The Rumour Thread

Kharadron Overlords:

Frigate: 240 (-10)
Hauler: 160 (+5)
Navigator: 100 (+15)
Admiral: 140 (+15)
Endrinmaster on foot: 80 (-15)
Brokk: 160 (-40)
Endrinmaster with Dirigible suit: 160 (-20)
Drekki: 120 (-10)
Riggers: 110 (-10)
Wardens: 100 (-5)
Thunderers: 130 (-5)
Thundrik&lads: 130 (-20)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Not to get too off topic, @Ganigumo, but someone on reddit started a topic "What would be a fun and thematic rule you'd like to see added to kruleboyz to help make them competitive?" and this was my reply. 

For one I'd like to see the venom encrusted weapon mechanic tweaked to on wound. The mortals arent from skill, they're from damage. Then give rippaz -1 rend, +4 save and skewerz +5 save at least

Some kind of ambush or reserve mechanic is definitely in order. 

I'd like to see some depth added to the sloggoth rules. Something like before each round pick one of three buffing drum beats. One could be the +1 to hit we already have. One could be +1 to charge rolls. One could be +1 to save rolls or something. Also make some rules for the two loadouts the grots get. The nets could be like gloomspite grots nets and give out a -1 to hit bubble and the snatcha stikks add  +1 to rolls for the grot snatcha crew ability. This unit REALLY needs to do more, especially for the actual army its in. 

Scare taktikz needs to be a straight bravery check or suffer -1 to hit from a unit that attacks this unit. 

Really just a broken record reply but eh.

Still totes adorb my lil bog ninjas. 🤗

If I’ve misunderstood then please disregard me here, but what? You want to give the skinny orruks in cloth rags the same save as heavily armoured Brutes because they have a shield? And in regards to the Bonesplitterz, I think it’s fine they have the same save as Kruelboyz. Kruelboyz are a little better armoured, sure, but they’re very thin and lanky while the Bonesplitterz are generally pretty muscular, so I feel like it balances out ok there

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Kharadron Overlords:

Frigate: 240 (-10)
Hauler: 160 (+5)
Navigator: 100 (+15)
Admiral: 140 (+15)
Endrinmaster on foot: 80 (-15)
Brokk: 160 (-40)
Endrinmaster with Dirigible suit: 160 (-20)
Drekki: 120 (-10)
Riggers: 110 (-10)
Wardens: 100 (-5)
Thunderers: 130 (-5)
Thundrik&lads: 130 (-20)

I’m amazed that we haven’t seen any updates for the skaven yet 

@Joseph Mackay Model aesthetics aren't always parallel to stats by Geedubs standards, heh. And they're rocking a bit more than just rags. On a d6 system wouldn't average armor be a 4+ save? I'd say if so then looking at their models they're outfitted enough to at least say "average" armor coupled with shield. And if 4+ is average I'm all for giving brutes above average stats with all the iron they're sporting. They should be a 3+. They should be hulking green tanks. Im no rules expert by any means but this makes sense to me. 

Edited by Vasshpit

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

It truly does feel like AOS took a back seat this Edition, not only to 40K but to Horus Heresy and even Necromunda.

Warcry and Underworlds are more exciting than the mainline game because we are guranteed more than a single mini for those Warbands!!

I reckon we're right in the middle of the period when all the lockdowns impacted their R&D two or so years ago, and that slump is coming down the pipeline. 

The smaller games have really taken off because they are likely designed on a shorter timescale. Most of the endless stream of necromonday reveals are for traditionally sculpted resin models from forgeworld. Those have a quicker turn around than anything we get for AoS so were likely designed after the bulk of the lockdown. We have a longer lead time, so are seeing a focus on warcry and underworlds. I suspect some of the heroes are old sculpts, that were on the back burner. It's frustrating that they seem to have prioritised 40k, which by rights should have had the same issues. But that's not really surprising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m amazed that we haven’t seen any updates for the skaven yet 

Still rumors but...

Skaven
Plagueclaw -15
Stormvermin -5
Doomwheel -5
Hell Pit Abom. -35
Arch-Warlock -5
Death Master -5
Grey Seer -5
Skritch -15
Slynk -5
Bombardier -5
Engineer -5
Grey Seer on bell -45
Plague Priest on Furnace -35
Thanquol +15
Warbringer +5
Doon Flayer -5
Gutter Runners -5
Packmasters -5
Rat Swarms +5
Ratling Gun -5
Acolytes -5
Warp grinder -5
bell of Doom -20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Still rumors but...

Skaven
Plagueclaw -15
Stormvermin -5
Doomwheel -5
Hell Pit Abom. -35
Arch-Warlock -5
Death Master -5
Grey Seer -5
Skritch -15
Slynk -5
Bombardier -5
Engineer -5
Grey Seer on bell -45
Plague Priest on Furnace -35
Thanquol +15
Warbringer +5
Doon Flayer -5
Gutter Runners -5
Packmasters -5
Rat Swarms +5
Ratling Gun -5
Acolytes -5
Warp grinder -5
bell of Doom -20

Well those points reduction seem a bit sad.

still I am amazed that slynk is apparently going down, considering how he us clan eshin.

literally he and his buddies are representing the whole clan😂.

rat swarms are going up???

and they finally seem to understand the porblem of the bell of doom😂

5 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Are all the rumoured points changes collated anywhere? I’m interested in Cities and Fyreslayers but don’t know where to look. 

Fyreslayers

HGB: -10
Both VB: -10
Runefather: -5
Runesmitter: -15
RuneDroth: -10
AH: -5
Doomseeker: -5
Flamespitter: -5
Fjul: -20
Runemaster: +5
Grimwrath: +5

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It really looks like we are mostly seeing point drops this GHB. So get ready for more miniatures on the table, but for a power level that stays roughly the same.

Well, I just went through the numbers.

skaven don’t seem to be getting more units onto the table.

unless we take the units that have a clear reason of never being taken.

Still it is pretty funny to think that I might be able to take 2 more rattling gun weapon teams into my skaven rattling spamm list

and with the exploid, that will be amazing at a tournament.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

RumourEngine Dec27 Content

Do those look like runes carved into the top of the pipes?

Am I just seeing things for the copeium of wanting Chorfs? Obviously, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

99120209079_OWHobgrotSlittasFeature.jpg

Looks like chaos outriders to me… but I want to believe in more Hobgrots in a near future !!

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

Sounds more like 40k to me. To be related perhaps with this other rumor engine :

2022-10-25.jpg

Isn't that second picture from the now revealed 40k mechanical chaos deamon thingy?

The new RE has Necron vibes to me

Edit: I just checked and the second pic isn't Vashtorr.

Edited by EntMan

13 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

It truly does feel like AOS took a back seat this Edition, not only to 40K but to Horus Heresy and even Necromunda.

Warcry and Underworlds are more exciting than the mainline game because we are guranteed more than a single mini for those Warbands!!

It is starting to feel more and more like we will see Chaos Squats,  Exodites and Asdrubael Vect before we see Chaos Dwarves, Kurnothi or Malerion. 

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

RumourEngine Dec27 Content

Do those look like runes carved into the top of the pipes?

Am I just seeing things for the copeium of wanting Chorfs? Obviously, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

99120209079_OWHobgrotSlittasFeature.jpg

This feels very 40k I could see it being tied to Vashtorr and Arks of Omen maybe new Darkmech?

I do hope we see more Hobgrots. I keep on not understanding why we get thees awesome Goblin support units like hobgrots and gnoblars without dedicated hero support. Also I am still hoping that Hobgrots get an additional Chaos Dwarf/Hashut keyword in the future. I also still think a cavalry equivilant of them riding Trogoths to be supported by the Brekkaboss on Mirebrute would be an outstandingly unique unit choice that would differentiate Kruelboyz cavalry from the Pig riders and wolf riders of their fellow destruction warbands, while better integrating Trogoths into Kruel Boy Ranks.

• LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It is starting to feel more and more like we will see Chaos Squats,  Exodites and Asdrubael Vect before we see Chaos Dwarves, Kurnothi or Malerion. 

This feels very 40k I could see it being tied to Vashtorr and Arks of Omen maybe new Darkmech?

I do hope we see more Hobgrots. I keep on not understanding why we get thees awesome Goblin support units like hobgrots and gnoblars without dedicated hero support. Also I am still hoping that Hobgrots get an additional Chaos Dwarf/Hashut keyword in the future. I also still think a cavalry equivilant of them riding Trogoths to be supported by the Brekkaboss on Mirebrute would be an outstandingly unique unit choice that would differentiate Kruelboyz cavalry from the Pig riders and wolf riders of their fellow destruction warbands, while better integrating Trogoths into Kruel Boy Ranks.

Funnily enough: 

In regards to the dark mech rumors….. look I’m all for it, but BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA! I will be mad if  my current conversions/kit-bashed skitarii are unusable with the new Vashtorr inspired Dark Mech.

Much like His Royal Swoleness @KingBrodd, long May his Stomp crush the realms, I think AOS has been shafted this year. Necromunda has gotten so much lore and releases that it feels like an entirely separate world, Horus and his Heresy have gotten a brand new lease on life, and 40K continues to get more models than you can shake a stick at. It is my personal belief that GW is holding back on the good stuff till 2023, which as others have pointed out is the 40th anniversary of Warhammer Fantasy and the rumored release date of TOW.

in regards to Hobgrots and their bearded overlords…. GW would be foolish to not intergrate the two existing units (Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut) into a new chorfs tome when the time comes. Having since picked up both kits, they clearly look like they’re supposed to stand side by side: they just need someone to lead them. While Troggoth Calvary sounds awesome, I don’t think we’ll see it as it would simply be too amazing and broken for the Orruks and Destruction as a whole (and GW won’t let anyone outshine their aelves and stormcast).

• LOVE IT! 3