The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, novakai said:

May be an image of text

Maybe hinting at the Preorder BR: Teclis for next Sunday?

YES!! I've avoided all spoilers for it and just want the narrative to continue!! Cannot wait for this. Hopefully the next BR book isnt revealed until after Belakor has been released.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Overread said:

I love that new Reaper model! Humanoid and yet bony and alien all in one - very strange and creepy! Love it! 

The face is a big difference as he's not got a mouth as such and instead has gone for almost a helmet designed face. 

His stance and shape and such actually remind me a bit of the undead character Shriek from the film Mortal Engines. 

It's been a hot minute since I brushed up on my OBR lore, but I distinctly remember that being fashioned without a mouth was a deliberate characteristics of the Mortisian sect that Soulreapers came from. 

Something about the magic they had access to being too dangerous for them to be able to use at will (given that Bonereapers are granted a measure of independence and free will.)

I don't mind the grins myself, but I'd really like to see more models with this style of head released to OBR!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Preorder for the Cursed City Black Library book is this weekend, so I wonder if the release for Cursed City itself pretty soon?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/17/brace-your-bookshelves-for-new-black-library-limited-editions/

First 2 are this weekend, for cursed city is not stated when is going on preorder. 

Edited by Aleser

8 minutes ago, Aleser said:

First 2 are this weekend, for cursed city is not stated when is going on preorder. 

You're right I misread. But it does say "and it’ll be coming your way at the same time as the boxed game." So if we do find out a release date for the book then we know when Cursed City comes out.

2 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

and it’ll be coming your way at the same time as the boxed game.

So Cursed city box would be scheduled for 14 of May?

image.png.6f5c3a9f2850f0f0e3832128c4106cad.png

Amazon refer the book to be released (at least in French version) for the 14th of May.

This is far away but at least a good news to know the book will be translated!

36 minutes ago, RedMax said:

So Cursed city box would be scheduled for 14 of May?

image.png.6f5c3a9f2850f0f0e3832128c4106cad.png

Amazon refer the book to be released (at least in French version) for the 14th of May.

This is far away but at least a good news to know the book will be translated!

Pretty sure that Amazon only sells the paperback copies.

22 minutes ago, Doko said:

Great finnally we gonna get a real kit of zombies and not the ugly zombies of cursed city

Ye of little faith that were afraid we'd only get the cursed city zombies!

I actually love the narrative design of the cursed city zombies but 100% agree that it would have been a big miss to have them as the only zombie models as all that stuff on their back is just too over the top for full units, especially in a pitched battle setting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Anyone see a faint Vampire or necromancer silhouette in the center of the picture over the middle zombie?

Nah, I think is the same sillouette but in the background and bigger, with less opacity. They did the same with the vehicle-thing of yesterday

• Like 1

Holy ******, we really gonna get a Gravelords reveal ain't we?! 

Breathe... Just breathe. 

Edit: really surprised to see an updated zombie kit judging by the tease. I honestly thought they'd just repackage the cursed city lot. Gotta admit I love the designs of the CC zombies but they weren't my cup of tea of what I felt zombies should look like on the TT, just felt a bit too busy for a horde unit.

So glad to see there'll be more to come. Besides, zombie bits will have SSSOOOO many uses across the whole hobby, I am excite. Could also point to a separate new Skeleton Warrior kit. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 6