The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

This! if they have a refresh of the older kits in the range, then it's going to be too tempting to start a Serephon force.

The Saurus are literally the only thing stopping me from collecting a full force. With how good the rest of the army looks, it would be perfect to see the old sculpts updated. 

• Like 2

OmfKroak he’s beautiful. I have such a huge Warhammer Emotional attachment on Kroak, last time I was this excited about a Warhammer Release I was 13 and Kroak and the Slann just got previewed on a White Dwarf, and I very vividly remember going with my mum to buy Lord Kroak at Games Workshop shop - weird how a fictional plastic character can make you choke up....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kronos said:

OmfKroak he’s beautiful. I have such a huge Warhammer Emotional attachment on Kroak, last time I was this excited about a Warhammer Release I was 13 and Kroak and the Slann just got previewed on a White Dwarf, and I very vividly remember going with my mum to buy Lord Kroak at Games Workshop shop - weird how a fictional plastic character can make you choke up....

I know the feeling, but it was Transformers for me.

• Like 1

Damn that's a surprise, particularly for a mini that presumably is due to be released pretty soon, if BR Be'Lakor is where he matters. Maybe the Seraphon will show up in a later BR book as well?

And yeah, a refresh of the basic saurus is much more needed than a new Kroak but still, this is cool.

Edited by sandlemad

2 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Can we also acknowledge that GW claims Kroak will be getting an even better warscroll? What in the hell?

I'm hoping this will be a blessing in disguise  - give him a much better warscroll for his much better model, but have him cost 600+ points like the other god models so he becomes much more of an investment to take.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Damn that's a surprise, particularly for a mini that presumably is due to be released pretty soon, if BR Be'Lakor is where he matters. Maybe the Seraphon will show up in a later BR book as well?

Stormcast had rules in Morathi and now in Be'lakor so it's not out of the question.

Ok. I'm calling it right now. With Kroak, Be'lakor, Soulblight, Cursed city, Lumineth, Witch Hunters,  Slaanesh and an awesome collection of Underworlds warbands, this has been the best year ever for fantasy Warhammer minis and it's still only April. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 20

13 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Can we also acknowledge that GW claims Kroak will be getting an even better warscroll? What in the hell? Glad they're spreading the new model love around though

I guess the Belakor warscroll will tell us the direction theiy are going with these. I suspect both Belakor and Kroak warscrolls were very strong in order to sell  as much as possible their old sculpts soon to be retired and the new warscrolls won t be as good in relation to their point cost

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

they have a new battalion set. As do KO, Stormcast and NH. So probably all in the book 

It is not yet confirmed that Stormcast have a new battalion in BR: Belakor.

Presumably Stormcast will get new rules for the Hallowed Knights since Gardus Steelsoul is involved with the narrative and is being released alongside the book and that could certainly include some new battalions but it's not yet confirmed to be the case.