The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Vicar in a tutu said:

Oh, the same 30K that gets S-tier resin miniatures of important characters like the primarchs? Settra seems like he would be a great example of a very important character that could get a new resin sculpt. 

I dont believe there are any HH minis in metal or finecast yet here here they are with the old world with metal. Would have been nice to have everything in forge world resin at least

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

Let's get this Old World stuff out of the way, then we can get to the real meaty business of 2024, Dawnbringer books 4+5, and AoS 4th edition.

This. Super happy for all The Old World fans though at the end of the day this is an Age of Sigmar forum.

There is an official thread for The Old World but aside from announcements or other major news, all postings for it should go there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This. Super happy for all The Old World fans though at the end of the day this is an Age of Sigmar forum.

There is an official thread for The Old World but aside from announcements or other major news, all postings for it should go there.

i think its because GW said there would be a reveal today and all we got was the old world coming soon.

7 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

i think its because GW said there would be a reveal today and all we got was the old world coming soon.

That was the announcement. It was not specified it was AoS related. Maybe we get something tomorrow and 1st of the year tends to be a mini reveals day.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Would the rulers of the forum consider adding a TOW board along with the warcry etc ones? 

This is the friendliest, most pleasant forum I've ever seen, and it would be a shame to have to find somewhere else for ToW news once it gets rolling! Surely it falls within the remit of fantasy warhammer as much as say, bloodbowl does.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Would the rulers of the forum consider adding a TOW board along with the warcry etc ones? 

This is the friendliest, most pleasant forum I've ever seen, and it would be a shame to have to find somewhere else for ToW news once it gets rolling! Surely it falls within the remit of fantasy warhammer as much as say, bloodbowl does.

Oh there will definitely be one made dont you worry about that!! We want all facets of the hobby to be welcome here.

• LOVE IT! 2

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This is moving around WhatsApp groups. I have no clue if it is fake or what the currency is:

image.png.3ee5a2abaa15c8472baf7a10f3930e33.png

If it is USD it is quite a decent price 255$ for the Bret box. 290$ for the Khemri one is quite a noticeable increase.

The list mentions Knights of the Realm On Foot, so it's probably fake considering neither the article nor video states they're going up for pre-order next week. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This is moving around WhatsApp groups. I have no clue if it is fake or what the currency is:

If it is USD it is quite a decent price 255$ for the Bret box. 290$ for the Khemri one is quite a noticeable increase.

Unless the Tomb Guard comes in a box of 20 then there is no way this is an accurate listing. They have the GLORIOUS necrosphinx kit at 75 dollars…… can someone please tell me what the old/original price of that magnificent kit was? Cause if it was the same price back before the end times then I need to go hunt down some scalpers on eBay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Unless the Tomb Guard comes in a box of 20 then there is no way this is an accurate listing. They have the GLORIOUS necrosphinx kit at 75 dollars…… can someone please tell me what the old/original price of that magnificent kit was? Cause if it was the same price back before the end times then I need to go hunt down some scalpers on eBay.

It is 20 tomb guard in the box. IMG_0666.png.0f6522f9474104117f80b5306b044a13.png

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

It was £32.50 RRP, which is around $65 in current GW pricing (accounting for the arbitrary GW Foreigner Tax)

That being said, it's a box of 20 rather than the 10 they were originally sold at. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

Stolen from Reddit, it kinda makes me cry. Not all picks check out but we see that Tzeentch sorely lacks mortals! Get your *beep* together, 2024, no pressure, get it all together and put it in a back pack, all your *beep*, so it's together.

image.png.cc8204d573b9b7a0b41e9a617ead48a0.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It is 20 tomb guard in the box. IMG_0666.png.0f6522f9474104117f80b5306b044a13.png

BY SETTRA’S GLORIOUS PYRAMID THATS WONDERFUL!!! Easily worth the price imo, since some of these kits have been gouged to near 100 dollars.

24 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It was £32.50 RRP, which is around $65 in current GW pricing (accounting for the arbitrary GW Foreigner Tax)

That being said, it's a box of 20 rather than the 10 they were originally sold at. 

$65?!?!?! Good God, I got into this hobby too late…… thanks @Clan's Cynic.

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

It’s almost like there is a topic about suggestions… 😉😉

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

This is the friendliest, most pleasant forum I've ever seen,

Thank you but it’s you guys that do it. All the mod work is keeping things ticking over from the shadows 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

This sucks so bad. I want the big book and the beastmen and the wood elves (my armies). There's zero percent  chance I'm going to buy all three books paying for all the armies I DONT play. On top of individual army books later? No thanks. Sorry I want to support the old world but I don't want to support THIS BS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petitionercity said:

Here are the GB prices

Screenshot_20240101-014233.png.118f0f4b227567acb329e60cddea9364.png

This is from the "Asia Export Order Form 01.01.2024", on Rest of the World options on tne retailer resources site.

These prices don't sound too bad at first, pretty close/a bit less than the Horus heresy prices which are also cheaper than normally per model but you also need more models than 40k for that game. But then again the HH plastics are all brand new kits while only 1-2 kits per faction is a new plastic kit here.

Also shows how much is still in resin/metal since each faction only has three kits and their big box on here, everything else is resin or metal so isn't available to independent stores. (Which also means no discounts) And for Bretonnia its even worse since two of those three kits are also in the big box so basically only the big box and a single plastic kit.

And I still have the same problem with that in that Tomb Kings and Bretonnia are the flagship factions for TOW. They are the Stormcast vs Kruleboyz / Space Marines vs Tyranids of this edition. I would expect them to get the most new stuff. So I wouldn't be surprised if other factions in the future won't even get a single new plastic kit for their launch.

Edited by Matrindur
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Kronos said:

Ok, In all fairness Heresy is also getting - A Mini game version, upgrade kits, and Updated versions of Primarchs which are yet to be 10 Years Old. I don’t think wanting a Settra to the Quality of say, Horus Ascended is me all that Surprised, or brash because I’ve skipped a couple articles….. The Plastic Skellies are a bit of a let down but really happy to see a lot of the Tk range return (The Knights and Guard haven’t aged a day) But The Biggest Character Namesake of the Army, could very well have had a collectors version model - Something really special. And as an alternative to that if they didn’t go down the fancy resin model route, then a plastic update of which could also making a TK/Prince chariot. 

It’s not that seeing Settra return specifically has irked me, it’s that not seeing his update, to me, kind of sets a precedent about what we’re going to see and not see for the other armies. I Know it’s a bit of a Knee ****** reaction. But if the Big Release army is not getting an update for it’s best known Character then what hope do the other armies have? That, to me Is surprising and not something I’ve read in any article.

Happy to be directed to the text that states so though.  

Tbf hh didn't have that stuff at first either.  If it sells well they'll probably get remade.  Also as someone who collects the named characters I rather them spend the man hours making generic heros as I prefer the my dudes aspect.

5 hours ago, MitGas said:

Stolen from Reddit, it kinda makes me cry. Not all picks check out but we see that Tzeentch sorely lacks mortals! Get your *beep* together, 2024, no pressure, get it all together and put it in a back pack, all your *beep*, so it's together.

image.png.cc8204d573b9b7a0b41e9a617ead48a0.png

I would argue that the Twinsouls are the Chosen and the Paingivers are the Warriors.

99120201101_HoSSymbareshTwinsoulsLead.jp

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Cataphract said:

I would argue that the Twinsouls are the Chosen and the Paingivers are the Warriors.

99120201101_HoSSymbareshTwinsoulsLead.jp

That graphic is missing a possessed unit which twinsouls would fit under, along with wrathmongers for khorne

• Like 1