The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Because luxury tech is different than a tabletop game that lots of people have invested time and money into? This really shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

You really need to re-evaluate your perception. Think of it like of vinyl. What used to be a mass market of wafer thin singles in tissue paper sleeves for pence, became now a market of 180g albums for £27 a pop, £45 if double. 

Only because GW used to sell pocket money priced blister pack to kids on their way from schoold, doesn't mean they still have the same customer in mind. For your own sake, please, do move on with the times.

EOT from me, pinkie promise this time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Battleforce discount calculations: (Prices assumed for a ~35% discount as that is about the average we got last year)

Seraphon:

1x Slann Starmaster - £52.50 - 67,5€ - $85
1x Saurus Warriors - £37.50 - 50€ - $60
1x Kroxigors - £37.50 - 50€ - $60
1x Aggradon Lancers - £37.50 - 50€ - $60
1x Hunters of Huanchi - £37.50 - 50€ - $60

Total: £202.50 - 267,5€ - $325 -> Assumed prices: £130 - 170€ - $210

Ossiarch Bonereapers:

1x Arch-Kavalos Zandtos - £35 - 45€ - $60
1x Mortek Guard - £37.50 - 50€ - $60
1x Gothizzar Harvester - £35 - 45€ - $60
1x Kavalos Deathriders - £37.50 - 50€ - $60
2x Morghast Archai - £85 - 110€ - $140

Total: £230 - 300€ - $380 -> Assumed prices: £150 - 195€ - $250

Slaves to Darkness:

1x Eternus, Blade of The First Prince - £37.5 - 50€ - $60
1x Ogroid Theridons - £40 - 55€ - $65
1x Chaos Knights - £40 - 55€ - $65
1x Chaos Chosen - £37.50 - 50€ - $60
1x Chaos Warriors - £37.50 - 50€ - $60

Total: £192,5 - 260€ - $310 -> Assumed prices: £125 - 170€ - $200

Soulblight Gravelords:

1x Vengorian Lord - £42,5 - 55€ - $70
1x Blood Knights - £42,5 - 55€ - $70
1x Deathrattle Skeletons - £37,5 - 50€ - $60
1x Dire Wolves - £35 - 45€ - $60
1x Fell Bats - £35 - 45€ - $60

Total: £192,5 - 250€ - $320 -> Assumed prices: £125 - 165€ - $210

Again the prices are only assumed so the discount is close to 35% as that is the average we got last year. But that is just an average and there were boxes with higher and lower discounts so the actual prices this year will be different. This is just an estimate

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

49 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

To which (and this is also my last entry in this discussion) my reply would be: there's nothing here that complaining is ever going to accomplish. And the only way to 'not accept it' would have to be to just not buy their products. A decision we are all capable of making, and yet we are, where we are.

Tbf, not buying their (or these specific) products AND then complaining "publicly" (as public as a forum populated by other hobbyists is) about it is potentially/infinitesimally more effective than just not buying them in perfect silence, and it costs very little, so it's an efficient strategy just as for GW to keep increasing their prices as long as theresult is more money for them. If their behaviour is justified by them "just behaving as a company", people complaining is them "just behaving as dissatisfied customers".

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Why don't you go and have the same argument with Apple about the pricing of their phones and laptops? Or with Leica about their cameras? Or Bang & Olufsen about their audio equipment?

Well, people make this argument here because we're talking about AoS/Warhammer/GW products. Maybe they also complain about these other companies, or maybe they don't because it's not their hobby of choice or the way in which they connect with their local community and so on.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 6

Honestly, besides more Mortek Guard, there’s really nothing in that battleforce I’m actually unhappy to see! Granted that’s as much most things in the OBR being rather well balanced as anything else, but assuming you don’t have 40 Mortek Guard as-is, I can safely recommend this box to anyone interested in playing Bonereapers

47 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The weird thing about all this is that I don't think the Blacktalons are remotely out of line with GW's current pricing. A single Stormcast hero on foot costs £22.50 these days so you are getting 5 heroes for the price of two. They also all have sculpted bases which is a plus for me though I know some people might disagree. 

If it a choice between these guys or a couple of the current Stormcast heroes, I'm choosing the Backtalons every time. 

I mean, if you take the incredibly overpriced single foot heroes as a baseline, everything else is cheap. I don't see where are the 5 heroes in blacktalons. Which hero on a 40mm base has a 2h hammer? which one (on a 40mm) has a crossbow? which one has a sword and axe? So 2 heroes at best even by that logic. And if the answer is: who cares about wysiwyg just use them as other stormcast heroes, well then why is the box of Soulsworn Questors less expensive since it gives you 6 "heroes"? (also, said soulsworn questors are new minis and they have 2 heroes as well: a castellant and a knight relictor, and still cost 45€).

Again, I'd say that the honest explanation is: GW believes that the link with the series and with one of the very few developed AoS characters means people will buy this box at 60€.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 3

I was debating on the ionus box waiting to see the battleforce boxes

Boxes look okay chaos and ossiarch ones stand out for me will likely pick up these two.

If the seraphon had kroak and possibly 20 skinks instead of the Hunters be an instabuy for me. Seems like eBay will be flooded otherwise.

Soulblight I would have preferred a mortach would deffo make it an instabuy or some sort of other hq unit have the box from last year so suppose it could be bult as the named character. 

seem like solid boxes if you need the units.

assuming price will be between £130-140

Now I feel better to buy me some dragonses precious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kempak said:

If the seraphon had kroak and possibly 20 skinks instead of the Hunters be an instabuy for me. Seems like eBay will be flooded otherwise.

Can't you do a simple conversion to turn the huanchi hunters into 10 skinks and 3 terradons? (without riders but who cares?) 

Edited by Vagard

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I realized that the Intact Azyrite Building seen in the General's handbook and various books including Cities of Sigmar Battletome and promo shots isn't announced alongside the current CoS wave... 

PANIC 

Yeah. It's in so many pictures and they even use it in the realms of ruin game. Surely it's going be sold at some point?!!?

23 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

I didn’t count the € value in 40 k battle forces but just glancing at them they seems to be superior to Aos. 

If you just go by € value its actually pretty close. Average for AoS over the 4 boxes is 269,37€ and for 40k its 279,92€ over their 6 boxes

34 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah. Maybe it goes with the last Dawnbringer book, when one tail of the crusade succeed in founding a new settlement, hence the Intact Buildings ?

Was just about to reply this as well!!

Makes a lot of sense narratively and some of the kits will probably be bundled into the 4.0 launch Edition set.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madmac said:

The seraphon box would be absolutely perfect if I hadn't already bought the Slaan, unfortunately the armybox was a thing

yes, my fears were true and this battleforce is absolute worst one possible.

armybox always have HUGE discounts, much more than battleforces.

and armybox is avaliable in lot in stores so... who will buy this battleforce??

new players will get armybox while avaliabe since it will have higher disscount and tome with cards etc,

old players allready got the box

so?? they could have put literally any unit in box and it would have been far better.

not counting it has 2/3 units of the vanguard box....

and 2 units of the recent armybox...

i dont know what is gw sniffing to make this absurded battleforce. including a big model that absolutly noone will want more than 1, that was inside the armybox released some months prior.

im soooo annoyed right now. so sorry for my language

Edited by Kitsumy
Tweaked for swearing
  • Like 1

Just a note about some of the grumpy mess around the boxes and what’s in them and wot not - these are basically starter sets for new armies and players. If it has stuff in you don’t like, don’t get it. If it is good value but has one or two models you won’t use but still good value, well you can always eBay or swap those models.

• Like 11

people criying about the content of the battleforce when one faction in entire 8 years of aos NEVER have got a battleforce.

yes i am speaking about fyreslayers the forgotten faction of gw with only two non heroes boxes,0 battleforces in 8 years etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I think someone said we'd know Belthanos base size "tomorrow" but they may have just meant his price. Any ideas?

£95 for the box set and yes I'd expect the warscroll to be shown off tomorrow with base size and points. 

• Like 2