The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

GW has really been hammering home the fact that most of the xeno factions are just filler. Can't wait for 10th edition where the Space marine line will increase by 35% and  cause even more unit bloat.

And ironically, Horus Heresy has had a huge jump in support in my local area because people are so tired of the current state of 40K.

If they cost the same as last year (160€), these are the discounts for each box: (Used € for this so could be slightly different for other currencies)

Daughters of Khaine - 32%

Orruk Warclans - 35% 

Gloomspite Gitz - 36%

Stormcast Eternals - 38%

Skaven - 40%

Nighthaunt - 40%

Sylvaneth - 42%

Last year the discounts have been around 37% so they could be the same price or slightly more expensive

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

If they cost the same as last year (160€), these are the discounts for each box: (Used € for this so could be slightly different for other currencies)

Daughters of Khaine - 32%

Orruk Warclans - 35% 

Gloomspite Gitz - 36%

Stormcast Eternals - 38%

Skaven - 40%

Nighthaunt - 40%

Sylvaneth - 42%

Last year the discounts have been around 37% so they could be the same price or slightly more expensive

If they remain in line with this pricing those are some juicy deals!!

Just now, EntMan said:

So, now that's out of the way. Do you think we'll get a themed advent calendar RE again like last year? And if so any guesses what it might be? 

Reasonable guess? - Probably the contents of the new 40k starter box releasing with 10th...
Hopeful guess - Seraphon RE with them hopefully getting their book and such in the first quarter of 2023... or I would also be happy with a Gitz based calendar with them showing off potentially the sky-pirates subfaction. 

• LOVE IT! 4

For all that Skaven box is old, throw in a Vermin lord and a warp lighting cannon and you have 2000 points.  2 of the DoK box would also give you about 2000 points. I'm most tempted by the Kruleboyz box. Those are all things I was thinking of buying. It will be very interesting to see prices. 

• Like 1

Skaven and Sylvaneth are a miss imo,  I feel you are better off buying two of the vanguard box,  especially for sylvaneth.

KB and SCE seem okey, It would have been amazing for SCE to have a box full of dragons (lots of baby dragons with one of the big named one)

NH : Good

DoK : We get it, you have lots of Doom-fire warlocks to get rid of, still good way to start dok thanks to the chariot.

GSG :  Third GSG battleforce with squigs, where spiders ?  Still, it's a good one.

Edited by Sigmarusvult

11 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Yeah but do you see Teclis, Kragnos, or Nagash in any other AoS combo boxes? Those are her equivalents.

No but both Magnus and Mortarion are more expensive than Alarielle while beeing around the same size so I don't see how they wouldn't be equivalents.

But AoS as a whole didn't go for named characters as much as 40k.

Only Drycha and Lady Olynder are named characters without a generic build option while in 40k every box has a named character without an alternative version excect the Imperial Knights box

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Would instabuy a Spiderfang box with 3/4 arachnaroks.

The other Spiderfang models let the Aracharok down, and there aren’t enough plastic kits for them for a box like this really. Some are more focused than others in kit diversity but I don’t think we’ve had them with just 2 different kits. 

2 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

KB and SCE seem okey, It would have been amazing for SCE to have a box full of dragons (lots of baby dragons with one of the big named one)

SCE box is actually perfect, the only new unit it leaves out is the chariot. Otherwise it is legitimately the PERFECT addition to the Dominion box... I'm actually shocked it has both the Vanquishers and Vigilors in it. A definite purchase from me, if the price does not go up from last year.

• Like 1

I'm SAFE!! Totally utterly SAFE* from GW Christmas Boxes this year!

Which is not to say that any are bad, though I'd argue that the AOS ones are visually more eye catching than the 40K ones. Just that I don't need/want any of them right now. The DoK one is actually really good, its just the only thing I need are sisters of slaughter, I don't need any of the rest; meanwhile the others just don't grab me. Now if there'd been a soulblight box that would have been different. 

* I just have to avoid any and all media relating to Sisters of Battle and Ad Mech :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The other Spiderfang models let the Aracharok down, and there aren’t enough plastic kits for them for a box like this really. Some are more focused than others in kit diversity but I don’t think we’ve had them with just 2 different kits. 

Could put a Dankhold Troggoth in there, it has some spiders in the kit :).

Edit: I am also wondering how long it will take for the next warcry box to be revealed. Another 3 months?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sahrial said:

Yeah but do you see Teclis, Kragnos, or Nagash in any other AoS combo boxes? Those are her equivalents.

The 2020 Disciples of Tzeentch box contained a Lord of Change/Fateweaver so it's not unheard of for the boxes to include an AoS model at that price point, just unusual.

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Edit: I am also wondering how long it will take for the next warcry box to be revealed. Another 3 months?

Isn't the next one due to come out in december? There was a road map posted in this thread a few pages back I'm sure (I Just can't find it now! haha)

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

7 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

Isn't the next one due to come out in december? There was a road map posted in this thread a few pages back I'm sure (I Just can't find it now! haha)

I believe the next box is in February? So the New Year Preview?

2 hours ago, Overread said:

I'm SAFE!! Totally utterly SAFE* from GW Christmas Boxes this year!

Which is not to say that any are bad, though I'd argue that the AOS ones are visually more eye catching than the 40K ones. Just that I don't need/want any of them right now. The DoK one is actually really good, its just the only thing I need are sisters of slaughter, I don't need any of the rest; meanwhile the others just don't grab me. Now if there'd been a soulblight box that would have been different. 

* I just have to avoid any and all media relating to Sisters of Battle and Ad Mech :P

Same. That gloomspite box would have been great for me two years ago, but these day's i have more than enough squigs. The skaven one looks cool as a way to bulk out my troops, but I don't need any more warmachines etc. Same goes for DOK. The last thing i need is another cauldron a nd doomfires,even if more snakes and harpies would be cool.

on the 40 k side I was more at risk as I have a few factions I'd like to start, but I only play xenos, so that's a hard pass from me. Undivided chaos might have tempted me, but not what's on offer. 

That's good though, as now I can save for the next warcry set without worry, or just maybe pick up the S2D starter...

...also hilarious that Fyreslayers have still never got a battleforce.

• Sad 2

Yeh, Ive gotten away with these boxes a bit, the ones for the army I play don't really appeal to me. Could have been tempted by Stormcast but I'm very bored of Stormcast infantry models. Skaven would be fun, but I'm really not interested in a new army right now.

Going to buy some centre pieces for my Xmas present instead. Nagash, GUO and either a Tauralon or Alarielle I think.

• Like 1