The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Indeed. I feel 8 years is far too long to be teasing a character. Still, I got Kroak and Be’Lakor (and Angron!) so I know I’m being a spoilt little hobbyist.

But not to detract - why is my quote in French now. 🇫🇷

GW's marketing for bretonnia is getting out of hand

• Haha 18

37 minutes ago, Kronos said:

En effet. Je pense que 8 ans, c'est beaucoup trop long pour taquiner un personnage. Pourtant, j'ai Kroak et Be'Lakor (et Angron !), donc je sais que je suis un petit amateur gâté.

Mais sans vouloir nuire à la situation, pourquoi ma citation est-elle en français maintenant. 🇫🇷

For my part, i'm French 😅🇫🇷

• Thanks 1

So the kurnoth guy is fine I guess. I like him and his callbacks to the Orion model but I don't think the bug adds anything at all to his model. Give him wings if he needs fly?

On that note can anyone tell what size he is? I'll probably proxy my "dreadlord on black dragon" that's a converted wood elf on zombie forest dragon alongside all my other wood elves turned sylvaneth I suppose. 

28 minutes ago, Lich King said:

Any rumors or leaks of classic Ogres refresh ? They just released Gorgers and have been releasing single characters / units for some time. 

I'm guessing basic ogors are kinda low priority right now (like vehibg yetees and butchers). 

Even if a little old and rigid, changing them comes with a rather big problem : they are the base frame for all the army. Changing them means changing every thing, because the Igor you find on the stonehorn, big Canon an big cat is the basic one repositioned the fit in new kits. And that's before even talking about the fact that their body serves for literally three differents kits.

Added to the fact that they are probably and safely not on of GW favorite army, I really don't see basic ogors redone before man eaters, yetees, butchers and new kits. 

I mean, we kept night gobbos as a mainstay, and they are older and probably more popular than ogors. That said, imho, both night gobbos and ogors are still nice and rather moderns minis, and still hold well to this day :)

Edited by Swamp Trogg

15 minutes ago, Fellman said:

when do people think the 3 book come will com

image.png

If we are having another preview in mid-November, I guess they will want to release everything shown before then. We have Epic, KT, 2 40k books, the remaining CoS miniatures and Dawnbringers III, so I guess that it will be announced in 3-4 Sundays. IMHO, epic, KT, one 40k Codex and Cities will take preference.

1 minute ago, Thaliontil said:

If we are having another preview in mid-November, I guess they will want to release everything shown before then. We have Epic, KT, 2 40k books, the remaining CoS miniatures and Dawnbringers III, so I guess that it will be announced in 3-4 Sundays. IMHO, epic, KT, one 40k Codex and Cities will take preference.

Bear in mind that the 40k stuff, they said had more coming and I think that will be shown in the later preview. But yes think all AOS stuff will be soon with Kill Team. 

Not sure about Epic as may be a quick release for Christmas but depends on how much they had to reprint. Personally I think it will be next year as focus will be on AOS Dawnbringer and 40k/Kill Team. That’s about 8 weeks until December which means we get the Christmas boxed sets, so I’m not expecting it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not sure about Epic as may be a quick release for Christmas but depends on how much they had to reprint. Personally I think it will be next year as focus will be on AOS Dawnbringer and 40k/Kill Team. That’s about 8 weeks until December which means we get the Christmas boxed sets, so I’m not expecting it.

Rumours have been saying Epic took over The Old Worlds november slot with that moved back to early next year and as that was confirmed in the stream I would expect epic in the next weeks. 

Personally I think Cities will be next maybe together with the Dawnbringers 3 stuff and Epic in the week after that 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

my best guess is 

Guess list q4

21 October warcry
28 October heresy mark iii
4 November necromunda 
11 November cities of Sigmar 
18 November kill team scouts/scorpions 
25 November ad mech and Necron codex 
2 December dawnbringers 3?
9 December epic imperialis 
16 December xmas stuff

There's more necron stuff to be shown off so earliest release won't be until after November and probably not until next year. The Christmas boxes usaully go on sale in November as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

my best guess is 

Guess list q4

21 October warcry
4 November necromunda 
16 December xmas stuff

Dawnbringers book 3 will almost certainly occupy a slot with Kill Team, Epic Imperialis is supposed to be a November release now, and Ad Mech/Necrons are a winter release according to the road map so won't release until December at the earliest.

Plus Winter has a fairly packed release window too. In addition to the Ad Mech and Necron releases we've also got, according to the roadmap:

FEC and Dawnbringers book 4 for AoS

2 Warcry warbands (Order and Death)

1 Underworlds warband (Destruction) and a rivals deck

Heresy plastic Assault Squads + a new plastic army

Part 2 of this new Kill team season

TOW launch

Plus all the Christmas releases and breaks in the release schedule the holiday brings

2 hours ago, GrimDork said:

Surely, GW must be bringing out a plastic butcher soon!!

If gorgers & butchers is themed army for dawnbringers 3, I will be gobsmacked if they don't release a dawnbringers style "Roving Maw" box with a new butcher and the gorgers kit (or possibly gutbusters?).

I’m pretty sure we’d have seen that in this preview alongside the Stormcast and Sylvaneth ones if it was a thing. Plus the photo they showed of the Mawpit thing had the old butcher on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

my best guess is 

Guess list q4

21 October warcry
4 November necromunda 
16 December xmas stuff

Epic is "dated" for November, and we have content for at least 2 weeks.

You forget the Battleforces that are launched on November too.

You need to squish the calendar a bit more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swamp Trogg said:

I'm guessing basic ogors are kinda low priority right now (like vehibg yetees and butchers). 

Even if a little old and rigid, changing them comes with a rather big problem : they are the base frame for all the army. Changing them means changing every thing, because the Igor you find on the stonehorn, big Canon an big cat is the basic one repositioned the fit in new kits. And that's before even talking about the fact that their body serves for literally three differents kits.

Added to the fact that they are probably and safely not on of GW favorite army, I really don't see basic ogors redone before man eaters, yetees, butchers and new kits. 

I mean, we kept night gobbos as a mainstay, and they are older and probably more popular than ogors. That said, imho, both night gobbos and ogors are still nice and rather moderns minis, and still hold well to this day :)

The fact they are a base frame for the army is holding them back in my opinion. I love Ogors. What I dont love is their minis dont represent them well.

Probably the worst Lore to Mini representation there is when it comes to the troops.

Theyre all rank and file with their arms tucked in. 20+ year old sculpts from WHFB.

The scale is all off with a Fyreslayer standing near enough a Gluttons shoulder when it should be at its knees at best. The Warhulk is the most true scale we have seen so far I love its size.

The Ogor troop needs updating with correct scale and size proportions and dynamic posing.

31 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I’m pretty sure we’d have seen that in this preview alongside the Stormcast and Sylvaneth ones if it was a thing. Plus the photo they showed of the Mawpit thing had the old butcher on it. 

I was a little deflated when I saw that. Theyre probably images from DB III so Im assuming the Butcher wont be updated till 4.0.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Neither did Bragitt.

EDIT: Well, actually, none of the initial Harbingers.

Braggit does have bat squigs, Harbinger of Decay has a horse. But yeah, agreed that they could've used some more beast focus. FEC harbinger had nothing beastly

• Like 1