The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Yep.

Their points are going down almost across the board in the new GHB, including 40 point drops for the larger vessels, Khemist down 20, Skywardens back down 20, Thunderers down 10, as well as other similar tweaks. They should be very playable moving foward.

More significantly, I had previously said they were coming this Spring with Sylvaneth - I clearly got my wires crossed on which duardin were being refreshed this Spring (given the Fyreslayer tome). KO book is wrapping up, so expect it in 6-9 months I would guess.

Other significant news includes the three new command generic command abilities include reroll 1s to hit, reroll 1s to wound, and reroll 1s to save. Sounds like we'll all be capped at only 1 additional command point (purchasable for 50 points in matched play).  Dok took a hit, but it wasn't tragic (Hags at 90, etc.). Interestingly, alot more points adjustments by 10s instead of 20s (eels up 10, etc).

That's all I have right now.

Where did you get this news btw? I'm keeping an ear out for any early rule/point leaks, especially for nighthaunt.

2 minutes ago, Qrow said:

Where did you get this news btw? I'm keeping an ear out for any early rule/point leaks, especially for nighthaunt.

People who know people who know people. I haven't directly seen anything. I likewise asked about Nighthaunt but they had no info for me (other than genric "points decreases").

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

People who know people who know people. I haven't directly seen anything. I likewise asked about Nighthaunt but they had no info for me (other than genric "points decreases").

Do you happen to know if GW will fix the Aelf salad mix on the ghb?

1 hour ago, Charly2912 said:

Did you read this on the post about the new GH? Could this mean Khemri and Bretonnia will get some Love? 

20190611_075013.png

Good Spot - I hadn't noticed that. I think this could probably mean a couple things:

- More units will move into the Compendium (probably Gitmob, Greenskins, and maybe some loose units that don't fit in other lists)

- Probably some nerfs for stuff like TK....

1 hour ago, Thomas Lyons said:

three new command generic command abilities include reroll 1s to hit, reroll 1s to wound, and reroll 1s to save.

That sounds like it could potentially break things a bit. What is the use of a unit that gives you rerolls when you can just buy that? 

I know people will say because it costs a command point, but it does potentially devalue already underused units. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I think the new handbook is shaping up really nicely as a gaming expansion.  Seems to be that GW are trying to bolster the narrative side of things a bit too.

15 hours ago, Beliman said:

I'm happy about that. This companies are nice and all, but they should have some type rules that makes them playable. You are losing a CP and all the points for other Allies to take them.

All of the mercenary companies receive a special rules bonus, so the CP "cost" is offset by that rule (e.g. the Skeletons get +1 Attack)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Anything more about DoK, Hag going up is only nerf ?

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Any seraphon news. Like does the fact they are getting allegiance abilities in ghb2019 mean their book is way off. Any idea on points changes for them? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

But something is weird: gargant are 160 pts, the 3 unit can't actually be a thing with the 400pts matched play limit (on 2k pts). 

The Ogor one is 200 for three maneaters _ 120 for the firebelly means the 1-3 maneaters won't fit in matched play either. I get the idea that they intended this as a narrative system but then wen't what the heck, included it into matched play and maybe it'll be used more then. 

2 hours ago, Barbossal said:

Good Spot - I hadn't noticed that. I think this could probably mean a couple things:

- More units will move into the Compendium (probably Gitmob, Greenskins, and maybe some loose units that don't fit in other lists)

- Probably some nerfs for stuff like TK....

Good point about the new units for compendium

But Why do you Think it will be nerfs for TK? I rather hoped settras warscroll is getting an Update for 2.0 :D

13 minutes ago, Eshking said:

GHB20.jpg

I want to believe, but someone claimed that was just a list of suggestions that a few tournament players put together and sent to GW, not a proper leak.

Plus I dont know if they would change fireslayers that quickly, it would be extremely reactionary.

Edit: As Towercap confirmed, it was just a wishlist.

Edited by Qrow
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

And to add to Qrow, in the last video now disappeared they mentioned all battletomes from Gloomspite onwards did not receive any point changes... we will need to wait the digital version to see if there’s any update on those 

Gloomspite onwards: Blades of Khorne and Slaanesh? 

🤔 I can‘t remember which one came first

3 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Do you have any info regarding 1k MP games? Anything on Beasts of Chaos changes would be also appreciated ;)