The Rumour Thread

Maybe they will just end up being hirelings or lackeys like the stab grots and pot grots? Like a... cannon hobgrot or a hobgrot bodyguard duo to a chorf boss... that kind of thing?
Probably fairly visually distinct, better armour instead of scrap stuff or something like that?

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Aleguzzler/mancrusher/chaos Gargants are a cross GA kit.

Hobgrots could be a kit that represents different units in different GAs.

Maybe a Chorf auxiliaries upgrade sprue?

Why? they are wearing that kind of armour and weapons at the moment

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

(Huffs hopium) Y’know, they could have resurrected renegades and heretics in 40k, they released kits that would actually fit the faction as it was in the Eye of Terror campaign, like for example the new cultists (normal and possessed), dark commune, traitor guard, chaos beastmen… but instead they lumped them together in CSM.

Now, STD is a bit like the AoS version of CSM as the Chaos undivided faction, so maybe they’ll lump beastmen in STD instead of resurrecting BoC just how they lumped corrupted humans in CSM instead of resurrecting R&H.

It's probably fair to think that a R&H faction won't sell amazingly from their perspective tbf, from what I know, GSC is already one of their least played/popular factions and R&H are very similar to GSC in a lot of ways 

3 minutes ago, Someravella said:

What if KB become a standalone army and then chorfs are a subfaction with their own aesthetic? How would you feel about that, hum?

Do not touch our hobgrotz.

What about the other way around :P

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

It's probably fair to think that a R&H faction won't sell amazingly from their perspective tbf, from what I know, GSC is already one of their least played/popular factions and R&H are very similar to GSC in a lot of ways 

You underestimate how many GSC kits people buy for kitbashes and Necromunda.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, michu said:

You underestimate how many GSC kits people buy for kitbashes and Necromunda.

Totally, very popular range for kitbashing. However, I think their sales dip is more to do with their cost to point ratio and model count. They're one of the fairly obnoxious/cost prohibitive armies to players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Behold, a rat(s)!

Very pleased.

I was hoping they would do a refinement and not complete redesign on what it is to be a Skaven and they have done a great job. Think this will be the first AOS set where I want to paint up both sides rather than just one. 

Now if only GW would send an advance copy to a moderator of a certain forum to paint up in advance (note - chances of painting are slim) :D 

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, is this a new Skaven icon?

image.png.75275da504f033dc7b7c1fd860d3c817.png

Yes that new icon

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Uhhh... those are quite some good looking rats.

8YgBL2GeD4xBeQ91.png

fGfpKK27fHFauiOq.png

aIzG4RprKezXkzZq.png

Also, mixed weapons and shields, so very likely just one profile.

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Love how we're doing these mudcore Mordheim-esq rats. They're ragged & plague ridden as the lowest of the low grunts. There also the rat swarm pets around them that such a little detail i like since we kind of know they're gone 

Much better then the nu-liberator and this coming from a sigmarine apologist