The Rumour Thread

hmmm not really excited as idoneth player.

everyone get our ability to screen foot heros for free and we get totally nothing to makeup for it????? it would be the same as giving every army a 6ward save and dont giving nothing to dok or death.

and we wont get to shoot enemy heros unless we take a soecific batallion and i guess only for battlelines..

and our foot heros sucks in combat aniway, and thralls will rip everything in melee on previous turn or they will be dead on next turn, no way they be in melee on a hero phase.

so i expect things getting even darker for us unless we get points reductions on the book to makeup for it :(

22 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Imo they should just add a sniper keyword to certain units. For example the kruleboyz killbow AND / OR just allow ranged unit champions the ability to snipe. 

Give my FreeGuild Crossbow People one last bit of glory before they're squatted!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatopek said:

I hope "this new keyword applies to all unmounted heroes with a wounds characteristic of less than 10" does not mean that heroes with a companion (considered as a mount) will not be galletian champions. I am thinking about the killaboss with stab grot or the swampcalla shaman with pot-grot for instance...

3rd edition warscrolls differentiate between mounts and companions, so it should not be a problem even by RAW.

23 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Battletome overrides rule book. 

The warscrolls state for rules purposes they count as one model. 

Agree, when the rules contradict each other.

In this case, they count as one model (warscroll rule) and as a mount (core rules).

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with for unique enhancements for the foot heroes. Also will make a big difference how 'Infantry' is defined - most books have quite a wide variety of battleline now, so I guess will operate similarly to GVs in terms of who counts for it?

53 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Battletome overrides rule book. 

The warscrolls state for rules purposes they count as one model. 

Idk heros and their little fishes are only one mode aswell, but as per 22.3.1 they are considered mounts anyway.

That's the problem to rule everything with keywords that are auto-applied to minis.

I‘ve just been facepalming so hard watching the announcement of season 2:

Galletian Veterans is the past Now we move to Galletian Heroes (my mind: If they work like veterans did they won‘t be playable. The „age of Infantry“ made them unplayable).

Just a few seconds later: „We introduce Galletian Sharpshooters to deal with those foot heroes“

I REST MY CASE - I AM SO DONE WITH THIS.

Could we please burn anything galletian and return to a NORMAL AoS game? Please?

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 12
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Galletian Veterans is the past Now we move to Galletian Heroes (my mind: If they work like veterans did they won‘t ne playable).

a few seconds later: „We introduce Galletian Sharpshooters to deal with those foot heroes“

Could we please burn anything galletian and return to a NORMAL AoS game? Please?

I havent played any ghb stuff tbh. Too much hassle. Core rules are fine imho.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Galletian Veterans is the past Now we move to Galletian Heroes (my mind: If they work like veterans did they won‘t ne playable).

a few seconds later: „We introduce Galletian Sharpshooters to deal with those foot heroes“

To be fair all of the "Galletian Heroes" were already either playable support heroes or terrible, so they can't really make it any worse.

they're copying what they did with the last one too, buff up the seasonal unit type then create a battalion to counter it. Its a bit silly in this case, where you take a battalion to specifically ignore a new rule in the season, but at least it isn't game warping overkill like bounty hunters was, and it puts a bit of a dampening effect on shooting, where you'll need to choose between low drops or sniping heroes.

• Like 1

well at worst it will the same but with more relics things for free on those heros and the shitting army will have to waste batallions. and not all army will be able to get in.

so at first glimpse it isnt like last galletian thing,in fact it will buff up small heros by decent ammount. unless that batallion do double dmg. and dont think so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shankelton said:

I'm for anything that justifies warhammer+ existence more.  

Im all for that. I've already got more than £50 worth of stuff - £10 voucher, £24 pound modell and 2 sets of £20 dice, defo worth it. 

Looking forward to the new GHB as well, always good to shake things up a bit and get new challenges. 

2023 is already looking good for AoS. 

8 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

To be fair all of the "Galletian Heroes" were already either playable support heroes or terrible, so they can't really make it any worse.

they're copying what they did with the last one too, buff up the seasonal unit type then create a battalion to counter it. Its a bit silly in this case, where you take a battalion to specifically ignore a new rule in the season, but at least it isn't game warping overkill like bounty hunters was, and it puts a bit of a dampening effect on shooting, where you'll need to choose between low drops or sniping heroes.

Pretty sure the sniper rule will add bonus dmg or a bonus to hit vs heroes as well, because it’s GW‘s way of writing rules, meaning it’s as far as it can get from being sophisticated.

• Confused 1