The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

I won't lie ... I'd prefer centaur based top hat wearing dwarves .... But feel that may be asking too darn much 🤣

Well, Chaos dwarves do still exist, in Warcry, but lost the tall hats. Destruction dwarves would be my preference as well, with badger/ram/boar/bull bodies instead of lanky horses.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

If Boglars are being made official, here are some other goblinoids that might be interesting

1azj2q6.png

feWOhJ5.png

4KAc2qH.png

DFdzYiW.png

Warhammer_Gnoblar_Pigback_Riders.png

Warhammer_Blood_Gnoblar.png

Warhammer_Bolgars.png

My god the nostalgia from this, thank you. I absolutely loved this issue. My favourite aspect is converting and these articles were my favourite within White Dwarf, even having tutorials on how to convert a mini, like the different Gondorian soldiers or how to green stuff an Uruk Hai head to make this special Pikeman. 

Damn I really wish they would come back with articles like that. 

• Like 3

Ok slightly disappointed Khanate Hobgoblins/Orruks seem less likely now but I'm getting really excited about a swamp themed Destruction force. Anything with fens, bogs, that dark mysticism, I'm all over that. Still want to do an Albion force one day. 

Plus, come on, please bring the Fimir back, that swamp has got their name all over it. Pretty please. 

Well, is not gonna happen, but an army of Fae (Faeries, pixies, that kind of stuff) would be incredible. They can look quite goblinoid. It match the folktale mood of the video and faes are usually asociated with being allies to animals (like the rumored wolfs). The only problem is this lore is already adapted into Sylvaneth and their spites.

Spoiler

gm3992.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 minutes ago, Yoid said:

Well, is not gonna happen, but an army of Fae (Faeries, pixies, that kind of stuff) would be incredible. They can look quite goblinoid. It match the folktale mood of the video and faes are usually asociated with being allies to animals (like the rumored wolfs). The only problem is this lore is already adapted into Sylvaneth and their spites.

I would love this! Basically the "Little People" that are present in many culture's folklores. Goblins, Gnomes, pixies... 

The only thing is that I imagine them more "defensive" than "offensive". It's hard to imagine a number of those guys following the God of earthquakes to siege a city.

• Thanks 1

Since i've seen the trailer i am getting some serious swamp creature vibes from the Witcher 3. I can see GW making the theme fit the AoS universe with their own creatures and greenskinz. 

Edit: Also the water hag reminds me of the troggoth hag and fits the theme. New plastic hag maybe?

572bd6d5bc2a16d5e42eaa9402eb322d.png 

r5x96pv461f01.jpg

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, CarkFish said:

Am I the only one who isn't keen on new greenskins? .... I really want something new that doesn't make kragnos stand out like a sore thumb ☹️

2 hours ago, CarkFish said:

Still holding out for some kind of centaur based destruction elf thing tbh ..... Feel I'm going to be disappointed when "bog gobbos" drop

I'm of the opposite opinion where I think we should take a break from Aelves for a while haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vomikron said:

Do we know where the initial Destruction army rumors came from?

The swamp theme doesn’t seem to work with Steppe Hobgoblin wolf riders. Doesn’t feel AoS-y enough. 

this rumor engine definitely feels like it could be a Goblinoid frog spear.

B544E240-EF94-47C8-9431-30EE4CE8BF9C.jpeg
Edit: I take it back. This is the rear end of Zodgrod’s gretchin prodder.

It’s not Zogrods stick, it’s a bit different. 

22FE3728-39D1-4951-90F9-B65F45EAED2D.jpeg

Edited by Still-young

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A lot of great concepts and ideas. Greenskinz living along swamps, crocodiles and all this type of beasts had me thinking of my Som'er Teeth Jones boys from Malifaux (pics below).

Reveal hidden contents

Bayou Gremlin | Gremlins, Bayou, Malifaux

Rooster Rider | Malifaux, Fantasy character design, Animals

Bayou Gator Limited Edition | Gadzooks Gaming

Som'er Teeth Jones — Wyrd Games

It will be this but AoS goblin version: 2c496e3ffd957c7f11af151af2c82c01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I could still see wolf/'snarlfang' riders featuring in this proposed new Destruction faction, maybe even prominently, but with the expectation that they'd be mangier, smaller, hungrier, and less obviously themed around steppe nomads. Think less sleek beasts and more fleabitten pariah dogs with mud-smeared goblinoids on top, darting between the trees in a way that even elven cavalry would struggle to match.

It probably would impinge a little on the spiderfang space but it could be made to work.

• LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A lot of great concepts and ideas. Greenskinz living along swamps, crocodiles and all this type of beasts had me thinking of my Som'er Teeth Jones boys from Malifaux (pics below).

Hide contents

Bayou Gremlin | Gremlins, Bayou, Malifaux

Rooster Rider | Malifaux, Fantasy character design, Animals

Bayou Gator Limited Edition | Gadzooks Gaming

Som'er Teeth Jones — Wyrd Games

And Gatormen from Hordes / Warmachine! 

41 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I could still see wolf/'snarlfang' riders featuring in this proposed new Destruction faction, maybe even prominently, but with the expectation that they'd be mangier, smaller, hungrier, and less obviously themed around steppe nomads. Think less sleek beasts and more fleabitten pariah dogs with mud-smeared goblinoids on top, darting between the trees in a way that even elven cavalry would struggle to match.

It probably would impinge a little on the spiderfang space but it could be made to work.

I LOVE THIS!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Since i've seen the trailer i am getting some serious swamp creature vibes from the Witcher 3. I can see GW making the theme fit the AoS universe with their own creatures and greenskinz. 

Edit: Also the water hag reminds me of the troggoth hag and fits the theme. New plastic hag maybe?

r5x96pv461f01.jpg

Did someone say ‘Witcher’?

Maybe I’ll get onto finishing my Velen Woods Sylvaneth force...

A68936B8-10E0-4761-BE5C-18BFC5E75781.jpeg

• Like 5

GW has mentioned many times and specifically used the term a "new breed" of evil, rather than new race or anything for this Destruction force, so expect an offshoot of Greenskins, Orks, Goblins or anything else in-between that we already have. Most likely that smaller than a Ork bigger than a Goblin race that leakers have hinted at. The trailer, narrative and art fluff we have seen so far especially the hiding and lurking characteristics scream goblin like to me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Iksdee said:

r5x96pv461f01.jpg

Would be a very cool starting point for a new army but the crones are too dark/mature in mood and tone for current GW/AoS I think unfortunately. Loved the game!

4 hours ago, Yoid said:

Reveal hidden contents

gm3992.jpg

Gosh I hope you're right. This is why I fell in love with 6th ed wood elves in the first place - influences from folk tales (even quoting in-universe Bretonnian ones), Goethe's Erlkonig, Herne the Hunter and the British Wild Hunt, the Sidh, Mound People etc - all brought up in a diverse yet uniform and believable melting pot of ideas. 

Another thing that prevented me from diving into Sylvanteth was retconning sprites to be bugs exclusively - who remembers little green knights riding on owls or weird hedgehog-babies and wooden stick-horses?