The Rumour Thread

Si order battletome will be seraphon (spring with new saurus warriors / guards?) and cities / dawnbringer (summer). 

the guy with the asian knot may be for slaanesh ? No idea for the other two mini. Something with wings ?

Alas nothing shown for ossiarch here i think !

Something big and floating, trailing hooks and chains, and with something carrying a shield riding it.

Some sort of Saurus, maybe a character, maybe a finally redone infantry box? Seems relatively stripped down.

A new Seraphon monster or cavalry, seems to have a Saurus rider? Has feathered wings and could be a new, larger, redesigned Cold One meant to look more like modern interpretations of raptors.

Khorne (or Warcry?) foot hero, maybe, based on the twin barbed axes. A lot of skulls, including a bird one which we sometimes see on Darkoath minis.

An elf or Slaaneshi warrior with two swords matching some of the existing rumour engine pics. The arches on the back look a little like those of a 40k incubus.

Edited by sandlemad
  • LOVE IT! 3

13 minutes ago, Aleser said:

They show 5 models:

- Something big, not sure about this one.

- A Saurus, maybe a warrior, maybe a hero.

- mounted Seraphon. Maybe Saurus knight that don't look derpy?

- something caos, probably khorne foot hero.

- Slaanesh/dark elf thing, probably Slaanesh foot hero.

• Like 1

And still no COS on the horizon... the more it advances, the more the latest rumors become fragile.

Otherwise in the last part of the video, in order of appearance :

1) Incarnate spider ? Some snarlfang chariot (very unlikely I think) ?

2) Seraphons ! No possible doubt (with a rumor engine resolved elsewhere). It will be out by next summer.

3) Some Khornate warrior in next Warcry boxset

4) Next Underworlds's aelf warband

My guess is a hedonites priest as we have no real priest option. It could be a slaanesh worshiping elf if they ever want to bring back morathis oldworld cult (would be interesting if the twins revived morathis old slaanesh elf worshipping cult considering they are her "kids") alot of the warcry god warbands are kind of adjacent to the mainline theme (the swamp nurgle dudes) this could also be a more primitive version of slaanesh worship.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Aleser said:

7 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

They show 5 models:

- Something big, not sure about this one.

- A Saurus, maybe a warrior, maybe a hero.

- mounted Seraphon. Maybe Saurus knight that don't look derpy?

- something caos, probably khorne foot hero.

- Slaanesh/dark elf thing, probably Slaanesh foot hero.

I’m happy for the for the seraphon players if it is more then one model and at the same time I would be extremely pissed that the skaven are stuck at one model that replaces an already great looking model

• Like 1

For me, the first shadow seems to be a new Slaan priest. The others are pretty straightforward, and the last one could be an Aelf or a Slaaneshi worshiper (or both, as it as been said), but he think it will be the first one (there is some slaanesh looking RE and I think they do not correspond to the last shadowy figure). 

• Like 3

1. The 'big thing' looked to have some jungle scenery on it's base, so I'd guess a new Slann with a model closer to Kroak's.

2. Saurus looked a bit basic to be a Hero and we've already had recent Seraphon for Underworlds and War Cry, so maybe an update to the basic Warrior kit. The base did look a bit 'tall' however, which might indicate a Tactical Rock and thus be a Hero afterall.

3. Saurus Knights are a good bet if the above is true and they're updating the Warriors. 

4. Whilst my initial reaction was Khorne Hero, I actually think it's going to be from a 'Khorne Cultist' warband for War Cry. The furs and bird skull trophy feel in-line with the Gnarlwood theme.

5. Similarly, since they included War Cry and Underworlds on the article I think it's going to be from whatever the 'Dark Elf' Underworlds lot turns out to be. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

I think the mounted-whatever might be a replacement for the cold one riders? it looked too different than any iteration of cold one i've seen, though of course it could be a brand new unit and nothing happens to the old derp riders.

*GASP*

It could be a return to the Skink Cold One Riders of Old!

SERAPHOOONNNNNNNNN

I'll probably have a more in depth take later when I'm not at work. 

However big blobby thing that was shown first could be Seraphon but I'll err on the side of caution and say it's something for one of the death factions. 

I do believe we're getting new warriors/guard the un-mounted saurus looks a little too plain and too similiar to everything else to be just a new foot hero. 

So mounted feather dinosaurs, I think it's something different than new Cold-One riders. The dinosaur doesn't seem to have the oversized foreclaw of raptors. I'm hoping it's something like an oviraptor with a skink on top. 

No matter what since we're at least getting 2 new kits I'm excited!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

I'm a bit disappointed that the image of the Snarlfangs didn't have some blurry but obviously Gitmob mini in the background. I'm guessing they're the only Gitmob we'll get sadly.

At least you got an army shot showing they have taken pictures of the minis all laid out together which is a lot more promising than a sped up spin of the same beastlord reveal we already got.

Oh well. Saves me money I guess.

• Sad 1