The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Well that's interesting. Certainly something that absolutely noone predicted.  So does that mean those Duardin are staying in new Cities or are GW trying to clear stock before the axe falls? 

Fells more like cleaning stock.

I'm the only one that is underwhelmed by those army "expansions" after the mercenaries? They make something so you can dip into other factions models but throw those options way after around a year and you are left with models you can't use anymore. I really hope this don't go the same way mercenaries did, but I not buying this until it became more clear if they are going to last.

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Just sitting here twiddling my thumbs as I wait with endless optimism for the next Dawnbringer preview. 

The most annoying thing is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of regular schedule. The battle sister bulletin was great. Why can't they just do that again? 

I have come to accept the lack of updates for Dawnbringers, but I guess it makes some sense now that we know it won't be until much later in the year.

The thing that annoys me is that outside of the rumors we still do not know what Dawnbringers does to the City faction. What gets removed? What is staying? It is only humans from now on lol?!?!?!

Without any real hints from GW its a pretty risky bet to buy anything from the faction.................. and they just announced a new dwarf box lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Well that's interesting. Certainly something that absolutely noone predicted.  So does that mean those Duardin are staying in new Cities or are GW trying to clear stock before the axe falls? 

I think Dispossessed are safe. This is the rumored " squatting list" which seemed to be some kind confirmed

i3hUz2W.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

I'm the unique one that is underwhelmed by those army "expansions" after the mercenaries? They make something so you can dip into other factions models but throw those options way after around a year and you are left with models you can't use anymore. I really hope this don't go the same way mercenaries did, but I not buying this until it became more clear if they are going to last.

I'm not bothered because the two that interest me (dwarfs and sylvaneth) I already have the models for so that's just new options for me to play with. For people who don't, I expect these boxes to be rather good deals, dispossessed are absurdly expensive to buy at retail prices. Unlike the first wave of mercenary companies, I don't expect any of these models to be squatted in the near future, most of them are brand new, and I don't expect the dwarfs are going anywhere either.

I really like the chaos one, the waycry monsters are great sculpts. 

Regarding clearing stock - I'm sure they have the technology now to grind up sprues to be reused. 

Surely they would do that if they had an excess of stock rather than pay for new packaging, artwork and other resources? 

I bet we'll see more sets like this soon, just like the 40k boarding action sets. 

I like them, a good way to dip your toe into a different army or just have a small painting project. I'm sure they'll be discounted as well which is always a plus. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

I'm the unique one that is underwhelmed by those army "expansions" after the mercenaries? They make something so you can dip into other factions models but throw those options way after around a year and you are left with models you can't use anymore. I really hope this don't go the same way mercenaries did, but I not buying this until it became more clear if they are going to last.

Me too.

17 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Same here. 

I love souping factions thematically, but I got burned with Legion of Grief when I started Age of Sigmar so I am sceptical. This rules won't last for long. Those boxes will probably be sold out fast anyway, but by people who need sold out models or by Warcry players.

Anyway, do you think we can run them separately or will they have a warscoll like the Underworlds units?

Edited by Bayul
a word
  • Like 2

I think the best way to look at them is just as discount boxes, as the rules will probably end up nuked no later than Summer 2024.

2 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

No idea about the current rules and regiments of renown so could there be more of these coming for other factions or will it only be those six?

Boarding Actions gradually had reveals for more and more boxes as the weeks went by, so it's entirely possible they might pull more out of their hat. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Boarding Actions gradually had reveals for more and more boxes as the weeks went by, so it's entirely possible they might pull more out of their hat. 

As I understood it these have specific abilities so if they are making more they cant just whip up new boxes, they also have to make rules for them and publish them somewhere. That's why I'm not sure there will be more unlike Boarding Action which are just faction starter sets

After reading the regiments of renoun article today, I saw the imperial dragon article and, for a moment, was filled with hope that my dreams for a faction neutral dragon were about to be met. Era of the beast here we go!

Alas it is not to be. No true dragons for Warhammer unless your Order, or you find a dead one lying around to animate.  And yes there's the mawkrusha, but its intrinsically linked to iron jaws. Where are my chaos wyrms? Where are my Forest dragons, willing to work for anyone with enough gold to satisfy them? Or a fiery desert dragon that haunts the wastes of Ashqy, searching and consuming Ur-gold? OR a shadowy dragon from Uglu that enjoys using mortals as puppets? So many possibilities. Perhaps one day...

40Years Minis 06 ImperialDragon

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Where are my chaos wyrms? Where are my Forest dragons, willing to work for anyone with enough gold to satisfy them? Or a fiery desert dragon that haunts the wastes of Ashqy, searching and consuming Ur-gold? OR a shadowy dragon from Uglu that enjoys using mortals as puppets?

In Warhammer: The Old World. Coming soon.*

Edited by Bayul
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

As I understood it these have specific abilities so if they are making more they cant just whip up new boxes, they also have to make rules for them and publish them somewhere. That's why I'm not sure there will be more unlike Boarding Action which are just faction starter sets

These and any other boxes like them would have been planned more than likely well over a year ago so there could be others. 

51 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

After reading the regiments of renoun article today, I saw the imperial dragon article and, for a moment, was filled with hope that my dreams for a faction neutral dragon were about to be met. Era of the beast here we go!

Alas it is not to be. No true dragons for Warhammer unless your Order, or you find a dead one lying around to animate.  And yes there's the mawkrusha, but its intrinsically linked to iron jaws. Where are my chaos wyrms? Where are my Forest dragons, willing to work for anyone with enough gold to satisfy them? Or a fiery desert dragon that haunts the wastes of Ashqy, searching and consuming Ur-gold? OR a shadowy dragon from Uglu that enjoys using mortals as puppets? So many possibilities. Perhaps one day...

40Years Minis 06 ImperialDragon

I would love to see Krondys or Karazai being able to be allies to all of order regardless of their points. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2