The Rumour Thread

28 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

image.png.ab46c8b2c4f2f42e2dde84fce56a6a60.png

Looks somewhat similar to the Varanguard scales on the barding, although I doubt this rumor is for chaos, but probably for a mount of some sort.

Oh please, please be unmounted Varanguard!

I know it will be something like new Bloodknights but I would love a super elite unmounted Varanguard unit... or at least for a plastic Chosen Kit to borrow the Varanguard Aesthetic! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Fortnightly releases in Jan and Feb due to covid but we're getting a new battletome in Feb and Christmas day will give a sneak peak, my money is on vamps. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/23/an-update-on-warhammer-releases-in-2021/

Interesting and understandable :) 

IMO it will be Slaanesh Hedonites, including Sybarites Mortals and Slaanesh Daemons (because Sigvald, the Store free coin, the recent Warcry tease, all that).

A new Battletome means Broken Realms is unlike Psychic Awakening ! 

STRANGE TIMES

• Like 1

"2021 promises to be an amazing year, packed full of rad Warhammer releases – with something new and exciting arriving every month. That said, the global situation means Warhammer releases in January and February will be lighter than in recent years. 

Rather than weekly, you’ll see new releases every fortnight, with the first pre-orders of 2021 on the 16th of January"

I'm very worried about when we are gonna see the next Broken Realms book.

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I'm very worried about when we are gonna see the next Broken Realms book.

Probably February or March but on the good side it is possible has nothing to do with Slaanesh if they get a new battletome so we can see some more development pointing to other tidbits of the narrative

15 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

IMO it will be Slaanesh Hedonites, including Sybarites Mortals and Slaanesh Daemons (because Sigvald, the Store free coin, the recent Warcry tease, all that).

STRANGE TIMES

I don't think the battletome will be slannesh but we'll get the slannesh models in January. The great thing about having the warscrolls available for free is they can add units to current battletome. 

I believe slannesh will get a new battletome early on in 3rd edition which will bring everything together. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

STRANGE TIMES

I'm not so sure, we already got a preview/sneak peek of the Slaaneshi mortals so doing a second one Christmas Day doesn't make much sense to me? But releases have been thrown off a lot so mabe that's the only one that makes the most sense

Just now, Ogregut said:

I don't think the battletome will be slannesh but we'll get the slannesh models in January. The great thing about having the warscrolls available for free is they can add units to current battletome. 

I believe slannesh will get a new battletome early on in 3rd edition which will bring everything together. 

Honestly, the way the WarCom post is written, I fear we won't get anything AOS proper in January...

• Like 1

I'm calling Vampires.

We had a sneak peek to the Slaanesh stuff weeks ago and the way its worded, I dont imagine they mean two different sneak peaks to the same release - especially when we know a battle tome is coming thanks to Sigvald and co.. 

The way its worded, to me, reads as something yet unseen.

However, with fortnightly releases, would GW really push two different factions out in the same 4 weeks for the same game?

Unless they're going to ramp up these fortnight releases to compensate and to put them back on schedule (seems theyre hoping it'll be up to date by March) ?

If 3.0 is in still for the Summer, it could make sense. Two months of roughly up to date releases for the final 3.0 push?

Also I think BR might be used as an older battletome 'patch' mechanic, rather than PA new edition hype equivalent - if that's a case, it makes sense - Mortahi existed mainly to fix and fill gaps - so a way where instead of releasing brand new battletomes, we have books to move narrative as well as do small edits seems absolutely sexy to me

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

I'm not so sure, we already got a preview/sneak peek of the Slaaneshi mortals so doing a second one Christmas Day doesn't make much sense to me? But releases have been thrown off a lot so mabe that's the only one that makes the most sense

There are the Slaangor, the Archesr, Archers on Steed, other guys on Steed and the big Palanquin thing to be shown. 

Christmas Day will (should ?) be the full reveal for them. 

• Like 3

We might still get Slaanesh in January, since releases have been moved to every two weeks. But it's highly likely that the slaanesh release had been pushed to feb. If not, the feb release might be vampires. 

Edit:Nevermind didn't read the part where the first pre-orders are Jan 16th, in that case, slaanesh has been pushed to feb 6th for it's release and Jan 30th for pre order. If we follow the two week timeline. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 3

I also believe that this battletome is from  Slaanesh and it won't come out until February . There are several units to show at all, and maybe some character or large unit that we do not even know.

It is not the first time that GW has divided a new into 2 or 3 parts and gives great importance to each of them.

Unfortunately with these delays I don't expect a big preview on Friday :(

Pd. also its last friday of the month so we will see other article of underworld with a new miniature.

• Like 1

Yeah, they've said that there's only one AoS Battletome and models coming in February, and have mentioned nothing before that in January. I think it's very likely Slaanesh - otherwise, they'll have shown these new models with no intention to release them until March and to have another major release before them. 

I think there'll be one new big Slaanesh model on Christmas, and a full reveal of the other units, and the new battletome + minis will be out in February.

• Like 1

As they have written the schedule, the preorder of January will be 40k, followed by another 40k one and Slaneesh battletome in Feb, and showing all slaneeshi models in Christmas Day.

So, BR at the same time as the Battletome? Because if It’s not the case, we have to wait till March to get it. And what about all those probably AoS Rumour engines? When will be solved?

Honestly considering how much trouble GW has had end of this year, I'm not shocked to read of them shifting to a slower release pattern going into next year. Not only have they got some clearly big releases coming up (which even in a normal year might have been two week pre-orders) but they've also got a huge backlog to overcome. Settling the rate of releases for a short term period is a great way for them to get back on top of things. 

Looking forward to seeing what Christmas Day brings! Heck GW teased some new 40K models for Xenos months ago and we've not seen anything yet (barring that special edition ork)

To be fair the Christmas reveal could show the remaining Slaanesh AND whatever is hinted at by the Advent Rumour Engine that will get a battletome. Or it could be a Slaanesh battletome and the Undead looking stuffs are new minis for older units getting covered off in a Broken Realms book to come soon. Or none of the above. We only have to wait until Friday at least. 

If there is a Slaanesh battletome I want dice this time. Slaanesh got none last time, got no special dice for their Underworlds warband and just seem to be pariahs of the dice gods. It makes me very sad! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The christmas reveal has to be Slaanesh. There are enough units in that release to warrant a new tome plus several models we have not seen yet. It would make no sense to announce another battletome now while the Slaanesh hype cycle is not yet done.

I disagree. The Slaanesh stuff will most likely be put into Broken Realms 2. Remember that the Mechanicus in 40k had a decent sized release (the helicopter, the Higgins boat, the cavalry, etc) with rules in Psychic Awakening. Even by GW's very weird definition of "MASSIVE BIG HUGE REVEAL DON'T MISS IT!!!" an updated Hedonites tome is so obvious at some point I don't think it's the Christmas reveal.

Incidentally, Mechanicus still hasn't had their updated Battletome with the stuff from Engine War in it, so it's definitely not a rule anymore that new models = new codex/battletome. I'd not be surprised if we didn't see a new Hedonites battletome until shortly into 3.0.

Also, Advent Calendars are for counting down to the big day, usually with a larger piece of chocolate on the 24th/25th. Only a couple of the Rumour Engines could really fit with Slaanesh and even that's a stretch, plus they've already teased the 'zombie' silhouette separate from Rumour Engines.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Scurvydog said:

Disappointing if the christmas reveal is just the remaining slaanesh. It would make way more sense if that reveal is tied to their christmas calendar, but it is GW after all so things do not have to make sense...

On the other hand, it wouldn't make sense if it wasn't Slaanesh getting a battletome in February (and a preview on Christmas day). They've had a lot revealed already and the only alternative is a release in March (rather than Feb) with their hype cycle being cut by another hyped release.