The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Raviv said:

Have you noticed the alternate-text for each of the advent rumour pictures?

Each contains a few letters that might be an acronym for something.

For example, some start with with bb which might be blood bowl.

Where is this alternate text? Is it in the address bar?

We can possibly crack it to some degree as we seem to know the one Slaaneshi weapon so we can as a base to at least help determine if the code is for either Slaanesh or AOS?

Edited by Neverchosen

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Where is this alternate text? Is it in the address bar?

We can possibly crack it to some degree as we seem to know the one Slaaneshi weapon so we can as a base to at least help determine if the code is for either Slaanesh or AOS?

You can either see it in the page's html or if block the pictures from loading. On a mobile phone, if you long-click a picture, it will be on the top of the menu that opens up (at least on chrome on android). I'll try to post the entire list when I have some time.

• Thanks 1

Here's the full list of alt-text:

"AdventEngine Door Open1cga Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open2ob Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open3yx Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open4nsk Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open5uq Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open6bbsa Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open7jcjas Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open8gcs Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open9tsc Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open10tcgad Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open11xf Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open12gvgvs Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open13tscx Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open14ta Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open15ychs Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open16bcbs Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open17tcvsf Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open18vcva Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open19vbgvsfd Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open20jfnvs Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open21bcvfs Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open22bbvs Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open23khjs Silhouette"
"AdventEngine Door Open24obkjd Silhouette"

Edited by Raviv
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

My prediction for tomorrow:

Next Broken Realms reveal for slannesh which will have the rules for the new stuff. 

Tease of the death battletome in Feb. 

A direchasm reveal

40k stuff. 

This is my guess, too. I just can't understand why they would launch a new tome so soon after the last one came out, which is why I think these units will be a big part of a Slaanesh-focused BR release and the new tome will be Death-related.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

My prediction for tomorrow:

Next Broken Realms reveal for slannesh which will have the rules for the new stuff. 

Tease of the death battletome in Feb. 

A direchasm reveal

40k stuff. 

My predictions: 😊
For AOS: Slaanesh or Death with a slight tease for the other. (If Slaanesh they might repost the same teaser from Halloween, if Death then they will allude to the fact that we have already seen the Slaanesh stuff which will be revealed in full with the next big narrative event).
For 40k: A Space Marine Chapter will have a codex announced... I am going to guess Cherry Flavoured Marines...

My Wishlist: 😏
For AOS: Malerion, Puritan Devoted of Sigmar army made up exclusively of Halfling Witch Hunters!
For Broken Realms: Broken Realms Slambo!
For Underworlds: Cool mono-pose updates for old resin models! 
For Warcry: More Chaotic creatures.
For 40k: A full year of pure Xenos releases.*
For 30k: A named Space marine on scenic base without a helmet and holding a sword. Alt. build with helmet. I think this is a game about how Space Marines discovered helmets.
For Quest: New Quest game about Ungors and Gnoblars visiting a Halfling market!
For Necromunda: A cool looking gang! "Can you dig it?"
For Bloodbowl: A spin-off game Blood-Polo
For Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game: A first age expansion of with a Dagor Bragollach starter set. 
For Keys and Critters: Boxset announced rats and ravens with more expansions on the horizon!

*Somehow this feels like it is far and beyond the least realistic option.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Jaskier said:

It's a lot more than 2/3 units. Just from what's been revealed, we have; Slaangors, Archers, Archers on Exalted Steeds, melee unit on Exalted Steeds, Myrmidesh, Twin Souls, Shardspeaker, Sigvald. We know there's at least one more unit coming too. 

I do agree otherwise, bar Nighthaunt Death have been neglected for a long time. I'm positive their day is coming in 2021.

Ossiarch Bonereapers?

• LOVE IT! 1

Just a heads up people - Firestormgames (UK) have a load of stock in of the battleforces. They've got them all except the marine and necron ones - with all of the AoS options! Including the Tzeentch! There's 10 or less of Tzeentch and the Gloomspite and over 60 of the Khadorans. So go go go buy! 

• Like 3

I honestly think that we get both Hedonites in January still AND Soulblight in February. 

they have 2 releases per month. So it’s easy to do that and also release the one 40k codex per month theyve promised. 

the reason for the delays is principally books and scenery being delayed from China. I think this isn’t likely to effect things like Hedonites and soulblight which are already late. But I guess we find out tomorrow !

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

I think Slaanesh will be the release to finish of the broken realms series. 

so February in my mind will correlate with the next broken realms book and whatever the winged beasty was. 
so vampire or malerion. 

That’s not how it works. They wouldn’t show Slaanesh stuff, and then release whole new armies before releasing Slaanesh at the end of the series of campaign books. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Still-young said:

That’s not how it works. They wouldn’t show Slaanesh stuff, and then release whole new armies before releasing Slaanesh at the end of the series of campaign books. 

This is what I don't get - if we hadn't seen any of the new models in full, I'd agree that vampires or anything else were more likely for Christmas. Of course, Warcry would have spoiled the existence of some units, but they'd have no reason to show Sigvald (who's not in Warcry) if they weren't planning on releasing him for a year later. 

Maybe it will be vampires or whatever next, but it would baffle me why they'd hype up Slaanesh and then just let the hype die waiting.

Actually, speaking of Warcry, I take it there were no new Death units in the book? 

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

haha tell me how you the rules GW play by then ;) 

IMO: They only showed the units because they had to as they were in the GA Chaos book for warcry. That's why we got the little round pictures of them (as they are shown in the warcry 'warscrolls'). Not the full model pictures.

I wouldn't be surprised that if they didn't have to do that, they also would not have yet shown Sigvald. Because introducing a new faction with only those little icons would be bad marketing. Rather get the hype going with a full centrepiece instead of the whole range except the centrepiece.