The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I GO ON HOLIDAY AND DONT CHECK THE FORUMS FOR 1 DAY AND THEY DROP A FYRESLAYERS WARBAND ON US!?

THEY ARE THE BEST SCULPTS IN THE ENTIRE FACTION THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL MY HEART IS SWELLING FOR FS AND DUARDIN FANS TONIGHT!!

KYNDLEDROTHS AND FEMALE SLAYERS!! WAAAAAAAGH!!

Petition for the forum to provide @KingBrodd with unlimited holidays so GW can announce new Fyreslayers (or other AoS related content) every day, since those two events seem to be corelated. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

FYRESLAYERS FOR WARCRY! YES! YES! YES! MINI-DROTHS! FEMALE FYRESLAYERS!

7dbwhnMZdwaSW9Vo.jpg

q6dMIq4KngHBJsyG.jpg

F5vyG4wWMAAoUsK?format=jpg&name=large

8djUvZZkHwdmpW8g.jpg

As someone who's very critical of the Fyreslayers -these are amazing ! They totally knocked them out of the park once again with the quality of the sculpts. Even though its such a small group I think it suggests a wider, broader culture. I love the female dwarfs, the kilts, the weapon design [the spears are awesome and very dwarf!] and the mini magmadroth [they need packs of these !] and the model with the magmadroth mask/cape.

Just have to persuade my girlfriend I need these.. 

• Like 3

Dwarves were never my thing, but when I saw these I just had to pop into TGA to see all the positive reactions. And rightfully so - this band looks absolutely incredible and I love the story surrounding them. I really love the varied silhouettes and different personalities on display warbands like the Kruleboyz, Flesh-Eaters, and this one. Wouldn't mind seeing an entire of dwarves of this caliber!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

(Stolen meme)

FB_IMG_1694464125053.jpg

Warcry bands have a reasonably good rate of playability. The true meme might be the pain of removing adorable pets. I fear running the new cities warband because you often will want to pull doggos first.

I think a lot of the non chaos warbands are actually pretty playable, and some of the chaos ones are really good, there are just so many that having them all be good is a pipe dream. Thinking about it the only whiff I can think of outside of slaves to darkness is the Tzeench one, which has such strong competition from horrors (for durability) and kairics for cheap battle line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Worst case scenario you just use the spicy pup as a Runefather proxy. 

Nibbles-Grimnir is amongst the most renowned of all Runefathers.  When his voice yips across the battlefield Megabosses, Chaos Lords, and perrrrrrrfidious aelven brigands alike fall to the ground, hearts stopped by terror.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rachmani said:

AoS Design team is on a roll... how great are those stunties??

Not sure if it is the same design team but Warcry is pretty much always the best sculpts at GW since launch. A quick overview of just a few favourites:
qvpZgZXnrOsSGBz-800x450-noPad.jpg?158221
Corvus-Cabal-Spread.jpg
khainite-Shadowstalkers.jpg
pjog5glcpclb1.png
Even the ones that are not my favourites are amazingly sculpted and posed but are just not my favourite design concepts.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

(Stolen meme)

FB_IMG_1694464125053.jpg

This and the idea that GW could do 3-4 new units for FS from that warband (female FS with shovelspears, Tamer with littledroths, new runefather type of hero, 3 man elite unit of scalecrackers) instead putting all of this concepts in one unit is saddens me the most. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Not sure if it is the same design team but Warcry is pretty much always the best sculpts at GW since launch. A quick overview of just a few favourites:
qvpZgZXnrOsSGBz-800x450-noPad.jpg?158221
Corvus-Cabal-Spread.jpg
khainite-Shadowstalkers.jpg
pjog5glcpclb1.png
Even the ones that are not my favourites are amazingly sculpted and posed but are just not my favourite design concepts.

True, they are really pushing the envelope with some.

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Honestly, my biggest hope is that GW redesigns fyreslayers infantry to look like these. They are finally doing justice to the art. 

I hope they don't. These look amazing, but the old sculpts certainly aren't bad either. They can add more infantry in this style, but what FS really need is MORE rather than reworking an already small range.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Kempak said:

Whats happening with the old black orks returning to old world or still be viable just loadouts look rather different.

I think it’s a brand new Warscroll for Ardboyz so technically you wouldn’t be able to use the old models. Looks like GW are phasing out some old models in readiness to resell for The Old World. Really curious what this means for Skaven. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cofaxest said:

This and the idea that GW could do 3-4 new units for FS from that warband (female FS with shovelspears, Tamer with littledroths, new runefather type of hero, 3 man elite unit of scalecrackers) instead putting all of this concepts in one unit is saddens me the most. 

Having seen the newer Orruks and (leaked) FEC sprues there’s a very good chance that this warband is being used as a test-bed of sorts, and that we will see close analogies show up as full units in AOS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I hope they don't. These look amazing, but the old sculpts certainly aren't bad either. They can add more infantry in this style, but what FS really need is MORE rather than reworking an already small range.

Oh man, I'm sorry I have to disagree. They're terrible! The worst thing is that they are actually bald - the mohawk is actually a helmet crest. What's more the hair is gigantic, and perfectly pointed - no single strand of hair awry. The helmet itself is basically just a motorcycle crash helmet.

The poses are largely inorganic. And the loincloth makes you feel like you're painting babies in their nappies.

I've built, painted and then sold two complete fyreslayer armies over the past few years. The models are just horrendous. In the end, I 3d printed some old world-looking slayers and have just been using them as proxies.

These new ones are fantastic. The beards and hair are luxurious, rather than being poorly sculpted and wirey. The helmets are fantastic, the poses are all natural and - best of all - the models show very little upper thigh.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Oh man, I'm sorry I have to disagree. They're terrible! The worst thing is that they are actually bald - the mohawk is actually a helmet crest. What's more the hair is gigantic, and perfectly pointed - no single strand of hair awry. The helmet itself is basically just a motorcycle crash helmet.

The poses are largely inorganic. And the loincloth makes you feel like you're painting babies in their nappies.

I've built, painted and then sold two complete fyreslayer armies over the past few years. The models are just horrendous. In the end, I 3d printed some old world-looking slayers and have just been using them as proxies.

These new ones are fantastic. The beards and hair are luxurious, rather than being poorly sculpted and wirey. The helmets are fantastic, the poses are all natural and - best of all - the models show very little upper thigh.

Hard disagree then. There are a couple of lesser models in there, but nothing that's actually bad. The old world slayers are incredibly ugly though, and I'm so glad we're not in that aesthetic anymore.

I like the way FS looked before, I like the way they look now. Redoing perfectly fine infantry in an army with only 2 infantry kits, (especially when hideous infantry like Dryads have not been redone in their update) won't fix anything with the army.

FS drew me into AoS when WFB did an excellent job of driving me away.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

The old world slayers are incredibly ugly though, and I'm so glad we're not in that aesthetic anymore.

Tbh I found these slayer sculpts by Highland Miniatures to be much nicer. No crash helmet, no upper thigh, no gigantic hair that looks like it's carved out of wood.

But everyone has different taste. 

20221220_102656.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Redoing perfectly fine infantry in an army with only 2 infantry kits, (especially when hideous infantry like Dryads have not been redone in their update) won't fix anything with the army.

The current FS kist are here to stay imo, for better or worse depending on who you ask. Imo they have paid the price for being the crash tests of GW's new mini sculpting software, but it's not as bad as what the Internet says when you look at FS models irl. They still feel like Dwarfs when you look at em - they're short, squat and bulky with beards, they're easy to paint with large smooth surfaces and drybrushable beards. Only grief I have with the minis is they're a bit hunched.

Imo what brings FS down is the minis are good, but not excellent, and the official colour scheme being bad imo. Idk why they went with Vostarg as the posterboys while the new minis show Lofnyr is so much better aesthetically.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Tbh I found these slayer sculpts by Highland Miniatures to be much nicer. No crash helmet, no upper thigh, no gigantic hair that looks like it's carved out of wood.

But everyone has different taste. 

20221220_102656.jpg

Yeah, I really dislike the highland miniatures slayers, even though they are clearly better than the WFB slayers for sure. I find them too basic and boring. Nothing about them is interesting enough to feel like 'now THAT'S what I want to play'.

They're just basic dwarf minis, like the disposessed. And that's fine if you like them, but they're also nothing special or particularly interesting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think it’s a brand new Warscroll for Ardboyz so technically you wouldn’t be able to use the old models. Looks like GW are phasing out some old models in readiness to resell for The Old World. Really curious what this means for Skaven. 

If the idea is to just place on the Old World Store the active supported armies, problably old skaven units that get replaced (at some point they should be!) in a rework will just get shelved until Skaven are considered active supported. Maybe could get some made to order stuff, but I don't think they could get more than that.

From the "core factions" list, I believe the only ones that haven't been featured on any photo are Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen.