The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, elfhead said:

So, what do you think we still haven’t seen for the Slaanesh release? 

personally I’m hoping the archers on foot are a dual kit for slickblades on foot, just like the mounted options. 
then there is the palanquin, which is probably a new special character? 
Maybe a mounted character? I’m not really counting on that.

I’m looking forward to the fluff. I’m already trying to come up with a good narrative for a new Slaanesh force. Something more akin to the warcry warbands, who worship an aspect of the chaos gods. 

The archers aren’t a dual kit. Only the archers were in the Warcry book, no alternate build for them. 

29 minutes ago, elfhead said:

personally I’m hoping the archers on foot are a dual kit for slickblades on foot, just like the mounted options. 

I’m looking forward to the fluff. I’m already trying to come up with a good narrative for a new Slaanesh force. Something more akin to the warcry warbands, who worship an aspect of the chaos gods. 

Glisette from the dread pageant has a glaive like the Slickblade Seekers, and she’s the same style as the archers so it’s possible?

There’s the palanquin, which the stone man RE doesn’t seem to fit to me based on the tome.

I think that’s it though, the Palanquin will be the ‘mounted character’ I think. Maybe that could be a dual kit though?

I’m fully sold now, going to buy into Underworlds for the first time for the Dread Pagaent. Maybe the Direchasm book has some lore bits?

Edit: Just seen people saying no dual kit. shame, but the release does seem pretty stacked so understandable.

Edited by ArmyOfGrodd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, elfhead said:

I'm hoping for another big beastie!! Something more savage in nature than the KOS. 

• Like 2

I don't own the chaos Warcry book, but I assume people would have shared if there was an alternate load out for blissbarb seekers. 

Warcry seems to encompass all the 'small stuff', I think that only leaves an exalted seeker mounted hero as a possibility (not counting the large palanquin that's definitely confirmed). 

Again, just the fact we're getting slaanesh mortals next year has surpassed my hopes, but I do think a large, unnamed mortal hero would round out the range nicely.

An updated seeker lord would be cool, though I'd also be content if that big war altar is/has a generic hero option. 

Special characters give a range personality but (and I have this issue with the Nurgle range) a lack of comparable generic ones creates a walled garden. All the important and powerful beings have had their personalities decided and you're left with the lowly heroes to customise.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, elfhead said:

I still feel like the mounted hero is a very likely option as we have gotten one for each chaos army. 

Between Sigvald, the Masque, Syll'Esske, Shalaxi Helbane, and now the character on the palanquin, I feel my hopes of seeing Azazel have been dashed! But Sidvald is so glorious that I might forget all about Azazel...

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Klamm said:

I don't own the chaos Warcry book, but I assume people would have shared if there was an alternate load out for blissbarb seekers. 

Warcry seems to encompass all the 'small stuff', I think that only leaves an exalted seeker mounted hero as a possibility (not counting the large palanquin that's definitely confirmed). 

Again, just the fact we're getting slaanesh mortals next year has surpassed my hopes, but I do think a large, unnamed mortal hero would round out the range nicely.

An updated seeker lord would be cool, though I'd also be content if that big war altar is/has a generic hero option. 

Special characters give a range personality but (and I have this issue with the Nurgle range) a lack of comparable generic ones creates a walled garden. All the important and powerful beings have had their personalities decided and you're left with the lowly heroes to customise.

I doubt there is mounted hero, it would be in Warcry book because they added mounted heroes for other factions and those are not "small" (Akhelian king, Chaos lord on dino etc). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Still-young said:

The archers aren’t a dual kit. Only the archers were in the Warcry book, no alternate build for them. 

Too bad, but not the end of the world. I’m thinking of getting. Both kits and kitbash some slickblades on foot. I just want to paint them so I don’t care for the rules. 

maybe GW could do a made to order run of the ‘boobsnake’ lord and the lord on foot. 

• Like 1

something completely different: the Crab Claw rumor engine from a while ago wasn't solved by any of the Slaangor's revealed right?

Kinda expected it would be, but if it isn't Slaanesh, then we have still something fishy comming?!

Edited by Lowki

21 minutes ago, Raviv said:

"On New Year’s Day, we’ll also have a sneaky peek at some of the incredible new models that are coming out in 2021."

(from https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/27/this-week-in-warhammer-thievin-orks-and-a-look-into-the-new-year/)

So the person who made the prediction that we will see the rest of the Slaanesh stuff on new years was spot on, perhaps we might get the death teasers as well. 

• Like 2

It’s obvious gw is going to show the rest of slaneesh that they hid in the Christmas preview.

I just want to know something about Broken Realms, so many hype, so good narrative and now is like it doesn’t exist.

Oh, and please, release the damm faqs, both BR book and general.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ragest said:

It’s obvious gw is going to show the rest of slaneesh that they hid in the Christmas preview.

I just want to know something about Broken Realms, so many hype, so good narrative and now is like it doesn’t exist.

Oh, and please, release the damm faqs, both BR book and general.

All I want is the new Broken Realms book revealed!! Morathi was very much an Order book so fingers crossed we get another GA!!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

All I want is the new Broken Realms book revealed!! Morathi was very much an Order book so fingers crossed we get another GA!!

If Gordrakk is certain at this point - and a LoN update means it's likely going to Mannfred or Neferata on the Death side - what are anyone's predictions for a Chaos book? 

Personally - Bel'Akor - our native Starscream - deserves himself a huge model and a central character role.

But that might just be that I want a Greater Daemon sized Bel'Akor.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

If Gordrakk is certain at this point - and a LoN update means it's likely going to Mannfred or Neferata on the Death side - what are anyone's predictions for a Chaos book? 

Personally - Bel'Akor - our native Starscream - deserves himself a huge model and a central character role.

What if they do a U-turn and to use Vince words from Warhammer Weekly they present Skaven instead?

4 hours ago, Lowki said:

something completely different: the Crab Claw rumor engine from a while ago wasn't solved by any of the Slaangor's revealed right?

Kinda expected it would be, but if it isn't Slaanesh, then we have still something fishy comming?!

Critter on the base of the idoneth warband for underworlds? 

46 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

37 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

What if they do a U-turn and to use Vince words from Warhammer Weekly they present Skaven instead?

Skaven should be the main guys!! They were instrumental in the Necroquake but have been sidelined since.

Anyone else think that the Seraphon Warband will be shown off on New Years? They did say they would Preview a new Warband on the first of every month!!

Skaven should have something, but I disagree they should be the main guys of broken realms. They clearly were the spoil of Malign portents, but don't really fit in as of yet for this. Perhaps they could be the main combatants to the Hedonites whose god has come back to take the place of the Great Horned Rat back, scratching their way towards staying on the pantheon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I still like Skaven being the Spanners in the Works constantly and consistently overlooked but impactfully significant.

As Godrakk crashes through the doors of heaven and The Grand Marshall of the Apocalypse battles the Champions of Death: Leaders become Gods and the Gods go to war! But in the centre of it all there is the sound of gnawing and scratching and the Champions and Gods are deaf and blind to the true threat lurking beneath their feet.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2