (whole army) and Night Goblins which were Night Goblins (in all but name), Gargants, Chaos Warriors. 

As it turns out, we (at least me) wanted our old races, in a new settings and with cool exciting things. It’s a difficult balance for sure as you want to expand but by and far the armies that have peaked my interest the most were the expanded old favourites, but that might just be down to personal choices. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, novakai said:

Creepers

I completely forgot about this, this is really cool. Part of me wants to say Silent People (obviously), the creepers in a cave and silent people live in mountains. The creepers are described as skittering, pale, dirty little stick figures that always kept out of sight. Silent People stay out of sight and move around when not looked at. The Creepers speak to Olag in hollow whisper voices, and The Silent People make Insectoid chittering sounds.

Honestly even if it isn't Silent People in this story and is instead the Boglins, I wouldn't care. The speculation is really fun.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

I completely forgot about this, this is really cool. Part of me wants to say Silent People (obviously), the creepers in a cave and silent people live in mountains. The creepers are described as skittering, pale, dirty little stick figures that always kept out of sight. Silent People stay out of sight and move around when not looked at. The Creepers speak to Olag in hollow whisper voices, and The Silent People make Insectoid chittering sounds.

Honestly even if it isn't Silent People in this story and is instead the Boglins, I wouldn't care. The speculation is really fun.

The first time I read this, I thought it was the Silent People as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

Yeah speculation is my favourite part of the forum. For example, the recent rumour thread has really put in mind the idea of hunters disguising themselves as their prey. I can see an army of veritable wolves in sheeps clothing and that rumour engine being a character who has cast aside their disguise temporarily. The coolest part of this concept is that it could work with Orruks, Grots, Humans or even other bestial warriors. I know a feline would likely not put on the cloak of it's kin but I keep imaging Thundercats wearing the skin of their prey (they would be a somewhat noble destruction answer to BoC). Kind of a grim dark version of @KingBrodd's skin walker idea for an army.

These assassins disguised as boars in Princess Monoke would be a good visual idea:
76.jpg

Or these unassuming chaps, that have no part in any missing legs!

0wZHqKU.gif

I know we are not going to get anything like this but as you said speculating is a really fun part of the process. Slipped my mind but this would actually be an interesting take on silent people insectoid carnivores creating mimeses through wearing the skin of their prey! 😧 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

so grimdark live says the name of the new box is called Dominion. 

the goblinoid army is called the cruel boys/z?

they look like LOTR orcs so all mangled looking and such.

They have a unit called hobgobs who apparently trade to get weapons and armor from Chaos Dwarves!

Warboss is on a weird squig/wolf/bear critter

Shame with a black pot being stirred by a snotling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 8