The Rumour Thread

@Nezzhil @cyrus @King Under the Mountain

Again, "affect every factions" means at least in the fluff IMO, not necessarily in the rules.

And shouldn't the precision "MAJOR factions" mean "not ALL 24-25 factions" then ?

Also, Cities of Sigmar already feature in two books...

Still, the announcement was pretty clear (emphasis mine), it's about the Aelven pantheon messing with everyone else. The release order has been confirmed since, but for Alarielle ;););) 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/22/warhammer-preview-online-shadow-iron-broken-realms/

Spoiler

"The aelven gods are rising up to challenge the might of Chaos and the growing power of Death – but like Sigmar’s pantheon before them, they are riven by mistrust and each pursues their own goals and schemes. Teclis, ever aloof and arrogant, seeks to single-handedly save the Mortal Realms. Allarielle, fickle as the seasons, turns on allies as well as enemies, attacking explorers and settlers across Ghyran. And as for Morathi… well, she has a very definite goal in mind – godhood. True to form, she doesn’t intend to let anything stand in her way.

This new conflict will touch every corner of the Mortal Realms, and affect every faction. Treachery and torment. Siege and slaughter. Bloodshed and battle. All this and more awaits you in a series of epic narrative books on a scale not seen since the Realmgate Wars. As well as truly massive stories, these books will be packed with new rules for loads of factions, thrilling battleplans, and much more." 

• Like 2

It was already mentioned a bit, but it’s really surprising how closely BR has followed the little snippets of information they gave us when they first introduced the campaign:

The aelven gods are rising up to challenge the might of Chaos and the growing power of Death – but like Sigmar’s pantheon before them, they are riven by mistrust and each pursues their own goals and schemes. Teclis, ever aloof and arrogant, seeks to single-handedly save the Mortal Realms. Allarielle, fickle as the seasons, turns on allies as well as enemies, attacking explorers and settlers across Ghyran. And as for Morathi… well, she has a very definite goal in mind – godhood. True to form, she doesn’t intend to let anything stand in her way.

This new conflict will touch every corner of the Mortal Realms, and affect every faction. Treachery and torment. Siege and slaughter. Bloodshed and battle. All this and more awaits you in a series of epic narrative books on a scale not seen since the Realmgate Wars. As well as truly massive stories, these books will be packed with new rules for loads of factions, thrilling battleplans, and much more.

It looks likely that BR Alarielle ist next. After that, who knows. I hope there is more, and sound like there should be more coming, because they certainly won’t conclude any of the narratives with these three books. But neither did they do that with Soul Wars, so it might be just that. 

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Yes ! 

There are 24 factions 5 factions for each book it means 5 BR books totally.  Br Alarielle is very likely but I believe there will be more than aelves. 

Although we can probably check off Slaanesh now, and LoN if Gravelords come out after BR: Teclis, so four books is possible if there are in-between book updates.

23 minutes ago, Ragest said:

CoS is repeated and I think slaneesh won’t have anything out of their new tome, so is completely unpredictable.

And I think they will release 4 books: Morathi, Teclis, Alarielle and Malerion

Right, I think CoS will be repeated in every book. 

Also Sister of Battle had a small entry in Psycic Awakening even though it was just released as well.

But like you said its mostly completely unpredictable, i'm just trying to find the best patterns when I see it. 

I'm all for the Aelven love and really am looking forward to BR Teclis and more so Alareille but for me Duardin is what I want to see from Order. I hope they get a book or perhaps as to Destruction being the big bad for 3.0, Duardin will be the Realm savers. 

After all Behemat did create the Fyreslayers stature ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Imagine the rage if Tyrion comes back but he's riding a goofy looking Llama.

A few Lumineth have a Bird Motif, namely the Vanari Lord Regent and Eltharion... 
Currently we do not have any significant bird representation in the army, there is the unit champion for the sentinels and the owl in underworlds. This leads me to suspect that maybe it is hinting at a future release... thats right Tyrion will be borne aloft in the beak of a mighty Pelican!

I am curious will Sevireth, Lord of the Seventh Wind have a generic build option like with Avalenor, the Stoneheart King and Alarith Spirit of the Mountain? 

Edited by Neverchosen

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm all for the Aelven love and really am looking forward to BR Teclis and more so Alareille but for me Duardin is what I want to see from Order. I hope they get a book or perhaps as to Destruction being the big bad for 3.0, Duardin will be the Realm savers. 

After all Behemat did create the Fyreslayers stature ;)

I think Duardin are unfortunately far into the future. The main protagonist in AoS are gods, if there isn't an active god then there isn't going to be a narrative. There just aren't any hooks in the current narrative to expect them? The most active Duardin would be City Duardin nominally under the auspices of Sigmar no? As to Realm Savers, KO and FS are quite mercenary/mercantile I don't forsee any Duardin faction really as being selfless in the save the realms fashion, especially without a God to lead them. 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Sance said:

So Broken Realms are just 3 books : Morathi, Teclis and then Alarielle ? Guess it's make sense, we can have AoS 3.0 after that with Excelsis Siege as starter box

This makes sense. If Teclis has a March release date then perhaps Alarielle will have a June/July date with 3.0 coming August or September?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

I think Duardin are unfortunately far into the future. The main protagonist in AoS are gods, if there isn't an active god then there isn't going to be a narrative. There just aren't any hooks in the current narrative to expect them? The most active Duardin would be City Duardin nominally under the auspices of Sigmar no? As to Realm Savers, KO and FS are quite mercenary/mercantile I don't forsee any Duardin faction really as being selfless in the save the realms fashion, especially without a God to lead them. 

If there is a focus on destruction invading Azyr for the next edition I think Duardin focus makes more sense than an Aelven focus. I think it makes perfect sense, Grungni seems to be Sigmar's closest and most loyal ally and helped create the defences of Azyr. He is also trying to reclaim the ancestral homes of the Duardin which will bring him into further conflict with the factions of destruction.

But then again they have to make room for the narrative of Malerion getting a sweet leather jacket and motorcycle... so I could be wrong.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This makes sense. If Teclis has a March release date then perhaps Alarielle will have a June/July date with 3.0 coming August or September?

Well i really don't think Third éditions is 2021 because of the Nurgle Plague but yes that would be my prediction if BR is only 3 books.

I thought it was 5 Books, but why 5 ? Where does that came from ?

52 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am curious will Sevireth, Lord of the Seventh Wind have a generic build option like with Avalenor, the Stoneheart King and Alarith Spirit of the Mountain? 

If you compare the silhouette of the Wind Spirit in the Lumineth Teaser Video from the preview with the revealed Wind Spirit Model: then yes. One of them has the giant quiver and holds the bow sideways the other one (presumably the generic version) has no quiver as far as I could see. ;)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

As a collector of both CoS and Lumineth, I really hope they make a city that allies Lumineth. It could make me mix between my two armies! 

If Teclis is going to Shysh, could it be a Shyish city? We already have Lethis but is old and does not follow same style as the main ones today. On the other hand a CoS city that allies with LoN 1 in 4 would be extremely thematic and interesting 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

I really hoped it was Kurnothi. That would almost guarantee GW will release them as a full faction in the future. Hope they just don't stay as a single warband and that's it.

Me too- although it still might be- the way the front leg folds under itself in that illustration is strange for a normal leg- the foot would need to be extra long and wide..Could be taking the design of the Aelf ranger and changing it to more AoS as a Kurnothi hunter. 

I think if Alarielle gets a BR book Kurnothi might appear/return there. [even if just in the lore before a later release].

16 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

Is it just me or does the large fellow kinda look like the oldhammer Ogre in terms of build and equipment? Might just be my imagination.

image.png.00b1e501757f01cf2832e3431d82e543.png

The Kharadron having scales on his pack- I wonder if this is a Logisticator as appearing in the Overlords of the Iron Dragon novel- kind of a KO accountant - they take care of profit during an expedition .. [the one in the book was a bit of a. weasel...]

• Like 1

Super excited by the Cursed city, there are 8 hero silhouettes and 5 bad guys.

We have more or less a list of the heroes with some ideas thrown there, but we have six districts open in the city and 4 shields still hidden... could those be expansions? 

Silver tower was a great game at his time and indeed heralded Tzeentch release, but not much else came from it so I would temper expectations from whatever miniatures will be in this set.

Of the six heroes in ST two are already squatted, and the other 4 rarely see an appearance in AoS (the Mistweaver being also not playable in any current alliance?).

Tzeentch had gaunt summoner, ogroid traumaturge, tzaangors, acolytes and horrors. All good models that mostly are still used.

Skaven and Grot scuttling were a good idea but eventually squatted. 
The best we can hope from AoS perspective is heralding a refresh of Death miniatures in the Gravelords new faction. Everything else is a bonus.

Personally I’ll just enjoy the game. ST was a bit repetitive but BF improved a lot on that field so I’m curious to see the division in districts how it helps the gameplay.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

As a collector of both CoS and Lumineth, I really hope they make a city that allies Lumineth. It could make me mix between my two armies! 

Teclis bringing along auxiliaries from a City in Hysh and then using them as a meatshield/distraction to further his progress at some point does seem a typically elven level of dickish that would fit a scene.

That said, I still think it'll be a city in Shyish. Maybe Glymmsforge? Be really wild if with references to 'humans living alongside spirits peacefully until Nagash made a mess' we end up with the obligatory 1/4 allies being generic Legions of Nagash or Flesh Eater Courts as I'm sure Ghoul King Maldoros in his infinite insanity wisdom would be happy to fight alongside the needy in the name of flesh honour again.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Ledgington said:

I’m going to hazard a guess that what appears to be two Lumineth hero’s on one base will be based on the idea of the magic clones discussed in the battle tomb. Furthermore, one has a sun crest on their helmet and the other a moon, representing both Teclis and Tyrion. I forget which of the nations has the clones, but I’d wager they’re from that one.

DBE81D76-9B6B-410A-9AF0-8EA670546C95.jpeg

If one of those is female I’m using her for my Syl esske conversion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

"Every major faction will be getting some attention"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/28/enter-the-broken-realms/

Funny, because they did mention to have new rules for every chaos faction in their wrath of the ever chosen campaign books.

So I guess with that logic skaven and beast of chaos are in fact not part of the grand allegiance of chaos.

So what Gw says and means, are often two different kinds of things

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

That said, I still think it'll be a city in Shyish. Maybe Glymmsforge? Be really wild if with references to 'humans living alongside spirits peacefully until Nagash made a mess' we end up with the obligatory 1/4 allies being generic Legions of Nagash or Flesh Eater Courts as I'm sure Ghoul King Maldoros in his infinite insanity wisdom would be happy to fight alongside the needy in the name of flesh honour again.

Which would prove again that CoS was/is the best business idea from GW in a long time, as it allows a "limited&safe" (in GW terms) of mixing various models, and allowing players/hobbyst to pick&match the models they love from various factions (so far "Order only" but I would see it work in limited scope across factions). 

Are we going to get the biggest of soups ?

• Like 2