The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

@Clan's Cynic I think the wing span is going to be even greater than that!!! In that pic the wing arms do not match up. I do not play chaos but Ive always liked that sculpt and will get this new one as just a paint project.

@HollowHills Aain I do not play chaos but I did some Be'lakor research and apparently he uses demons as his minions and Archaon is his son/adversary whos minions are chaos warriors so it seems fitting to have the dead one on the base. Perhaps I am reading too much into this though.

If Be'Lakor gets an all demon army I may build one as a small side project. Imagine having all four greater demons and this beast at the head of your army!

Legion of Chaos Ascendant is an all chaos daemon (all 4 gods) + Belakor army.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

The decision to show a dead chaos warrior on the base of Belakor is quite interesting. You would have thought he naturally ties into the slaves to darkness range, but maybe this is suggesting something else?

Perhaps it's a case of sub-fractions within SoD. He always hated Archeon for taking what he saw as rightfully his. So maybe we'll see opposing side for the army. A bit like the was Nagash and Settra where in the same book but where clearly opposed.

4 hours ago, Me-dude-sa said:

So, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the reason Be'Lakor is over the other chaos warrior's body is because he's going to become the AoS answer to Malal god of contradiction. This would also introduce an interesting wild card, faction/character that could make chaos  less of a monolithic faction that would often go after other chaos factions as hard as order factions

Also, hi long-time lurker, first time poster.

Good call. He’s always had a strand of reincorporating some of the older themes and ideas associated with Malal. I don’t think there’s any plan to make it explicit, like “hey this dude’s the fifth chaos god, exemplifying the self-destructive nature at the heart of chaos” because Belakor’s also got his own specific and interesting character but I can definitely see them being more upfront about this thematic role. Both chaos undivided and paradoxically chaos at its most divided.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

If the next Broken Realm is going to be about Allarielle, did we have rumour engines about Sylvaneth or Kurnothi?

Btw, really happy about  Dagnai Holdenstock. I can't wait to play with him with my KOs!

Yeah Dagnai looks ace! Made me really happy how he turned out- I was half expecting something plainer with a gun levelled but he is so characterful. I'm tempted to get him an Ironclad - a model like that needs his own ship! Makes me very optimistic for future KO releases [we are doing well with extra characters with himself and Bugmansson and I'd love a bit of KO floating terrain like the Lumineth temple thing].

Kurnothi/Silvaneth wise the only rumour engine I can think of is the insectoid hatching eggs which look very spite-like. I'm expecting at most just a new character for Sylvaneth in any BR Alarielle tome, I think the Kurnothi might only feature strongly in the lore that comes in that book -models coming later. They're the Aelven faction I'm most looking forward to so hopefully sooner rather than later..

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 4

My wild guess is, that Malerion and Belakor have formed an alliance of sort which also gives us a clear glimpse of how Malerion Aelves will look & play. 
The reason being thar both, M & B have been severely betrayed by the Chaos gods. The former would have become the next Phenix King. Instead he got charred almost to death. The latter realised quite some time ago, that he was seen as pawn & and a joke by his former masters.

Not sure on their exact relationship, though. I expect both to hold some sway over the realm of shadows, though.

Edited by Rachmani

25 minutes ago, Beliman said:

If the next Broken Realm is going to be about Allarielle, did we have rumour engines about Sylvaneth or Kurnothi?

Btw, really happy about  Dagnai Holdenstock. I can't wait to play with him with my KOs!

we didnt have any rumor engine for new lumineth and yet they still got a lot models

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bicko said:

Perhaps it's a case of sub-fractions within SoD. He always hated Archeon for taking what he saw as rightfully his. So maybe we'll see opposing side for the army. A bit like the was Nagash and Settra where in the same book but where clearly opposed.

well, to add insult to injury he had to crown him Everchosen as well.  As the first mortal to ascend to daemonhood he still believes (until they rewrite his fluff) that he is the rightful and true Everchosen.

2 minutes ago, Aleser said:

we didnt have any rumor engine for new lumineth and yet they still got a lot models

Yep, good point.

We had one rumour engine, the twister-thing in the new aelemetnari spirit, but the point is still valid:
2021-01-18.jpg

Really hope to see a new branch of kurnothi aelves for Sylvaneth! maybe with a new Orion/ Avatar of Kurnoth!!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

My wild guess is, that Malerion and Belakor have formed an alliance of sort which also gives us a clear glimpse of how Malerion Aelves will look & play. 
The reason being thar both, M & B have been severely betrayed by the Chaos gods. The former would have become the next Phenix King. Instead he got charred almost to death. The latter realised quite some time ago, that he was seen as pawn.

or maybe the curve ball is that Belakor is actually employing skaven assasins to kill Arky?

After all, thinking about it, he's got no real axe to grind over and above anyone else with Nagash, so why waste time effort and blood when the pointy ears are so happy to do that on his behalf and he can then mop up whats left if he has to.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Yep, good point.

We had one rumour engine, the twister-thing in the new aelemetnari spirit, but the point is still valid:
2021-01-18.jpg

Really hope to see a new branch of kurnothi aelves for Sylvaneth! maybe with a new Orion/ Avatar of Kurnoth!!

Yeah but that one was few days before they showed them. I am really hoping for Kurnothi, I would definetly skip those shiny new aelves then :D

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Yeah this has me a little more optimistic -there have been plenty of surprises model wise with no hints from rumour engines. I wonder if the Kurnothi might be linked to the Gravelords due to the characters story in Cursed City with Gravelords invading Sylvaneth space. Plus there's the question of where Anaerion's spirit ends up- I'm thinking resurrected/reborn Kurnoth/Orion. 

• LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

or maybe the curve ball is that Belakor is actually employing skaven assasins to kill Arky?

After all, thinking about it, he's got no real axe to grind over and above anyone else with Nagash, so why waste time effort and blood when the pointy ears are so happy to do that on his behalf and he can then mop up whats left if he has to.

I would like something like that, I like be’lakor as a character that is plotting in the shadows. And chaos could use some more in-fighting. 

58 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Well; for me the main question with everything story or lore related is always „which army would GW like to sell. What would look cool“. 

That‘s the reasoning behind my thoughts.

Shadow aelves in cahoots with shadow demons empowering them, with both sides vary of the other just sounds like a very good theme.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

would like to contrast it with a Dark Coloured Order army.

With this definition you can just include almost every army in AoS 😂 

just make them from Shyish and use dark colours, Idoneth Mor’phann are dark, Anvils of Eldenhammer, any death army if you expand outside of order... you name it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I was going to write exactly this. What if the eternal is his own eternal feud with Archaon and the next BR book will continue the legacy of legion of chaos ascendant with new and better rules? Hinting maybe even to a future expansion? Correct me if I’m wrong but Chaos Daemons is still playable in 40k and was an army in WHFB.

What best way to continue the broken realms saga with an open civil war in Chaos, maybe even a dent in the Varanspire?

A rumour that haven’t seen discussed here with all excitement from yesterday is from Tom in Warhammer weekly.

He mentioned that FEC endless spells are soon to be retired from the market, and this is interesting because he is utterly unexplainable. Unless FEC will be rebranded something else? What do you guys think? Could they be merged with Soulblight like Warclans?

• Like 1