The Rumour Thread

20 hours ago, Baz said:

So the location of the new GHB is this: 

Screenshot_20230611_182434_Samsung Internet.jpg

My spiderfang are all ice themed, and my kruleboyz have tundra bases so I'm pretty excited to explore this area.

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

GHB Preview. Looks like a Wizard focus this time around. Also this looks like it'll be running until 4.0.

246fEZlg4A2xuRPR.jpg

orzc9kY9ACCvIgki.jpg

qt68sWUFGbq0CWxH.jpg

sg2aquGxDrZw26ud.jpg

Hopefully at 4pm.

*Huffs Hopeium*

Wizard season is good, all armies except khorne can play in it (thanks arcane tome change) but khorne is very anti-magic anyways. Arcane tome lets you spec into the season at a pretty low cost if your wizards are weak, and it seems like they went out of their way to not leave armies high and dry.

With Optimal focus both sides are tempting, and even armies that have wizards might want the CP instead (Like my kruleboyz).

Also Hoarfrost is one of the strongest spells in the game I think, and it sound like there might be an entire spell lore. Not sure how good it'll be on my frost themed armies, but I'm sure I can find something to take advantage of it. Bonesplitterz could be super nasty with the extra rend actually.

The one thing I'm not sure I like is the primal magic extra dice part. Its good to make bad wizards more consistent and valuable, but making it available for unbinding might have a dampening effect on the "magic meta".

Also on the topic of Hoarfrost how does it interact exactly?

If you change a hit roll from say a 5+ to a 3+, you can still add 1 from stuff like all out attack right? Replacement then modifier
Does that work the same for rend? Like if you changed your rend to -3, and were under the effects of a buff that increases rend by 1, you would go to rend 4 right?

15 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Also on the topic of Hoarfrost how does it interact exactly?

If you change a hit roll from say a 5+ to a 3+, you can still add 1 from stuff like all out attack right? Replacement then modifier
Does that work the same for rend? Like if you changed your rend to -3, and were under the effects of a buff that increases rend by 1, you would go to rend 4 right?

Yes because you've changed the characteristic therefore it can be modified after. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Beliman said:

Everything from this preview seems meh for Kharadron Overlords.
Really, 1CP or another table of artifacts seems horrible unless we can pay points to take them

Something that I think will be key in this new season is that arcane tome lets you opt in to some of the bonuses (if you're not khorne). I really like that part, and kind of wish there had been a command trait or artefact in the last season that let someone opt into counting as a GC, even if it was just for scoring.

Just now, cofaxest said:

You mean Khorne, Slayers and Kharadrons?

arcane tome is locked out of the Wizard, Priest and Khorne keywords., slayers and KO have non-priest heroes so they can opt-in if they want to. allied wizards should count too.

Now that doesn't mean its a good option for them, we'll need to wait and see, but at worst it will give them an option to score some of the season's battle tactics.

KO could probably do with the nerf too, as long as they don't get hit too hard by other changes as well.

Not sure how Fyreslayers will end up though, they've kind of sat in the same spot in the middle of the pack metawise for the entire edition even despite things like bounty hunters. Maybe they'll get a few point drops to compensate (like how they nerfed savage big boss for the infantry hero season...)

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

Don‘t really see it as part of Seraphon but I‘ve always wanted a new lictor (just to paint for fun, not gonna start Nids) Gonna wait for the normal lictor but Deathleaper looks great - almost like a Mindflayer. I think someone will one day cook up an Illithid cult with this mini as the leader for AoS… 😅

Off the top of my head:

A xenomorph styledweapon locked in slumber in the darkest chambers of the Old Ones Temple ships. Unleashed as extermination weapons to scour areas and rid the population before building begins.

A Spawn of Tzunki, Deep Sea creature brought up from the depths  to fight at the side of the Seraphon.

Voidborn Auxillia,  bascially Vespids/kroot for Seraphon, survivors of another destroyed World that has aligned with the Seraphon.

9 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Off the top of my head:

A xenomorph styledweapon locked in slumber in the darkest chambers of the Old Ones Temple ships. Unleashed as extermination weapons to scour areas and rid the population before building begins.

A Spawn of Tzunki, Deep Sea creature brought up from the depths  to fight at the side of the Seraphon.

Voidborn Auxillia,  bascially Vespids/kroot for Seraphon, survivors of another destroyed World that has aligned with the Seraphon.

Great ideas, all of them - but it will still probably look "off" I figure... then again, with such a theme that's the whole point. You win this round decisively. :)

• Like 1

Just now, MitGas said:

Great ideas, all of them - but it will still probably look "off" I figure... then again, with such a theme that's the whole point. You win this round decisively. :)

🤙 I just want all the cool kits. I do also think Seraphon can/could, be more playful with the Alien aspect of their design. 

On the other end of things, I’ve seen some things recently about having Seraphon/Lizardmen join 40k as a transferable army like Daemons. Initially I thought, no, not without big guns. But Daemons really don’t have guns and it seems to work fine as an aesthetic at least. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Kronos said:

On the other end of things, I’ve seen some things recently about having Seraphon/Lizardmen join 40k as a transferable army like Daemons. Initially I thought, no, not without big guns. But Daemons really don’t have guns and it seems to work fine as an aesthetic at least. 

As in, might this be official? Return of the Old Ones?

If they could regain control of the (Kr)orks...

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Apparently it’s just a paint tutorial that was put in the wrong playlist initially 

That's the second video, the first one is unknown.

The other private video uploaded today is the "iXh2wTQdrxU" and it is in the 40k paint models too.

The AoS video "ryWkFXhJo-E" is not located in any other playlist

Edited by Nezzhil

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

The AoS video "ryWkFXhJo-E" is not located in any other playlist

Oh Mighty Sigmar good find, like @KingBrodd I REALLY hope they give us something this week for Cities... Apparently GW thought that showing the 4 Harbingers again alongside the GHB would count as "new miniatures"...

Speaking of which, I'm really glad to see one last GHB before the new edition, lasting one year. And dedicated to small magic users.

BTW the Realm of Ruins game play and overall look is very promising (the Gurish landscape and KB Amberstone mining site are great!). I won't play vidya but will surely gift it to friends and family.

With Blacktalon (also confirmed Thunderstriksed!!), we at last start to have some cool AOS media. Getting all this - and CoS - before 4th edition next year (and TOW) is quite nice for worldbuilding.

• LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Oh Mighty Sigmar good find, like @KingBrodd I REALLY hope they give us something this week for Cities... Apparently GW thought that showing the 4 Harbingers again alongside the GHB would count as "new miniatures"...

Speaking of which, I'm really glad to see one last GHB before the new edition, lasting one year. And dedicated to small magic users.

BTW the Realm of Ruins game play and overall look is very promising (the Gurish landscape and KB Amberstone mining site are great!). I won't play vidya but will surely gift it to friends and family.

With Blacktalon (also confirmed Thunderstriksed!!), we at last start to have some cool AOS media. Getting all this - and CoS - before 4th edition next year (and TOW) is quite nice for worldbuilding.

The model is gonna be Blacktalon this wednesday. He is out of stock in the USA store.

Screenshot_2023-06-12-20-57-41-128_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Everything from this preview seems meh for Kharadron Overlords.
Really, 1CP or another table of artifacts seems horrible unless we can pay points to take them

Are they artefacts? Or a unique enhancement like aspects of the champion?