The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

We have 8 weekends left of summer releases, assuming everything shown yesterday (wihh the exception of the TOW) will be released in that timeframe along side the 40k box sets the summer schedule seems full

Next weekend Harbingers and GHB

Skaven Underworlds 

Kruleboyz Warcry

HH plastic knights

Epic

Cities launch box

A couple of weeks of 40k stuff like starter box sets, the Lion on his own etc. 

Guessing tonights announcement ill be 40k related as we had AoS last week. 

They usually reduce the quantity of content during July-August. We have enough content until October and I can make a small list with that.

July - Two holidays weeks with very low content like Mail to Orders and Blood Bowl star players. The Horus Heresy Knight and the Underworlds Skaven or the Warcry Starter would be good releases for the rest of the month.

August - One or two weeks with very low content. They have a lot of kits allowed only on big boxes to sell like the Agastus boxset, Arks of Omen characters, Warcry and Kill Team warbands and, of course Epic. 

September - 40k month. Space Marines, Tyranids and starter sets. (They are gonna show the new models on two weeks, and It is gonna be BIG), and of course the Cities armybox.

I want to say something about the Cities box. They are not gonna sell It before the Nova Open, It is impossible because the Battletome would reveal kits that they don't show yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wraith said:

Regarding epic taking up so much air time, it looks to be the next big launch, maybe for the Xmas period? So where does this leave the Old World launch? Must be 2025, since next year is AoS 4.0. 

Epic is august. I literally have no guesses for TOW launching. It feels like they’re showing too much for it to be 2025, but not much at all if it’s soon, and TOW and AoS 4 seem weird to be the same year. 

IMG_7871.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Guessing tonights announcement ill be 40k related as we had AoS last week. 

Hmm... we know it won't be new Space Marine or Tyranid stuff since they are waiting until the end of the Battle of Ogham to reveal any of that (so also not they're codexes, since those would contain spoilers). I have a feeling it will be a fairly minor releases week as a result.

My guess would be the new 10th edition starter sets. Other minor releases they could do would be The Lion by himself, and the Necron Combat Patrol containing a bunch of stuff from the preview starter sets/Indomitus.

I guess they could releases the Skaven Underworlds warband. It wouldn't be the first time they've done a review then released the minis straight away. They won't release the Kruleboyz since we haven't seen they're opponent in the box (or will they be standalone?)

Entry I.VII.MMXXIII

It is with sadness that I pen yet another entry into the Dammaz Kron for the wazzoks yet again have done nothing for the duardin..... 

+

I know this is a salty personal opinion and I apologise but every non-40k preview I live in hope that they'll reveal some new units for fyreslayers or kharadron, or reveal Grungni and the return of the Dispossessed. I'm almost considering getting a Votann army just to get something else dwarven-adjacent at this point and that despite not yet heing thrilled by 10th.

This is also what makes me leery about just trashing the older sculpts in CoS - they're the last bastion of traditional duardin with at least some variety in units. Maybe they think all dwarf fans are WHFB fans? I don't know....

Well - at least the CoS human units are quite cool for those who will collect them! Manticore especially.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

The Old World once again is a joke. A single mini. Resin in fact. I don't get why would anyone in 2023 choose TOW over AoS. I'm talking new wargaming players. How are they going to advertise it? "Come buy our 20y old sculpts which sales were discontinued for more than a decade! We have ONE new mini for you!". Everything TOW does, CoS seem to do better.

I couldnt agree more. We know GW is going to charge modern prices for sculpts that are 20 years old. New minis that look ok, but not upto todays AOS standards, in resin for yep, modern prices.

I try to be positive about the hobby most of the time but TOW to me just screams a cash grab. 

I equate it to videogames. That game you loved from your childhood is coming back, but wait its not a remaster made to look like a modern game, its a remake it looks almost the exact same with a few bells and whistles but will cost the same as a game released today.

• Like 5

Duardin are interesting. On the one hand, you have the first AoS Faction being Duardin, with the Fyreslayers. A full sky-pirate mech Dwarf range in the Kharadon and a selection of decent looking Dispossessed in Cities. Both the Fyreslayers and Kharadon could really do with 1/2 new unit kits each. The Dispossessed still look pretty solid. Should Aos spin the Dispossessed off into their own faction? Keeping the general aesthetic of the range and adding some new kits to give 3 fully fleshed-out Duardin Factions. Fyreslayers/Kharadon/Dispossessed? Or do you move those dwarf kits under ToW banner, and keep the Dispossessed kits as available Cities options without model support? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

They usually reduce the quantity of content during July-August. We have enough content until October and I can make a small list with that.

July - Two holidays weeks with very low content like Mail to Orders and Blood Bowl star players. The Horus Heresy Knight and the Underworlds Skaven or the Warcry Starter would be good releases for the rest of the month.

August - One or two weeks with very low content. They have a lot of kits allowed only on big boxes to sell like the Agastus boxset, Arks of Omen characters, Warcry and Kill Team warbands and, of course Epic. 

September - 40k month. Space Marines, Tyranids and starter sets. (They are gonna show the new models on two weeks, and It is gonna be BIG), and of course the Cities armybox.

I want to say something about the Cities box. They are not gonna sell It before the Nova Open, It is impossible because the Battletome would reveal kits that they don't show yet.

Do they slow down over the summer? If anything, production has increased the past couple of years with stuff beng released even late in December. 

I think everything they showed yesterday, other than TOW and the manicore will be out before Nova with thd launch box going for preorder thd weekend of so they can show of the rest of the line without stuff being spoiled. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

The Old World once again is a joke. A single mini. Resin in fact. I don't get why would anyone in 2023 choose TOW over AoS. I'm talking new wargaming players. How are they going to advertise it? "Come buy our 20y old sculpts which sales were discontinued for more than a decade! We have ONE new mini for you!". Everything TOW does, CoS seem to do better.

Because The Old World is not tailored for new wargaming players. They said so at WHFest... "we don't recommend it being your first wargame". TOW is made for the grognards of WFB, the few 40k veterans who don't like AoS for stupid reasons and want another GW fantasy wargame, and the occasionnal and dedicated TWW/Vermintide player who would like to try tabletop (this case is going to be extremely rare though). And maybe draw some KOW players ; because even 20 y/o GW sculpts look better than modern Mantic ones 😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

Duardin are interesting. On the one hand, you have the first AoS Faction being Duardin, with the Fyreslayers. A full sky-pirate mech Dwarf range in the Kharadon and a selection of decent looking Dispossessed in Cities. Both the Fyreslayers and Kharadon could really do with 1/2 new unit kits each. The Dispossessed still look pretty solid. Should Aos spin the Dispossessed off into their own faction? Keeping the general aesthetic of the range and adding some new kits to give 3 fully fleshed-out Duardin Factions. Fyreslayers/Kharadon/Dispossessed? Or do you move those dwarf kits under ToW banner, and keep the Dispossessed kits as available Cities options without model support? 

I think that GW needs to decide their basic armies for AoS first, and then flesh it out as much as they can. Some AoS armies are already well looking and they don't need a lot of new kits ("need" is a meaningless word for a company but whatever), but that's where the "auxiliary armies" (micro-themed units that can be their own micro-army, think about Troggoth for Gloomspite, vanguards for SCE, Alarith units for Lumineth or old Slayers for Dwarfs) comes to AoS.

Sadly, AoS started really weird. And instead of normal armies, we had some 8-12 kits armies (so called micro-armies), and people invested in them as if their were "normal armies". Black Library and AoS events,  campaigns and AoS background didn't help, and this micro-armies have become part of the the game and the community, not as "auxiliary armies", but part of the whole AoS setting. Just look at GW shop, SCE and KOs share the same hierarchy in the labels for armies.

Imo, that's a mess, and they are losing money because every few months that I don't buy anything from GW, I focus in other games and I will probably complain in this forum too. That's how a part of the community works, not everyone has 10 armies from the same game.

Edited by Beliman
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Because whilst you do not like TOW aesthetics, others do. I prefer Bretonnian men at arms to the City of Sigmar steel helms. I love the old dwarf and elf ranges.

Where there are better equivalent minis in the AoS range, people will use them in ToW (saurus warriors).

Besides, we know that Bretonnians are getting more than one mini.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I think that GW needs to decide their basic armies for AoS first, and then flesh it out as much as they can. 

Agree with this. Age of Sigmar has 24 solid thematic factions. (9 Order, 7 Chaos, 4 Death. 4 Destruction) We are a good year away from the launch of 4th Edition and with Cities and FEC on the horizon, the game will be "complete". By the end of the year. With each Faction sitting on a V3 version of their codex. How do people feel about the release schedule in terms of Battletomes over the last 3 years? I remember a convo before stating that a "hard cap" of 30 factions for Age of Sigmar would be a good spot. Whilst this is possible, I'm not sure if it would be good for the game if there are as many as that. 

I know there are many that will have kittens at the suggestion, but I still think it would be better for the game as a whole if Duardin (Fyreslayers, Kharadon and Dispossessed) - (As well as other Duardin types) were all presented under one Duardin Battletome. With the emphasis on picking one sub-faction but with less effective soup lists possible. I also think the return of Malerion and the introduction of Shadow elves should be presented alongside the Daughters of Khaine under a single Battletome. 

For me, Age of Sigmar should stick with '24 Factions' and look to develop and expand on them. A consolidation of the Duardin under one Battletome and the reunification of Morathi and Malerion under another would allow for the introduction of lots of cool Duardin and Shadow Aelf models without expanding the number of factions. There would even be a free space for something completely new. 24 factions is a good amount IMO (With 3-year edition cycles = 34/36 months) Having 10 months worth of space to allow the edition to breathe and for campaigns etc is important. 

Or you could say ****** it, add new factions every year or so and double up on releases. With how mature many of the ranges are, they could just keep expanding. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Agree with this. Age of Sigmar has 24 solid thematic factions. (9 Order, 7 Chaos, 4 Death. 4 Destruction) We are a good year away from the launch of 4th Edition and with Cities and FEC on the horizon, the game will be "complete". By the end of the year. With each Faction sitting on a V3 version of their codex. How do people feel about the release schedule in terms of Battletomes over the last 3 years? I remember a convo before stating that a "hard cap" of 30 factions for Age of Sigmar would be a good spot. Whilst this is possible, I'm not sure if it would be good for the game if there are as many as that. 

I know there are many that will have kittens at the suggestion, but I still think it would be better for the game as a whole if Duardin (Fyreslayers, Kharadon and Dispossessed) - (As well as other Duardin types) were all presented under one Duardin Battletome. With the emphasis on picking one sub-faction but with less effective soup lists possible. I also think the return of Malerion and the introduction of Shadow elves should be presented alongside the Daughters of Khaine under a single Battletome. 

For me, Age of Sigmar should stick with '24 Factions' and look to develop and expand on them. A consolidation of the Duardin under one Battletome and the reunification of Morathi and Malerion under another would allow for the introduction of lots of cool Duardin and Shadow Aelf models without expanding the number of factions. There would even be a free space for something completely new. 24 factions is a good amount IMO (With 3-year edition cycles = 34/36 months) Having 10 months worth of space to allow the edition to breathe and for campaigns etc is important. 

Or you could say ****** it, add new factions every year or so and double up on releases. With how mature many of the ranges are, they could just keep expanding. 

I just want to see updated models and mayb slink some of the ranges. For example i dont like that looks like city's is going to keep most of the warscrolls. I would prefer to soup some. Same goes for stormcast. To many warscrolls seem to ruin the imbalance of the battletome like a lot. And lots of scrolls never see play or are just space waste. 

When i look at skaven i just want them to have lots of updated models to get them back into the table. And reignite some of the love for them. When al  the old models are updated we can expand some of the races or get a new race into the lineup. 

16 minutes ago, Hollow said:

For me, Age of Sigmar should stick with '24 Factions' and look to develop and expand on them. A consolidation of the Duardin under one Battletome and the reunification of Morathi and Malerion under another would allow for the introduction of lots of cool Duardin and Shadow Aelf models without expanding the number of factions. There would even be a free space for something completely new. 24 factions is an important amount IMO (With 3-year edition cycles = 34/36 months) Having 10 months worth of space to allow the edition to breathe and for campaigns etc 

So not only do you want to remove sets like the General on Griffin, Gyrocopter and Sisters of the thorn, you also want to remove any real chance of Fyreslayers and Kharadron getting new kits by souping them?

Souping does not give things new kits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Do they slow down over the summer? If anything, production has increased the past couple of years with stuff beng released even late in December. 

I think everything they showed yesterday, other than TOW and the manicore will be out before Nova with thd launch box going for preorder thd weekend of so they can show of the rest of the line without stuff being spoiled. 

At the beginning of August there is also GenCon .

I am sure Cities army set is out latest early August. 

September is probably Cities full release/second wave

Orruktober is  probably Dawnbringers book 2

November is probably Dawnbringers book 3 with Kurnothi and Fyreslayers 

image.png.5a65f5cd12a83b41dee3b82fd45479

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I couldnt agree more. We know GW is going to charge modern prices for sculpts that are 20 years old. New minis that look ok, but not upto todays AOS standards, in resin for yep, modern prices.

I try to be positive about the hobby most of the time but TOW to me just screams a cash grab. 

I equate it to videogames. That game you loved from your childhood is coming back, but wait its not a remaster made to look like a modern game, its a remake it looks almost the exact same with a few bells and whistles but will cost the same as a game released today.

Personally I am looking forward to the rules. I hope they will get the same treatment quality wise as  they did with Middle Earth. It doesn't have to be more than that. Miniature wise, 3d printing has surpassed anything GW can release for the Old World. I have bought lots of STL files / subscribed to different patreons / tribes so I can make beautiful armies for Warhammer the Old World. Lol, I am ready for it.

I.e https://lastsword.com/product/imperial-kindred-dragon-riders/

So I am still looking forward to the Old World, but I will probably not buy any Old World mini's. I's not that I don't like them, but I can get  the same quality or even better with my printer and it's a lot cheaper.

For AoS I am currently not so happy with the rules, Our group is starting to ignore those GHB updates, but miniature wise AoS is still rocking and I don't think STL's are a replacement for it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

So not only do you want to remove sets like the General on Griffin, Gyrocopter and Sisters of the thorn, you also want to remove any real chance of Fyreslayers and Kharadron getting new kits by souping them?

Souping does not give things new kits.

Remove? I would have the Gyrocopter (Along with the other Dispossessed kits) moved into their own Dispossessed Duardin sub-faction. I would keep and add to the Dispossessed aesthetic with new Warmachines and Units. I would like to see a 4th Edition Duardin release be a single large Battletome of 300+ pages with 10+ New kits split across FyreSlayers/Kharadon/Dispossessed. 

As for the Sisters of Thorn? I would move them to ToW Woodelf faction where they really belong. They could still be purchased by those who want them but they would be moved into a legacy AoS tier. The General on Griffin? Yep. It's a fine model but it's time for the chop (The same with 90% of the Empire models) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cyrus said:

They’ve used pillers to represent the grand alliances before in road maps. A strange thing about our current road map is that the image behind the mystery battletome uses the Order piller. Even though you’d assume it would use the Death one if it was Flash Eater Courts. Could just be an over sight.

IMG_6784.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Remove? I would have the Gyrocopter (Along with the other Dispossessed kits) moved into their own Dispossessed Duardin sub-faction. I would keep and add to the Dispossessed aesthetic with new Warmachines and Units. I would like to see a 4th Edition Duardin release be a single large Battletome of 300+ pages with 10+ New kits split across FyreSlayers/Kharadon/Dispossessed. 

As for the Sisters of Thorn? I would move them to ToW Woodelf faction where they really belong. They could still be purchased by those who want them but they would be moved into a legacy AoS tier. The General on Griffin? Yep. It's a fine model but it's time for the chop (The same with 90% of the Empire models) 

Just yesterday you said you wanted an almost complete removal of all pre-AoS kits, that's why I assumed that you basically want a removal of pre-AoS kits, among which are the three gems I listed.

Souping has not led to more kits for the factions that were put in the blender, I'd want to see evidence of that changing before removal of identity by stuffing them together.

• Like 3

Removal of a majority of AoS Kits... to the Old World, where they belong. Which means they can still be purchased as models from GW. I just think that AoS needs to make a more distinct cut from the majority of Old World kits. This isn't exactly a controversial position, is it?

This also needs to be thought about in consideration of 4th edition. I likely see AoS following 40k 10th with a complete reset. With 24 Faction Battlescroll decks available at launch. The Rules and Battlescrolls available for free online and through the app. That means that you have to ask yourself what Battletomes will look like and what they will include. There will be no need to dedicate pages and pages towards in-book Battlescrolls. Having a single large Duardin Battletome filled with lore of all the different types of Duardin across the realms, with distinct advantages to having your army made up of units all with the same keyword.

It means you could have interesting and unique Duradin models like Warcry Troll Hunters, draped in skins and hides holding big ass axes. Or an AoS take on miners for Underworlds. It would allow for creative exploration of different types of Duardin. Have CoS Duardin be their own thing. Dwarfs in the new AoS aesthetic would be great and would keep to the "everyone working together" vibe of Cities whilst having a distinct aesthetic. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

They’ve used pillers to represent the grand alliances before in road maps. A strange thing about our current road map is that the image behind the mystery battletome uses the Order piller. Even though you’d assume it would use the Death one if it was Flash Eater Courts. Could just be an over sight.

IMG_6784.jpeg

The new one is just a generic AoS one that could be anything, I suppose they switched to these because the fanbase was able to guess what the battletomes were very quickly.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Just yesterday you said you wanted an almost complete removal of all pre-AoS kits, that's why I assumed that you basically want a removal of pre-AoS kits, among which are the three gems I listed.

Souping has not led to more kits for the factions that were put in the blender, I'd want to see evidence of that changing before removal of identity by stuffing them together.

I think the future of whfb era models are one of these options.

1. Get updated into a new AoS version.

2. Legacy.

3. Get stuck into a tome and they are at least safe for another season.

Dont like the third option much because the future is still unclear.

44 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Gencon is for small games and they skipped that event last year. It is very hard to see on stores the armybox before the full roster is showed on a big event

Kurnothi and Fyreslayer are gonna be Warcry warbands.

Dawnbringers book 3 is a Hero book.

24 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Gencon is for small games and they skipped that event last year. It is very hard to see on stores the armybox before the full roster is showed on a big event

Kurnothi and Fyreslayer are gonna be Warcry warbands.

Dawnbringers book 3 is a Hero book.

Are you sure about the Kurnothi and Book 3 info? I'll take a Kurnothi warband but I'd love there to be more. 

15 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Also is anyone else thinking that the manticore kit is a dual kit ? You know, the kind of dual kit where you get a big named leader on his big named monster, and a generic leader on a similar mount. A bit like Gobbsprak/Killaboss on Vulcha, Aventis/Arcanum on Tauralon, Gordrakk/Boss on Mawkrusha, etc.

Based on the WarCom article I don't think so. All the weapon options seem to have lore for them tied to Tahlia. Her helmeted version looks pretty generic though, so even if somebody doesn't like using named characters it's not too difficult to pretend they're somebody else.

Edited by Clan's Cynic