The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

We don't need another Skaven DLC in Total war Warhammer. Removal of the entire faction (or all 50 of them, they have a LOT of starting positions) would be preferable to even more dev time wasted in making the life of non-rat players more miserable.

A few words:

not enough skaven,

never enough Skaven!!!!

Uahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

Stormfiends, verminlords and Thanquol missing (+Skreech Verminking)... I'm afraid one last Skaven lord pack in Game 3 is extremely likely.

I'll await purchase of 3 until I know the rats are not as bad as in 2. Between plagues, auto ambush, corruption, undercities, blowing up cities, poisonwind, endless summons, pinpoint warp lightning spells, nukes, warp bombs, too many starting positions and scurry, I don't know which is the worst mechanic they have.

I now just remove their starting positions if I bother to play the game.

As much as i like stormcast and especially cavalry. I just cant see where a bretonnian type mounted unit would fit. We have dracothian guard (heavy cavalry), dracolines (magic cavalry) and palladors (Light fast cavalry). I think hopeing for a bretonnia 2.0 (or 3.0, we have still FEC) will lead to disappointment. 

Could be wrong of course 

• Like 2

People are taking "Bretonnian Stormcast" far, far too literally. Remember leaks for Idoneth that described them as "Spartan Cthulhu elves"? People were expecting fishmen and lovecraftian abominations when the closest thing we got to that were

-regular fish

and

-helmets on, like, three units that can be described as "vaguely Corinthian"

You have to remember that leaked descriptions are second and third hand sources filtered through the specific world views and wants of the person seeing them then reduced down to multi-sentence snippets that barely go longer than the average paragraph.

Stormcast already have cavalry, but they already had that, sword and board infantry, and ranged guys with the Warrior Chambers, and guess what they got more of when the Sacrosanct models released? Who says GW won't do that again? And that's assuming "Bretonnian Stormcast" means mounted units when it could be as simple as more knightly helmets or tabards and kite shields. As others have said, they might not even be Stormcast, just mistaken for them.

It's fun to theorize about leaked information, but there's no reason to invent problems to get angry about.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah, I mean

Bretonnia is not the only human kingdom in the old world

why always Bretonnia?

There's plenty of great human kingdoms. You just gotta go through the big mountain and take a left at the big hole in the ground. If you see the ocean you've gone too far!

• Haha 2

I'm so confused. 2 months it's nothing but it's bretonnia stormcast its bretonnia rumours...

Now it's primaris stormcast instead and some other old world style? Kislev? Cathai? gah...

Or maybe people are seeing too much and think we get horse riding stormcast...when in reality it's just different armour style sc...?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sorrow said:

Executions are great....wait that came out wrong....

I am simply not sure that Skaven are that popular.

There's a survey i found on here from 2019 that had skaven at about 5% playrate

Tournament stats had them at ~8% play rate (they are not close to top tier)

I think Vince's (youtube) poll had them at about 5-8% playrate

A discord i'm on had their "interest rate" at 27% as of 2019 (this discord is very pro-skaven, though.)

Most of the polls i've seen have them at about 5-8% playrate, and you can be sure that none of this is due to New Model Syndrome/ New shiny chasing. 

This is more popular than , say, daughters of khaine or slaanesh. I'm sure a full refresh would cause their playrate to rocket to the moon (pun intended)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

A discord i'm on had their "interest rate" at 27% as of 2019 (this discord is very pro-skaven, though.)

Most of the polls i've seen have them at about 5-8% playrate, and you can be sure that none of this is due to New Model Syndrome/ New shiny chasing. 

This is more popular than , say, daughters of khaine or slaanesh. I'm sure a full refresh would cause their playrate to rocket to the moon (pun intended)

Ratxactly 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

I saw a suggestion that the next AoS novels will relate to the events of the new edition, so they're holding back from previewing them as it'll give the game away for what's happening next.

IT makes sense, gitslayer will be probably related to it too. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

especially with them being super popular in TW Warhammer games. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah, I mean

Bretonnia is not the only human kingdom in the old world

why always Bretonnia?

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
That said, I own a Bretonnian army and still wish people would shut up about Bretonnia.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

So true.  Hated the very concept of "Sigmarianes" when AoS was announced but it was a combination of my 40K PTSD and my dislike of the End Times.  

I believe GW has found the balance with the Stormcast where they are one the main headliners for AoS without being shoved down our throats.  In fact I have grown to like the Golden Boys, wouldnt play them myselves but some of the best games I have played of AoS was with them on the other side of the table.   

I hate myself for having a SCE army and SM army but then I realize that the golden boys are much better written and SM wish they could be my shiny boys and yeah they aren't fascists.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Even if they are really doing that, I am curious to see who merge who tbh

Malerion is just too great a figure to be a sidekick for Morathi IMO

I have a theory that cities of sigmar will get broken up. Dark elves will go to umbraneth, wanderers will go to kurnothi/sylvaneth, dispossessed will go to grungni faction, and freeguild will get replaced with order of azyr.

I also think that old high elf stuff like phoenix guard will go to legends. Phoenix temple are an anomaly in the fluff now since lumineth.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm definitely in the... "Bretonnian Stormcast just means more heraldic/knightly Stormcast" camp rather than say, expecting Giles showing up (although if there's a character who'd make sense returning as a Stormcast it'd be him).

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Yeah, I'm definitely in the... "Bretonnian Stormcast just means more heraldic/knightly Stormcast" camp rather than say, Giles showing up.

I don't like that I want it but I would absolutely love AoS over the top Gilles + Abhorash questing heroes duo  style warscroll. 

• LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

I'm so confused. 2 months it's nothing but it's bretonnia stormcast its bretonnia rumours...

Now it's primaris stormcast instead and some other old world style? Kislev? Cathai? gah...

Or maybe people are seeing too much and think we get horse riding stormcast...when in reality it's just different armour style sc...?

To put a new twist on cavalry, it's horses riding Stormcast. 

Or two Stormcast in a horse suit (which also explains the Bretonnia connection, with the Grail Relique).

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
That said, I own a Bretonnian army and still wish people would shut up about Bretonnia.

You, lucky guy, you could be one of the first to convert your bretonnian army in bretonnian stormcast army!

Do it for Sigmar!

Edited by baiardo

24 minutes ago, Feii said:

IT makes sense, gitslayer will be probably related to it too. 

I hadnt thought of this, would make sense that Gotrek would show up to Excelsis or is battling a horde on its warpath to Excelsis. Or hell hes cleaning up the leftovers!!

well given that Kragnos is a dragon slayer, and the cave painting has some hints of Drachothian in it.

maybe Kragnos is related to the new rumored Greenskin army coming (the ones who are planting his totems in Ghur)  the Stormcast could just an expansion of the Extremis chamber and it just more Dragon rider but more knightly looking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xking said:

Maybe that new army is not stormcast. but is instead freeguild or the  knight of azyr?  

An army like this 

EMELDA_BRASKOV-675x1024.png

Now THAT. That would be a good army idea. It appeases both the ex-Bretonnia and Empire players, and GW could go ham with AoSifying the old Sigmarite look. Only question is whether it’d be its own thing or a more developed Cities subfaction  (tbh I’d prefer the latter)

Edited by JustAsPlanned
  • Like 2