The Rumour Thread

I dunno if it was mentioned here but GW said Adepticon would be their biggest showing ever this year, my very hasty finger-math reckons they could get enough articles out of the remaining revelaed Lumineth models (2 on horses, 2 on teclis, 2 on Eltharion) to save any new stuff until then.

Hang on, I am dumb. They're Bi-weekly. So... 1 for each of those kits :D

Edited by DynamicCalories

3 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

I dunno if it was mentioned here but GW said Adepticon would be their biggest showing ever this year, my very hasty finger-math reckons they could get enough articles out of the remaining revelaed Lumineth models (2 on horses, 2 on teclis, 2 on Eltharion) to save any new stuff until then.

Hang on, I am dumb. They're Bi-weekly. So... 1 for each of those kits :D

Everything points to a big reveal of...NEW 40K release. So, I'm not expecting anything else. Maybe, just maybe, few ersatz of Son of behemoths...

21 minutes ago, Mutton said:

This again is why GW needs to start doing roadmaps like the one they recently showed off for Necromunda. That way customers aren't languishing while waiting for releases without any time frames.

What’s the advantage for GW? 
if I know the next few releases I’m going spread less money over those releases vs. every surprise one that catches my eye I spend money on. 

now you might argue that it creates more connected customers which helps long term, but I think that the part of the consumer base that’s collecting a lot far outweighs that. 

• Like 3

i guess they want some flexibility in their release schedule so that why they never give out hard dates and only say what month or season it is release.

Though sisters of battle where suppose to be release last year but it got push into this year and now be finishing in March.

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Nothing wrong with Made to Order weeks. I'm not fussed about this one, since its just imperial guard, but they've done some great fantasy and Lord of the Rings runs over the last year or so. We'll get the seraphon book soon enough. Its just a matter of time.

Agreed, though maybe next time they’ll Do plastic tomb kings kits, that’d sell so quickly they’d need another week to get every order!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikeymajq said:

I actually didn't like having a roadmap for Necromunda. Takes away some of the mystique. And now I can clearly see how long the wait will be until my Cawdor gets a book 😅😭

Least they've got a chance - I'm still waiting for phyrr cats to get remade and released! 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

What’s the advantage for GW? 
if I know the next few releases I’m going spread less money over those releases vs. every surprise one that catches my eye I spend money on. 

now you might argue that it creates more connected customers which helps long term, but I think that the part of the consumer base that’s collecting a lot far outweighs that. 

We go round and round on this whenever the GW schedule gets particularly weird (which right now it seems that way  bc of the SoB gap and everyone wanting Seraphon).  Even a simple two month out release schedule would go a long way towards being a reasonable retailer. 

And I think the answer to your question is actually pretty simple.  The advantage to GW for not treating customers like cash bags (with no impulse control) would be long term loyalty (as you point out).  I think you are being a bit too dismissive in your thoughts on the value there, because at some point soon 3d printers are going to be a real threat to GW.  Once that happens, brand loyalty will be a thing.

I think you have been around long enough to remember the bad old days when GW started actually losing to Privateer Press/Warmachine and X Wing.  That happened for a reason.  And GW came back for a reason also, they seemed to be making and doing things their customers wanted.

This is such a small thing, with potentially big payoff both for GW and for us. 

• Like 5

Yeah I agree on the release schedule.

I have a monthly and year budget so a release schedule would help me understand what to spend on. Surprises end up only ruining my plans and me losing something may have interested me. 
Regarding the Seraphon book didn’t we see it was shipped long ago? I don’t think that is risking anything but the future is grim with not only few factories closed but many delivery centres. If that was going to affect GW the consequences could be felt in 6 months I reckon.

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Yeah I agree on the release schedule.

I have a monthly and year budget so a release schedule would help me understand what to spend on. Surprises end up only ruining my plans and me losing something may have interested me. 
Regarding the Seraphon book didn’t we see it was shipped long ago? I don’t think that is risking anything but the future is grim with not only few factories closed but many delivery centres. If that was going to affect GW the consequences could be felt in 6 months I reckon.

I recall the warscroll cards where spotted in the shipping logs but not the battletome

1 hour ago, Austin said:

The advantage to GW for not treating customers like cash bags (with no impulse control) would be long term loyalty (as you point out)

They already have long term loyalty, 30+ years of success, and amaaaaazing returns for investors.

Honestly, this recurring, periodic grousing over what they should and should not be doing with "roadmaps" or the like is pointless and tedious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1