The Rumour Thread

Also I would wager GW has the sprue all on the same mould. So whilst they might have their own segment, I'd expect them to be on the same chunk of metal. So really no hope of splitting them up.

Really we've four options:

1) It's a price rise

2) It's a content increase and GW doubles the miniature count and increases the price a bit

3) It's a content increase and GW is putting something else inside each pack - unique model/upgrade cards or something. 

4) It's wrong or a trade type price

Option 1 is really odd since these are very new models and their current prices are normal for GW's pricing structure. Plus the Bonereapers are not appearing to be pushing prices up either for basic infantry and such. Plus Warcry has, far as we know, been selling really well so I can't see justification to hamper its growth this early with a price rise. Heck the Chimera didn't even get a price rise (outside of a few more £ for the cards in the box). 

Option 4 could be possible. The Red painting handle and the paint pot holder are listed on the sheet at insane prices for what they are and could be reflecting trade prices buying multiples; rather than customer prices. Or they are simply utterly wrong. 

37 minutes ago, JackdawGin said:

What if it's a repackage but they duplicate only some sprues?  

The Iron Golems for example have the Dominar and Drillmaster on one sprue, the Ogor Breacher and Armator on another with the Prefector/Signifier split between them.  But, the three Iron Legionaries are all on their own sprue.  What if we get an additional of that last one making the box:

Dominar, Drillmaster, Prefector/Sgnifier, Breacher, Armator and 6 Legionaries?

Exactly what I said above. This is assuming of course those prices are valid. And this would also mean the warscrolls will change quite a bit, especially the “1 in 8 must be”. But how nice would be to have a slaves to darkness army with the main body being 40 Iron Golems?

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Care to elaborate and contribute to the discussion rather than just being dismissive?

Well it should've been obvious that I'm simply disagreeing with your opinion about it being a problem. Simply a matter of different tastes. My post was as much dismissive as the one I was reacting to. Maybe next time before you throw terms around like "problem" and "fixing" consider that there are people who actually like the "sea of bones" aesthetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panzer said:

Well it should've been obvious that I'm simply disagreeing with your opinion about it being a problem. Simply a matter of different tastes. My post was as much dismissive as the one I was reacting to. Maybe next time before you throw terms around like "problem" and "fixing" consider that there are people who actually like the "sea of bones" aesthetic.

I mean it’s obviously just their opinion though, you don’t need to take it personally. 

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

I mean it’s obviously just their opinion though, you don’t need to take it personally. 

Don't worry I didn't take it personally. I simply disagreed with his opinion. I also dislike people presenting opinions and speculations as facts which affected the way I expressed my disagreement.

11 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Did Feast have more stock than Looncurse?
I'm also curious about how many boxes of Psychic Awakening they made, those don't seem to be selling out fast at all. So did they make less Feast boxes then

Perhaps that's just a sign that AOS is becoming more popular than 40k.

• LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Did Feast have more stock than Looncurse?
I'm also curious about how many boxes of Psychic Awakening they made, those don't seem to be selling out fast at all. So did they make less Feast boxes then

At least for Psychic Awakening I wouldn't be surprised if they made more, but also that box is pretty expensive at $230, even compared to the Feast box which itself is already a price hike

12 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Perhaps that's just a sign that AOS is becoming more popular than 40k.

Yeah I wish that, but I think it’s just for AoS they are still tuning numbers while for 40K they have a more consolidated viewpoint and can gauge better how many boxes create.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Sometimes its wise to ready every post with the view of "its that persons opinion" even if they don't openly state it as such. 

Lets not get caught up in a "who's opinion is more correct" argument. 

Yeah.  It wasn't obvious, and the eye roll icon was a clear negative. 

Anyway, just to move along and reply more generally, when I say there is a problem that is fixed by armor in reply to a post wondering if the force might be better without armor, all I'm saying is  that the positive of adding the armor is that it addresses two things about more traditional skeleton-based armies that have been general discussion points for years. Namely that skeleton models tend to be fragile compared to bulkier models (fact, not opinion) and that having most of a model be bone leads to armies that have less visual pop or don't give as much room for a painter to add color. Having the opportunity to strengthen the model and add more color are good things, in my view.

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Yeah I wish that, but I think it’s just for AoS they are still tuning numbers while for 40K they have a more consolidated viewpoint and can gauge better how many boxes create.

I don't think so (yet). I think that the price over the content was a huge brake to sales. Add to this that it was intended for specific players (aeldari/drukhari/ynari) already equiped (not good to start an army with this box) and not that easy to split. I think that it sold badly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I don't think so (yet). I think that the price over the content was a huge brake to sales. Add to this that it was intended for specific players (aeldari/drukhari/ynari) already equiped (not good to start an army with this box) and not that easy to split. I think that it sold badly.

So now someone at GW is saying "See? Eldar do not sell! Back to Space Marines."

• Sad 1

From @Major in the bonereapers forum 

$AUD prices for next week's releases. 
image.png.da9077cb88ed3b3e4296c6264f326ed3.png

The unit costs seem to be in line with what we normally get. 
Glad the paint pot holder is $13 for 6 and not $48 like the other spreadsheet had. 
The red painting handle isn't here....
The spray stick is $38... so the $18USD was probably accurate. Bit high, but I'll reserve judgement till I see it. 

Yep, reposting my thoughts on the AUS prices: 

Interesting, those mostly line up with the spreadsheet leak (though that leak was in USD), except for some outliers that seem to certainly be errors. We don't have the red painting handle here but the spreadsheet had the paint pot holder as $48 USD, quantity unknown, while this has it as the way more reasonable $13 AUS for 6 of them. 

With that in mind, it's possible/probable that some of the other prices in the leak are also incorrect, i.e. the Warbands for Warcry re-releasing potentially alongside the StD battletome, but the items themselves are correct

It looks products and prices are all correct (apart very few mistakes) ! I am amazed !

IMG_20191025_210041.jpg.707979393c93f035

Source: https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/10/next-weeks-age-of-sigmar-40k-hobby-products-pricing-confirmed.html

Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis $110
Mortek Crawler $80
Kavalos Deathriders $60
Mortek Guard $60
Arch-Kavalos Zandtos, Dark Lanse of Ossia $50
Gothizzar Harvester $50
Necropolis Stalkers $50
Mortisan Soulmason $35
Mortisan Boneshaper $30
Mortisan Soulreaper $30
Da Red Gobbo $35
Citadel Colour Spray Stick $18
Citadel Red Painting Handle (x6) $67.50, ($11.50 single) 
Citadel Painting Handle (x5) $40
Citadel Paint Pot Holder (x6) $8
Dark Millennium Playing Dards $15
White Dwarf Apocrypha $35
Dominion of Sigmar: Hallowed Stormvault $100
Dominion of sigmar: Penumbral Stormvault $125
Black Library Castle of Blood (hardback): $18 
Watcher in the Rain (hardback): $17.50 
Wreck and Ruin (paperback): $5 
Iron Resolve (paperback): $5 
Thieve’s Paradise (paperback): $5 
Code of the Skies (paperback): $5