The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

@Pariah7echo @Public Universal Duardin

Well this is might be bigger news than even the Mega-Gargant.

(The Blackened Earth supplement pdf just came out)

That’s a bloody aelf!

unknown.png

“> You have a wry smile and expression, and like to see the best of the city and its people, despite your social position. You keep the points of your ears hidden away beneath your hair, as you know from experience that your Aelven ancestry colours some people’s opinion of you, and as a Greycap corporal, you know that first impressions matter.”

Also small retcon on the Council of the Forge which used to be an only-Duardin Disposessed city is now a joint human/duardin ruled city. So it does seem they’re upping the race mixes in the Cities of Sigmar.(thank the God-king)

Also Greywater not only has train stations to get around the massive city it’s so large but they have giant Steam Tank rail guns so large you can battle on the cannon barrels.

unknown.png

Honestly, I don't care about the anachronistic guns on the new Cities of Sigmar foot soldiers if the new book allows us to field an absolute parking lot of new steam vehicles.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

47 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

That’s a bloody aelf!

unknown.png

“> You have a wry smile and expression, and like to see the best of the city and its people, despite your social position. You keep the points of your ears hidden away beneath your hair, as you know from experience that your Aelven ancestry colours some people’s opinion of you, and as a Greycap corporal, you know that first impressions matter.”

Also small retcon on the Council of the Forge which used to be an only-Duardin Disposessed city is now a joint human/duardin ruled city. So it does seem they’re upping the race mixes in the Cities of Sigmar.(thank the God-king)

Also Greywater not only has train stations to get around the massive city it’s so large but they have giant Steam Tank rail guns so large you can battle on the cannon barrels.

unknown.png

That is amazing news.

That is what I want to sew from CoS. Many races (the main three plus some rare exotics) under one banner. Some light animosities, but also common goals and beliefs.

So cool! Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

That’s a bloody aelf!

unknown.png

unknown.png

Well its helpful they made elves with guns cannon since just finished painting up 20 elf-irondrakes! Nice to know the elves aren't leaving the cities anytime soon. Now to decide if my next project is creating elven steam tanks or dragon ogre shaggoth mega-gargants, decisions decisions.....

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Honestly the surprising thing to me is how little AoS stuff leaks. On the 40k side every kit is known an age in advance and the full books often leak. For AoS the only big leak has been slaves to Darkness. The Season of war, the Nighthaunt crossbows, the drowner, the Sylvaneth Gossamid archers and now  this have all been complete surprises not even teased by the likes of Whitefang. 

I'm really happy about that, it's so much better to have a suprise out of the blue announced with proper pictures than have a big release spoiled with awful pictures (I can only assume another hobby for the spoilers is hunting the Loch Ness monster and big foot). 

• Like 1

This was posted on the AoS loremasters discord.

"AGRICHAMBERS: There’s little urban green space within Greywater Fastness. The glass and iron agrichambers scattered throughout the city on rooftops and along the Spoke Roads are the closest thing to parks. They’re open to the public for a few hours in the morning and evening, and they’re favourite spots for courting couples. The agrichambers collect rainwater, filter the pollutants, and pump it over the crops within. The wastewater feeds back into the city’s purification systems for processing, and bees buzz amongst the flowering plants, their honey turned into mead. Most of the farmers and gardeners are Wanderers who prefer the greenery to the smoke and heat of industry, but several Humans and Duardin work in the agrichambers too. The food supplies they provide tide the city over between deliveries from outside, and are the only reliable reserves they have in the event of a siege. The Aelves and the agrichambers are essential to the city but they’re also objects of suspicion. People whisper that there are Spites and other Sylvaneth creatures hidden amongst the greenery, spying for the Treelords. Every failed crop gives rise to another rumour of Sylvaneth sabotage, and every abundant harvest garners accusations about borrowed Sylvaneth magic. The greatest secret behind the agrichambers isn’t any strange fey magic, it’s how ineffective they are. They provide enough fresh greens that most Grits don’t suffer from serious vitamin deficiencies, but the idea that they could be converted to efficiently grow cereal crops is delusional. If Greywater Fastness relied exclusively on the agrichambers, it would starve."

According to sagemutt/sageking.  "Greywater does hydroponics better than every planet of the Imperium"

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA THAT'S AN AELF?!?!?!?!?!?! 

@Baron Klatz I'm going to need you to send me a copy of this pdf ASAP so that I can read this near-heretical text for myself. The implications are huge for both Cities of Sigmar and Chaos alike! 

Oh I don’t have it yet, just discussing it with the Soulbound groups that grabbed it on the second it released.

100% worth the buy though(I do wish it was physical now to go with my other books but oh well)

Besides all the industry, wall-mounted railways, and city infrastructure the food sources are interesting between food trucks delivering supplies and the Agriculture centers mostly ran by the Wanderers(explains why they’ve been a part of Greywater since it first appeared in Seeds of Hope)

“AGRICHAMBERS
> There’s little urban green space within Greywater Fastness. The glass and iron agrichambers scattered throughout the city on rooftops and along the Spoke Roads are the closest thing to parks. 

> They’re open to the public for a few hours in the morning and evening, and they’re favourite spots for courting couples.

> The agrichambers collect rainwater, filter the pollutants, and pump it over the crops within. The wastewater feeds back into the city’s purification systems for processing, and bees buzz amongst the flowering plants, their honey turned into mead.

> Most of the farmers and gardeners are Wanderers who prefer the greenery to the smoke and heat of industry, but several Humans and Duardin work in the agrichambers too. 

> The food supplies they provide tide the city over between deliveries from outside, and are the only reliable reserves they have in the event of a siege.

> The Aelves and the agrichambers are essential to the city but they’re also objects of suspicion. People whisper that there are Spites and other Sylvaneth creatures hidden amongst the greenery, spying for the Treelords. Every failed crop gives rise to another rumour of Sylvaneth sabotage, and every abundant harvest garners accusations about borrowed Sylvaneth magic.

> The greatest secret behind the agrichambers isn’t any strange fey magic, it’s how ineffective they are. They provide enough fresh greens that most Grits don’t suffer from serious vitamin deficiencies, but the idea that they could be converted to efficiently grow cereal crops is delusional. If Greywater Fastness relied exclusively on the agrichambers, it would starve.“

The anti-Sylvaneth sentiments has also lead to mostly comical pro-nature rebels being gardeners that plant fast-growing plants around the city or wear green which is seen as a social vandalism.(though the constant Ghyran plants that assail Greywater are no joke, rain storms of parasitic seed plants is just one among many Cold War attempts by the Sylvaneth to reclaim the land)

(I’ll post more stuff in the Rpg thread when I have time later)

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Honestly, I don't care about the anachronistic guns on the new Cities of Sigmar foot soldiers if the new book allows us to field an absolute parking lot of new steam vehicles.

Yeah, they spent way too long advertising Cogforts from 2016 to the Warhammer+ animation to not give us some Ironweld vehicle goodness.

My bet is we’ll see different techs split between the 4 sub-factions.

Freeguilds: on their own in the wild frontiers or apart of isolated kingdoms so have to go mostly armored melee with crossbows and primitive pike-guns their best defense.

Ironweld: where the actual gun units are with repeaters, volley guns, flying machines and centerpiece tanks & cogforts.

Order of Azyr: in-between with effective muskets & advanced crossbows but their main power being magic attachments that banish undead, daemons and Endless Spells with Aqshy-stake launchers, holy shot and runic inscribed bolts weapons.

Arcane Collegiate: possibly the most quality over quantity if we get their mage-engineer units that showed up in the Broken Realms sieges that did stuff like shore up wall breaches by filling holes in the walls with splashes of molten magic and called down accurate rainstorms to put out fires.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Whit 2 new Megagargents i am hopful that ogurs will get mor then one hunter
LONG LIVE THJE STOMP!

AoSGargantReveal Sep20 Content

Nice white a new mercenery
The forces of Destruction can also trade all their shiny stuff to hire a named Beast-smasher known as Odo Godswallow. This mercenary is a bloodthirsty oaf of surprisingly deep insight – at least when it comes to killing monsters. 

Edited by Fellman

3 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Whit 2 new Megagargents i am hopful that ogurs will get mor then one hunter
LONG LIVE THJE STOMP!
AoSGargantReveal Sep20 Content

Unfortunately we’ve already seen the book table of contents from warcom’s reveal article and there’s nothing else new. The most we can hope for are model refreshes but I’m not too optimistic.

Just now, Sahrial said:

Unfortunately we’ve already seen the book table of contents from warcom’s reveal article and there’s nothing else new. The most we can hope for are model refreshes but I’m not too optimistic.

Maneaters are all but confirmed in some form or another, but other than that I doubt we'll see anything.
Probably through a warcry warband. Maneaters are one of the few units in the game where the vastly different equipment/outfits for each model makes sense when translated to AoS' larger scale.

• Like 3

From the new Greywater FastnesRPG book

ALARIELLE’S KISS "This healing potion is created by Alchemists who distil pilfered runoff from the city’s cyclestone refineries. Public warnings about the use of Alarielle’s Kiss have been circulating ever since the Grand Conclave caught wind of its existence, due to its unpredictable side effects and association with the Everqueen’s Sylvaneth followers. It’s typically sold at black market locations. Drinking the potion heals 4 Toughness, but you must also roll 1d6. On an odd result, the character ages that many years over the course of a few minutes. On an even result, they deage in the same way. Due to the nature of the cyclestone they may suffer additional side effects — the character may sprout a few leaves in their hair, see their fingernails growing more quickly, or feel a hunger they can’t rid themselves of for a few days."

Edited by xking
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

That’s a bloody aelf!

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is so damn epic that I cant even deal. Why GW doesnt promote Crucible is a never ending mystery to me!!

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If we dont get Cogforts with this release we riot!! 6 year of hype behind them!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Great to see the Rattletrap horses finally shown off in art.

They first popped up in “Auction of Blood” the 2017 short that had them as the main public transport in Greywater’s streets.(the protagonist of the book used one like a taxi and noted the driver was an Azyrite by his lighter accent)

and they later became more widespread in other cities like Brightspear.

Screenshot_20201216-200016.jpg

• Thanks 2

More lore from the Greywater Fastness RPG book. From the AoS loremasters discord

8 hours work shifts

"The city never sleeps. There are three factory shifts of equal length, so the great machines never stop running and the furnaces never cease belching black smoke up into the sky. That means there’s always a need for entertainment — cheap, convenient, and offering the chance to blow off steam after eight hours of repetitive activity. Eateries and pubs operate at all hours, as do Greywater Fastness’s more esoteric entertainments, like the fighting pits where crude automata battle to the death with vicious weapons scavenged from factory assembly lines."

"Since the bosses are also the food importers, food supplies are handled the same way. Some are sold on the open market, but a lot are reserved for each company’s workers, sold to them at a discount (which, again, takes money back from those damned inconvenient pay packets). It’s not usually the best food, but it’s cheap and filling, and it allows people to spend more of their money on entertainment and treats."

"Aetherlight is a public ballroom, a windowless building in which it is always midnight and alcohol and other mood-enhancing substances flow freely. Many perfectly respectable dinners and balls are thrown in the homes of the wealthy, but with Aetherlight open around the clock there is always somewhere to drink and dance, and with the pressures of Greywater life always comes a need to let off steam. As well as its darkly glamorous reputation, Aetherlight is famous for its orchestra of automata which play without need for rest or applause, with a repertoire of over a hundred popular songs, accessed by inserting meticulously inscribed ‘score cylinders’ into the conductor’s base."

Edited by xking
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

7 hours ago, xking said:

More lore from the Greywater Fastness RPG book. From the AoS loremasters discord

8 hours work shifts

"The city never sleeps. There are three factory shifts of equal length, so the great machines never stop running and the furnaces never cease belching black smoke up into the sky. That means there’s always a need for entertainment — cheap, convenient, and offering the chance to blow off steam after eight hours of repetitive activity. Eateries and pubs operate at all hours, as do Greywater Fastness’s more esoteric entertainments, like the fighting pits where crude automata battle to the death with vicious weapons scavenged from factory assembly lines."

"Since the bosses are also the food importers, food supplies are handled the same way. Some are sold on the open market, but a lot are reserved for each company’s workers, sold to them at a discount (which, again, takes money back from those damned inconvenient pay packets). It’s not usually the best food, but it’s cheap and filling, and it allows people to spend more of their money on entertainment and treats."

"Aetherlight is a public ballroom, a windowless building in which it is always midnight and alcohol and other mood-enhancing substances flow freely. Many perfectly respectable dinners and balls are thrown in the homes of the wealthy, but with Aetherlight open around the clock there is always somewhere to drink and dance, and with the pressures of Greywater life always comes a need to let off steam. As well as its darkly glamorous reputation, Aetherlight is famous for its orchestra of automata which play without need for rest or applause, with a repertoire of over a hundred popular songs, accessed by inserting meticulously inscribed ‘score cylinders’ into the conductor’s base."

Thanks so much for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I need to buy myself the current mega kit before the price goes to more ridiculous hights. Still want a Gatebreaker to join my Nighthaunt/Destruction armies.

As a KO player that only plays KOs and buys KOs, I think that I will buy a mega-gargant kit for exactly the same reason. Not sure if they are going to be a permanent "mercenary" units, but I think that it could be a good move.

• Like 1