The Rumour Thread

Yeah the celestant - prime have underwhelming stats for what is basically the primarch of stormcasts. He really should be better, and worth more points. Also have an impact to help armies (like a permanent inspiring presence bubble, or a bonus vs non-order armies, etc).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Giving the Sigmarite Warhammer artefact (basically a fake Ghal Maraz according to the fluff) to a Freeguild-Marshall on Griffon will result in a 3 3+/3+/-3/4 profile.

Better than the original!

It's another example of the disparity between the Stormcast Lore and and actual Gameplay.
Imo they should feel like custodes, meaning very few Models on the board, but those models are HYPER Elite, tough and hit like a wrecking ball. Currently they are humans with +1 Attack and a 3+ save.

Not to derail my argument, a crude example of how I envision Liberators as basic troops

Spoiler

General Arm special Rule: 
Blaze of Glory: (one dice on a 4+ one mortal wound), Thudnerstrike on a 3+. Entities with 5+ wounds deal d3 MWs instead of one. Monsters deal 2D3 MWs instead of one.

Sigmarite Assault: On a 3+ deal D3 Mortal wounds on the charge
Essence of Azyr: 5++ Ward VS Mortal Wounds. Ignore one point of rend for attacks targeting units with this rule to a minumum of 0. This Unit's armour cannot be modified to be better than 3+.

Wounds: 2
Save 3+
Move 6" (C'mon, those guys are HUGE)
Bravery 8

Hammer and Shield: A: 2|  3+ | 3+| -1 | 2
Great Weapon: A: 3 | 3+ | 2+|-2| 3

Lay low the tyrand: Strike first against enemies with 5+ wounds.
Sigmarite Assault: Instead of following the normal rules for this ability this unit instead rolls a d6 at the end of every combat phase. On a 4+ it eals D3 mortal wounds to one unit within 3".

Elite Units may add: 
Envoys of the Storm: A unmodified hit roll of 6 counts as 2 hits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rattila said:

Yeah the celestant - prime have underwhelming stats for what is basically the primarch of stormcasts. He really should be better, and worth more points. Also have an impact to help armies (like a permanent inspiring presence bubble, or a bonus vs non-order armies, etc).

Maybe he should... but as long as his in-game representation looks like this, he should suffer.

99120218001_CelestantPrime01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Flippy said:

Maybe he should... but as long as his in-game representation looks like this, he should suffer.

99120218001_CelestantPrime01.jpg

I've noticed many of you disliking the C Prime, but it is a super fancy kit. Specially considering its release date.

How would you envision a newer & better version? Maybe making him less generic?

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I've noticed many of you disliking the C Prime, but it is a super fancy kit. Specially considering its release date.

Maybe we could start by not putting a weird trash hurricane on his base.

Jokes aside, I think a different pose, a more convincing floating effect and not being an old Fatcast model would help a lot.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Yeah, his torso is kinda just a giant cube, and his arms are just hanging aimlessly around, like, The Warhammer should maybe be a focal point of the mini, but it's just sort of listlessly off to one side.  I do like his wings framing the whole thing, but then all the swirly marshmallow stuff at the bottom draws the eye away from that anyway, I've seen him assembled without the magic swirlies and he looks a lot nicer.  Neat concept, pretty uninspiring sculpt in my opinion, I'd love to see a second take on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Personally I'd (a) make him bigger (he is THE Stormcasty Stormcast after all), (b) give him a pose other than the T-pose, (c) make his proportions less fatcast and (d) give him angel wings a la Yndrasta rather than his current celestial energy wings. Oh and (e) but bother with the energy vortex either.

I feel like he was a mini released ahead of his time. When I look at minis from that era they just don't quite compare to minis released a couple of years later. Even if they stuck with his current aesthetic, I suspect a Prime released that would be far better from a detail and posting point of view.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't like him (to say the least), but to be fair it's not entirely his fault - the whole early Stormcast line should be forgotten ASAP. As for his release date... he is worse then many WHFB End Times models and after him we quickly get stuff based on similar concept that makes him look like some design mistake. 

Put the Fear of Death into Your Opponents With the Stronger ...

Eidolon of Mathlann – Aspect of the Storm | Games Workshop Webstore

w0URfF3VWFzwsxwE.jpg

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

The Celestant-prime imho is a lot nicer than say Yndrasta and I definitely don’t want to see angel wings on SCE, that’s the part of her I dislike the most.

Having a celestial vortex around him is cool, but I agree I’d have liked the pose to be pronounced like his artwork which looks epic. 

And he does need better rules. 

I doubt he’ll get a do-over, and rather another of Sigmar’s champions from another realm will be released instead.

Does anyone have any thought as to who is behind the mask? I assume it’s either Valten or Karl Franz, leaning toward the former.

What about Ionus Cryptborn? I reckon Mannfred.

• Like 3

I've never seen the celestant prime mini irl but from the pictures I've seen his magic tornado thing looks too chunky would be my main critique. Restyling his armour to be similar to newer stuff would be a big improvement too imo, along with getting rid of the magic wings. I'd like to see the high fantasy magic tech aspect of the sacrosanct merged with more gritty and realistic (?) Thunderstrike stormcast and I think that could work for an updated prime. Maybe have him not riding but accompanied by a chosen son of dracothion, see teclis and celennar but executed better.

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Jokes aside, I think a different pose, a more convincing floating effect and not being an old Fatcast model would help a lot.

Imo the hurricane is what makes him look dope. I have no clue if it is lore accurate or not, but I like it.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

The Celestant-prime imho is a lot nicer than say Yndrasta and I definitely don’t want to see angel wings on SCE, that’s the part of her I dislike the most.

Having a celestial vortex around him is cool, but I agree I’d have liked the pose to be pronounced like his artwork which looks epic. 

I doubt he’ll get a do-over, and rather another of Sigmar’s champions from another realm will be released instead.

Does anyone have any thought as to who is behind the mask? I assume it’s either Valten or Karl Franz, leaning toward the former.

It is suppose to be Karl Franz, but I don't think it has been confirmed 100%.

EDIT: This Reddit post summarise really well everythnig: 

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

fyreslayers as the worst army(ironjawz is a faction inside of big wag that is top) but gw wont buff them for sure as happened before with excuses,fyreslayers are bad  but we gonna wait to see how the new unit(useless) and new dawnbringer rules(useless also) gonna help them.

then next metawatch again show them at botton,but now again zero buffs because a new edition is coming,lets wait to see before make changes etc etc

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The CP is plastic not finecast. 

40 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

i cant remember where,but i remember years ago that some book gave big hints that celestant prime is karl franz.

ionus cryptborn isnt manmfred,in this article of the wytch hunters said that ionus last life was one of those wytch hunters

this says: Ionus Cryptborn was once a ven Denst in a former life. This is a family of movers and shakers

Edited by Doko
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doko said:

i cant remember where,but i remember years ago that some book gave big hints that celestant prime is karl franz.

Pretty sure that it was from same source that said that Malerion was fused with his Dragon, Felix was a SCE and Gotrek can embark on Kharadron Skyvessels.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doko said:

fyreslayers as the worst army(ironjawz is a faction inside of big wag that is top) but gw wont buff them for sure as happened before with excuses,fyreslayers are bad  but we gonna wait to see how the new unit(useless) and new dawnbringer rules(useless also) gonna help them.

then next metawatch again show them at botton,but now again zero buffs because a new edition is coming,lets wait to see before make changes etc etc

And they only got points Up... in a season that you need mobility and Magic. Idk whats the logic behind that

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flippy said:

I don't like him (to say the least), but to be fair it's not entirely his fault - the whole early Stormcast line should be forgotten ASAP. As for his release date... he is worse then many WHFB End Times models and after him we quickly get stuff based on similar concept that makes him look like some design mistake. 

Put the Fear of Death into Your Opponents With the Stronger ...

Eidolon of Mathlann – Aspect of the Storm | Games Workshop Webstore

w0URfF3VWFzwsxwE.jpg

I used the void dragon for my prime. I definitely think the official model needs to be a bit more Thor Ragnarok

20230423_174724.jpg

• Like 21
  • LOVE IT! 20