The Rumour Thread

Eltharion is a steal at  220: you can even put him as ally in other armies (don't ask me: I/we don't know yet the potential ally armies),  Put him with your battlelines, making your front line super powered. He doesn't need any other CA or rules to be efficient. For example (if it is possible), just put him with few stormcast and you have  a cheap central heavy hammer. As a bonus, it will be cheap in £$€ because it is only a tiny single (empty!!! lol) char with bigger base.  Just for this, I'll put him with my stormy boyz 😜

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

edit: Imo this guy will be about as strong if not stronger than an Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Storm. So he should be ~ 280-300 pts

Or... maybe instead we can just discount the Eidolon 😉

But I do like that each Aelven army has some kind of avatar like figure: Eidolon, Eltharion, Durthu, Avatar of Khaine and hopefully something crazy for Malerion when it comes out.

1 minute ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

The ridiculously low points of Eltharion (especially since we haven't even seen all his rules yet), makes me wonder if GW is gonna start creeping points of everything down to sell more models in a 2000 point army.

Point costs per model are hard because sometimes a model can appear cheap, but fits into an otherwise expensive army.

As for point costs going down I fully expect that to start to happen in AoS. However I dont' expect it to happen soon. There's still too many armies like Flesheaters and Daughters of Khine and Fyreslayers (to name a few) where increasing model count is just spamming the same models. An across the board reduction I don't see happening, but I can see the next edition release* starting the process for armies one by one. It's a balancing act.

Even armies like Seraphon and Skaven with huge model ranges still have a lot of legacy models in them in old sculpts and even all the way back to metal. Again there's a lot of need there to adjust things to make it work better. 

Stormcast are perhaps in the best shape; Slaves to Darkness are doing pretty good (better once new wearriors and knights are released individually and in their multi-part sets not just in the push-fit starter set). Knighthaunt are pretty good too and there's some others in a decent position. Over time it will steadily improve. 

*Which might be totally new rules or might just be further collation and refinement of 2.0 

I actually don't think Eltharion is too underpriced or anything. There are simply a lot of other units that are pretty over-costed for what you get nowadays, so it's hard not to compare. *cough Dankholds *cough* Bloodwrack shrine *cough*

47 minutes ago, Overread said:

Point costs per model are hard because sometimes a model can appear cheap, but fits into an otherwise expensive army.

As for point costs going down I fully expect that to start to happen in AoS. However I dont' expect it to happen soon. There's still too many armies like Flesheaters and Daughters of Khine and Fyreslayers (to name a few) where increasing model count is just spamming the same models. An across the board reduction I don't see happening, but I can see the next edition release* starting the process for armies one by one. It's a balancing act.

Even armies like Seraphon and Skaven with huge model ranges still have a lot of legacy models in them in old sculpts and even all the way back to metal. Again there's a lot of need there to adjust things to make it work better. 

Stormcast are perhaps in the best shape; Slaves to Darkness are doing pretty good (better once new wearriors and knights are released individually and in their multi-part sets not just in the push-fit starter set). Knighthaunt are pretty good too and there's some others in a decent position. Over time it will steadily improve. 

*Which might be totally new rules or might just be further collation and refinement of 2.0 

It's going to be really interesting to see the points cost of the Sons of Behemat. Wether Aleguzzler points will increase or decrease based on new Warscrolls and rules and how much a Warstomper will cost compared to a Kraken Eater.

Now compare the Light of Eltharion with any "Slaves to Darkness", "Blades of Khorne" or "Maggotkin of Nurgle" hero near or above his points that will also need several buffs to faction in combat. (I am sure this goes  for other Chaos,  Order and Destruction heroes as well, just picked those  three armies from my own personal experience.

I don't think the set of rules previewed for Eltharion is healthy for the game overall. Sure, tournament players will be able to crack him up and deal with him easily but in the bigger picture, people who meet up for a casual game with their favorite armies are likely going to have a one-sided game with less fun for both of the participants.

For example a Khorne  player with not that much experience having a meet up game with a Lumineth player with similar experience in the game, who just picked Eltharion because it is a cool miniature with cool rules.  The khorne player (who likely picked khorne because they are barbarians and warriors who excel in melee combat, is likely to be massacred and feel uncomfortable facing Lumineth in the future. I have seen this happening in other instances as well, and there are many people with too little time for tournaments, who just want to have a chill game 1 or 2 times a month in their limited free time. Such one sided games usually end up leading these players to abstain from their FLGS and create home clubs for their wargaming.

Not a rant here, just a little bit of worrying for the game's direction. 😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Those Kislev bears laa! 

****** could you imagine seeing a full TOW starter set, Kislev vs Chaos Hung or something.

A set with just every single model never seen before, a brand new re-imaging of these old races. I cant wait to see what's in store. 

Plus not to mention all the AoS conversion potential 😎

• LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Soolong said:

I'm going to die laughing if old world is warmaster scale. 

Meanwhile I'll be working out if I really need TWO kidneys ;)

I'd love to see Warmaster return, but I don't expect it for another decade at least. 

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

BloodBowl is already an amazing sources for conversion but I can't wait to see what TOW will bring us in terms of possible creations for AOS ! 

I still have my fingers crossed that the game will be Epic-scaled.  Sure, it would mean no cross pollination of games, but wouldn't 1/4 inch tall bears be awesome? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I still have my fingers crossed that the game will be Epic-scaled.  Sure, it would mean no cross pollination of games, but wouldn't 1/4 inch tall bears be awesome? 

Spoiler

Q231.jpg

They are already out there in the world in 15mm scale from Battle Valor.

• Like 1

Does anybody have the Lumineth VS S2D White Dwarf already?

I bet S2D are either being wiped off the table completely or they lose horrendously.
At least that will happen unless the Lumineth player does make bad decisions on purpose 🤣

srsly I am interested in that battle report, do we k ow when it‘ll be purchasable (digital version)?

Edited by JackStreicher