Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Now with a taste of rules we are talking!!! About the movement I guess there will be many ways to improve it from the existing endless spells to potential new spells, anything really.

Thing I did not understand is if they lose the default command abilities in favour of only theirs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alghero81 said:

Now with a taste of rules we are talking!!! About the movement I guess there will be many ways to improve it from the existing endless spells to potential new spells, anything really.

Thing I did not understand is if they lose the default command abilities in favour of only theirs?

That'd be interesting! The article specifically says they generate Relentless Discipline rather than Command Points.  Of course they may have a rule that says they're allowed to use Relentless Discipline points on abilities that normally require CPs.  Notably the unit abilities they previewed said that they are still command abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emissary said:

Who's ready for 3+(2+ in cover) save battleline  with rerollable saves, 6+ feel no pain, immune to battleshock and can be resurrected?  😍

How do they get the 3+ save?  The warscroll says 4+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dt4k87 said:

How do they get the 3+ save?  The warscroll says 4+.

In the podcast/developer diary they mentioned one of the "Bonehosts" gives army wide +1 Save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK...

I have enough of this power creep.

Believe it or not, i will quit aos...

See you guys:(

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rosa said:

OK...

I have enough of this power creep.

Believe it or not, i will quit aos...

See you guys:(

Definitely should at least hang around until we see the points! We have so little info right now.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not just the reapers Info...

Started with FEC, then HoS, now Reapers 

I just cant stand it. Lovely Models and Overall Rules, but personaly, i cant make this creep every other tome.

 

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, relic456 said:

Definitely should at least hang around until we see the points! We have so little info right now.

And the info we do have doesn't even point toward (the false idea of) creep.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rosa said:

Its not just the reapers Info...

Started with FEC, then HoS, now Reapers 

I just cant stand it. Lovely Models and Overall Rules, but personaly, i cant make this creep every other tome.

 

Except Daughters of Khaine who are still doing really rather well and were one of the first AoS 2.0 battletomes. 

The only Creep is that 2.0 battletomes ARE stronger than 1.0, 1.5 and armies with no battletome - which was fully to be expected. Especially as the early Tomes didn't have army wide abilities and such. 

 

Also don't forget these reapers are strong, but their core infantry only moves 4 inches. And unlike your traditional dwarven army, they don't have lots of artillery and ranged units. They've got one trebuchet of which we don't even know the points value. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

And the info we do have doesn't even point toward (the false idea of) creep.

It's all relative I guess, depends which army you love. Which army do you play @rosa? Can talk about this more in that army's thread.

10 minutes ago, rosa said:

Its not just the reapers Info...

Started with FEC, then HoS, now Reapers 

I just cant stand it. Lovely Models and Overall Rules, but personaly, i cant make this creep every other tome.

 

You have to do what you think is right, but I would just add that FEC was a blip and was nerfed to sorta obscurity (highest placement was 33rd at the most recent Facehammer GT) , Slaanesh is an outlier if anything, and we don't have much info on Reapers yet!

8 minutes ago, xking said:

*snip*

Spell eater seems super good, Maelstrom is only 10 points, easy to cast and easy to eat for a free heal/buff

Edited by relic456
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rosa said:

Its not just the reapers Info...

Started with FEC, then HoS, now Reapers 

I just cant stand it. Lovely Models and Overall Rules, but personaly, i cant make this creep every other tome.

 

Yes but you forget the citys of sigmar that are at tome 1.0 level.

 

But agree with you,skavens,fec,slanesh and now those reapers are doing aos2.0 the most umbalanced game that gw have done never

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sandlemad said:

It really is very similar to the stock of a skitarii galvanic rifle though. It would be weird to just reuse something that appears on their basic infantry on an AoS model. I suspect this is something AdMech.

99120116002_SkitariiRangers04.jpg

It does look like a skitarii galvanic rifle, but lever action rifles are generally considered very primitive. So it makes me think more along the lines of Freeguild or Duardan. Probably a warband of some kind for them. (it would be weird to get a new AOS only model right after they got a new codex)

However I can't tell if the additional attachment is a scope or some kind of scabbard. Scope is definitely more of a 40k thing but a scabbard would point me towards AOS. 

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I had hoped they'd move away from the utter op that is an army with easy access to full rerolls. You'd have thought they learned their lesson by now. 

Bonereapers are looking like powercreep, but hopefully they don't have access to any deepstrike or movement buffs.

 

3 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Don't forget that they are really slow and that there is a cost behind this...

Yea agreed with both of ya'll. AOS is a game of movement and board control. They can have a 1+ save for all I care. If they are movement 4 then they will have a bad time in competitive play. 

My biggest concern is if GW gives them access to deepstrike/teleports. They have a tendency to hand them out randomly. Even a run+charge ability would effectively give them movement 7. The early previews of the wizard shows that they do have access to strong wizards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Emissary said:

Who's ready for 3+(2+ in cover) save battleline  with rerollable saves, 6+ feel no pain, immune to battleshock and can be resurrected?  😍

I see a 4+ save on the warscroll. Where is the 3+ coming from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, relic456 said:

In the podcast/developer diary they mentioned one of the "Bonehosts" gives army wide +1 Save.

@Kurrilino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, rosa said:

OK...

I have enough of this power creep.

Believe it or not, i will quit aos...

See you guys:(

Probably a bit soon to jump to the conclusion that the Boneboys will be that busted, especially given that we know so little. They might be strong, but they might also suck. At least wait until they're on the table to pass judgment.

I seem to recall a month or two back when the rules for a certain fan-favorite Duardin model were released, and the hivemind collectively concluded that he was so OP, so unfair, so completely busted, that the game was completely ruined and there was no point in ever playing AOS again, ever.

And yet, wouldn't you know it, in the time since, not a single list featuring Gotrek has even sniffed a top table at a GT. Turns out there's only so much you can gather from reading a warscroll, and the reality of what a unit can actually do on the table often doesn't live up to your expectations.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, l1censetochill said:

Probably a bit soon to jump to the conclusion that the Boneboys will be that busted, especially given that we know so little. They might be strong, but they might also suck. At least wait until they're on the table to pass judgment.

I seem to recall a month or two back when the rules for a certain fan-favorite Duardin model were released, and the hivemind collectively concluded that he was so OP, so unfair, so completely busted, that the game was completely ruined and there was no point in ever playing AOS again, ever.

And yet, wouldn't you know it, in the time since, not a single list featuring Gotrek has even sniffed a top table at a GT. Turns out there's only so much you can gather from reading a warscroll, and the reality of what a unit can actually do on the table often doesn't live up to your expectations.

Pretty much this, Mortek Guard look crazy good but for all we know they'll be 20+ points a piece. If I had to make a bet though, I'd bet that Bonereapers end up on the higher end of the power curve. Blanket immunity to battleshock and access to an army wide +1 save are good enough its hard to imagine this army being weak.

Gotrek was ridiculous, some people were so fixated on his damage and tankiness that there was nothing that could be done to convince people he wouldn't be the most op thing ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

you,skavens,fec,slanesh and now those reapers are doing aos2.0 the most umbalanced game that gw have done never

40k raises it's hand?

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, l1censetochill said:

And yet, wouldn't you know it, in the time since, not a single list featuring Gotrek has even sniffed a top table at a GT. Turns out there's only so much you can gather from reading a warscroll, and the reality of what a unit can actually do on the table often doesn't live up to your expectations.

Part of it is that many people read warscrolls and abilities without thinking of them within context of a game. Then they do some rough maths thinking about the stats and they get even more worried about them. Take Gotrek, GW did some matchups for him in close combat - downing 3 bloodthirsters, downing nagash etc... He beat a LOT of things singlehanded.

But that was all in close combat range without any army support. It didn't take into account that if you've 3 thirsters you won't likely have them all in the same place on the table; that if you've nagash he's not wanting to be in close combat and would instead move away and bombard Gotrek with spells. 

 

Another aspect is that, in Gotrek's case, you can't even spell move him, so that 4 inches really is 4 inches only. A massive thing in the game which lets him hold down a flank on his own (and for 500 points that's not a bad thing); but won't let him charge all over the board.

 

And that point raises the subject of points, we don't know them. The Bonereapers might be tough, but if they can't put many models down and they can't move fast then even with movement boosters (which will likely require wizards you can remove from the table and more points into endless spells as well as the casting failing some turns); they can't move the whole army faster. So you've still got a lot of armies who can and will out manoeuvre the Reapers. 

 

Honestly for an army with short movement, battleshock immunity makes some sense. Otherwise you could easily skirt their units and shock and awe the rest back; which would make them seriously hard to play in only 6 turns. Losing a whole two turns to moving back adn then having to recover distance is a BIG thing when you only move 4 inches. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

Yes but you forget the citys of sigmar that are at tome 1.0 level.

You want to elaborate on that? I don't want to argue against it in case I've misunderstood your meaning ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mayple said:

You want to elaborate on that? I don't want to argue against it in case I've misunderstood your meaning ;)

They're exclusively looking at CoS through the lens of a mono-Duardin/Dispossessed player and how it affected their own personal army, not how CoS armies as a whole perform when you use the full range of models

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s not a lot to go on but it at least looks like they have some interesting and unique mechanics. I’d rather have that then a bunch of similar armies even if it makes for more wonky balancing that takes some time to get ironed out. 

Hopefully that movement and a couple other things are true downsides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a bit too early to say OBR are a power creep or selling them off as a slow army that can’t do much. Fyreslayers will be a similar type of army and they can do well used correctly. 

Regarding the state of the game, a game with 4 powerful armies and 10-15 following more or less at the same level is not bad at all. Plus how many really play for the top table in super competitive tournaments? I’ve beaten Skaven and Idoneth with my pure Nighthaunt army because we play friendly matches and our lists are not super tuned. According to some opinions here I would have no chance...

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Seems a bit too early to say OBR are a power creep or selling them off as a slow army that can’t do much. Fyreslayers will be a similar type of army and they can do well used correctly. 

Regarding the state of the game, a game with 4 powerful armies and 10-15 following more or less at the same level is not bad at all. Plus how many really play for the top table in super competitive tournaments? I’ve beaten Skaven and Idoneth with my pure Nighthaunt army because we play friendly matches and our lists are not super tuned. According to some opinions here I would have no chance...

I love everything you said.  People always complain about OP armies and then list like 6 OP armies. 6 competitive armies ain't bad for a list of T1s!  Then everything else with a 2.0 tome is T2?  Great!  Most games can only hope for that level of balance across that much material.  This game does a fantastic job considering the sheer number of armies with unique mechanics that there are to balance as well as the decent variety in scenario types.  Balance can be hard to achieve with games that only have 3-4 armies and a single objective (i.e. starcraft). And yeah, things could be better and we should push for more balance of course, but you have to temper that with realistic expectations (given the amount of stuff there is to balance) and an appreciation for the state we're currently in.  Criticism is only helpful when it's true and balanced. 


 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...