The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Sarges said:

Ghouls update is here!

https://reddit.com/r/FleshEaterCourts/s/m2jHmIe3hq

>Small update! G H O U L S

Due to work and other stuff havent been able to fully build the ghouls, but ive made some progress, not much options regarding chest or feet, only two ghouls have different back pieces, four of them are actually female ghouls and the rest male. so far ive glued the chests and feet together as shown here, also another close up of all the heads together, ill be uploading some of them built tomorrow hopefully along with size comparison.

weapon option wise, it seems to be like theres going to be a halberd only option(theres 10 0f them) or just sword and claws/ or a torch(only two toches as well as a drum and banner)

RDT_20231001_1011458869548584835409318.jpg

RDT_20231001_1011494456732453371482154.jpg

At this point its possible that GW will show them off tomorrow. When it was just the sprue you could still argue that it is better for GW to stay quiet but now they would probably want the new models to be shown off in the best way possible so a WarCom article

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

They look more men-to-arms than serfs to me. I hope It is a new unit

Yeah, these are good sculpts but I actually quite like the basic, animalistic, almost running-on-all-fours ghouls. They look fast and most FEC players have a million of them, so I hope they stay as a distinct unit, with these guys as a new semi-elite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarges said:

This is definitely the new Crypt Ghouls kit imo. The faces looks so good ! They genuinly look like a bunch of deranged lunatics now, not like budget Gollums.

1 hour ago, Sarges said:

Due to work and other stuff havent been able to fully build the ghouls, but ive made some progress, not much options regarding chest or feet, only two ghouls have different back pieces, four of them are actually female ghouls and the rest male.

It's great that ghouls are mixed now, but won't parents be shocked when their kids buy FEC ghouls and now they are exposed to a bunch of bare ghoul ****** ? I thought GW had dialed back on nudity, I mean, Khorne dudes and CSM holding severed heads are fine, so are Nurgle guys with their intestines out, but a tiddy ? God bless !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarges said:

Ghouls update is here!

Due to work and other stuff havent been able to fully build the ghouls, but ive made some progress, not much options regarding chest or feet, only two ghouls have different back pieces, four of them are actually female ghouls and the rest male. so far ive glued the chests and feet together as shown here, also another close up of all the heads together, ill be uploading some of them built tomorrow hopefully along with size comparison.

weapon option wise, it seems to be like theres going to be a halberd only option(theres 10 0f them) or just sword and claws/ or a torch(only two toches as well as a drum and banner)

STOP IT GW I CANT KEEP STARTING NEW FACTIONS THESE LOOK SOOOO GOOD!! FEMALE FEC SCULPTS!!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It's great that ghouls are mixed now, but won't parents be shocked when their kids buy FEC ghouls and now they are exposed to a bunch of bare ghoul ****** ?

Oh no, humans have anatomy! Children will be traumatized (not). XD

srsly though: Not even nipples so technically not nude. :D

I like the new ghouls (loincloths, yeah!) 

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Sarges said:

Ghouls update is here!

Niceee! Thanks for posting them here ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah, these are good sculpts but I actually quite like the basic, animalistic, almost running-on-all-fours ghouls. They look fast and most FEC players have a million of them, so I hope they stay as a distinct unit, with these guys as a new semi-elite.

Current ghouls are the oldest of the FEC range. For me it is a clear replacement.

• Like 8

I think looking at the Grymwatch and comparing them to these, I'd agree these will probably be a direct replacement. The new models seem a bit top-heavier, but their clothing (or lack thereof) doesn't look different enough to be a more elite unit.

gLjl272nmRpstBcG.png

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

The current basic ghouls do hold up reasonably okay but I think I do lean towards hoping that the leaked sprue is a replacement. I've just recently built and nearly finished painting 10 of the current ghouls and the mold lines are pretty numerous as well as there being some mold slippage in places (I think that's what it's called?).

It would be great for the basic unit of the army to not require some extra clean up before you can paint them.  

Edited by SilentSentinel
  • Like 4

I think that sprue is for the Crypt Ghouls.

When a faction get a big refresh, the first units to be updated are regular battlelines: Slaves to Darkness (Chaos Warriors), Soulblight (Zombies/Skeletons), Seraphon (Saurus), Cities (Steelhelms), and Ironjawz (Ardboyz).

Why? Well, battlelines are the core of armies and if you want to start a new one or expand it, you need to buy some of them. So, it's very profitable.

This is a good hint that FeC will have a considerable amount of kits indeed.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

I actually like the Crypt Ghouls a lot! And I'll be honest, I'm really hoping for a refreshed Fyreslayer range, INCLUDING the Vulkite Berserkers, but I doubt that will happen since we just got the new Vanguard Set. Unless they were desperate to offload Vulkites. But they are a pretty dated kit, back from the End Times in WHFB. 

On 9/29/2023 at 11:11 AM, Ganigumo said:

I think spiderfang are probably safe, its just bonesplitterz that are on the chopping block imo

Kruleboyz are AoS-ified Greenskinz. They are to Greenskinz what lumineth are to high elves. They're even pretty close to greenskinz in army composition, despite what their narrative might suggest they fight like.
They could definitely work some more grots into the line though, they're all over the place as helpers and companions but hobgrots kind of took their place as a unit option.

My post got a whitefang certified confused react.

Maybe if I didn't ramble so much we could figure out what it meant 😅

Hopefully it doesn't mean spiders get the axe!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

I think that sprue is for the Crypt Ghouls.

When a faction get a big refresh, the first units to be updated are regular battlelines: Slaves to Darkness (Chaos Warriors), Soulblight (Zombies/Skeletons), Seraphon (Saurus), Cities (Steelhelms), and Ironjawz (Ardboyz).

Why? Well, battlelines are the core of armies and if you want to start a new one or expand it, you need to buy some of them. So, it's very profitable.

This is a good hint that FeC will have a considerable amount of kits indeed.

Seraphon has two regular battlelines (Skinks).

Slaves has two regular battlelines on his first battletome (Marauders)

Meanwhile, we have armies with only one regular battleline that it still not updated:

Gloomspite regular battleline was not updated.

Sylvaneth dryads were not updated.

GW prefer to have múltiple regular battlelines and that's the point that makes me to think that this kit is a new unit

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Seraphon has two regular battlelines (Skinks).

Slaves has two regular battlelines on his first battletome (Marauders)

Meanwhile, we have armies with only one regular battleline that it still not updated:

Gloomspite regular battleline was not updated.

Sylvaneth dryads were not updated.

GW prefer to have múltiple regular battlelines and that's the point that makes me to think that this kit is a new unit

Exactly, that's why I say that only armies with a big refresh get a uptade in its main battlelines, in this case FeC has only one. I emphasize "MAIN", because GW tends to let other battlelines without a proper update, likes the exambles as you say, for next editions.

Meanwhile, Gloomspite and Sylvaneth have never had a big refresh, just "little" ones since they were released.

EDIT:

There are more signs this sprue looks like Crypt Ghouls for me:

- Unit of 10 dudes with a lot of heads and weapons options, so it's a spammeable unit.

- They ressemble the old Ghouls nearly 1:1 but "aosified". Just compare them with the transition of old zombies/skeletons to the new ones.

But hey, if they are a new unit at least, it got better and better.

Edited by Trugg the Troggoth King
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Underworlds: Deathgorge, Underworlds: Starter Set and ALL the announced Warcry stuff next week. Kruleboyz Monsta-killaz and Vulkyn Flameseekers confirmed for standalone, if there was any lingering doubt about that.

Two seasons worth of out-of-rotation warbands are getting standalone releases as well.

Hardback of Realmslayer too.

wS7O4euqoyxk6TW8.jpg

Two-week pre-order on everything, so rip the supply chain.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Underworlds: Deathgorge and ALL the announced Warcry stuff next week. Kruleboyz Monsta-killaz and Vulkyn Flameseekers confirmed for standalone, if there was any lingering doubt about that.

Two seasons worth of out-of-rotation warbands are getting standalone releases as well.

Hardback of Realmslayer too.

wS7O4euqoyxk6TW8.jpg

That's a lot of stuff for one week. It certainly frees up some space in the schedule. It also confirms something that Rob over on the honest Wargamer said a while ago. GW's supply chain is pretty messed up right now so the two week pre-orders are going to continue for a while, probably til at least the end of the year. 

• Like 2