The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I'm hoping for a new multi part kit for the Spider Riders that can be used in the same fashion as Squig Hoppers. 1x10 battleline unit or 2x5 elite. That would give the Spiderfang a little more variety. It could be a Warcry kit i guess but i hope it will be a Sylvaneth/ Nighthaunt sized release. A scuttleboss could be nice but i am still happy with the finecast one to be honest. I'd rather have a Troggoth to go along with them or a named Scuttleboss Webspinner shaman version instead of the basic boss type hero we already have.

Could be a dual build as Boss and Shaman. A Nighthaunt sizes release would be perfect. Scuttleboss, Spider Riders and Forest Troggoth would be the perfect release.

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

They’ve shown the, very cool, Necromunda model first. Usually the later reveal is a bigger deal. Still praying for Sigmar to light up my Monday with a first glimpse of one of his citizens. 

New COS or Seasons of War Gallet has me crossing fingers!!

• Like 2

I probably missed the initial conversation, but I'm happy to see a Cursed City announcement pop up finally. Sad that it doesnt include any models. I guess that's good for anyone who already purchased the mocels for thier soulblight army, but less so for those who haven't. Shelling out $100 for 3 individual hero blisters  AND $XX for the expansion itself is less fun. I was hoping we'd see a package deal discount. Oh well. 

On the bright side, looks like the game will get some support in time for Halloween. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I probably missed the initial conversation, but I'm happy to see a Cursed City announcement pop up finally. Sad that it doesnt include any models. I guess that's good for anyone who already purchased the mocels for thier soulblight army, but less so for those who haven't. Shelling out $100 for 3 individual hero blisters  AND $XX for the expansion itself is less fun. I was hoping we'd see a package deal discount. Oh well. 

On the bright side, looks like the game will get some support in time for Halloween. 

If I were looking to get into the expansion I would snag the Crimson Court Underworlds Warband and use them. 4 Vampires for almost literally the cost of 1!!

• Like 1

Sorry folks, it's just an Eternus 'reveal' as at least one person here predicted.

At least the trailer's cool.

TpE7TdD8LjCi0qgT.jpg

l5AVXTSa8MhTpmN9.jpg

The Blade of the First Prince was once one of Archaon’s Varanguard – a champion of the Eighth Circle known as Atarus. When he renounced Archaon at the feet of the Dark Master, he was thrust into lightning-wracked Cursed Skies that swirl with the souls of slain Stormcast Eternals, unable to return to Azyr.* There he was burned alive by this divine lighting, only to be revived by Be’lakor – who breathed those trapped souls into him.

Reborn as Eternus, this warrior pays for his immortality with undying fealty to Be’lakor. Yet this gift may be plucked from the so-called lord of traitors just as quickly as it was conferred – so Eternus wages a desperate campaign to keep his master satisfied, using spies and covert agents to further Be’lakor’s plan to usurp Archaon as the Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse.

Those not turned by his unnaturally-persuasive words are put to death in battle. Atop the mighty Drakocephalus, clad in armour stripped of the colours of the Everchosen and armed with a deathglaive and skull flail, the Blade of the First Prince crushes any who may oppose the will of his Dark Master.

If by some turn of fate Eternus is slain, he is reborn in the foul storm-shroud of Be’lakor’s Cursed Skies before returning in a blast of obsidian energy, his crackling Veins of Black Lightning a cruel parody of the Heldenhammer’s chosen warriors.

3jcTHGaMfeLHnCZ3.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Sorry folks, it's just an Eternus 'reveal' as at least one person here predicted.

Reveals of already leaked models are the worst.

Edit: Dont like the armour paint job, something is off about all the heavy blue lines everywhere. The point of focus shifts from the mount or the rider to the armor plates imho.

Edit2: Model is great. 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

I’m quite excited but that’s because I had forgotten about him 🤣

To be honest, this is the issue about leaks like the Slaves one. We’ve all been spoilt now, so after the next few books, there’s no surprise 😉

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It's a really cool model, probably my favourite from the new Slaves wave but it does feel like we are living in the worst of timelines. The wait for cities news continues. 

This reinforces the impression that we won't see anything for Cities of Sigmar in 2022.

I know that GW will communicate on this before, as they did for Battle Sisters, but to wait many more months before the slightest visual... it's hard.

• Thanks 2

I just noticed that the Mawtribes and Sons Battletome covers were in front of our eyes at Nova.

The DOT and LRL covers are also the background sepia art. Meaning that more than likely Brodd and a Tyrant will feature on their Tomes.

Not to mention the Chaos Chosen is probably the STD standard tome cover

17CSd8u2NzNvDreo-1060x596.jpg

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

TpE7TdD8LjCi0qgT.jpg

l5AVXTSa8MhTpmN9.jpg

3jcTHGaMfeLHnCZ3.jpg

As sad as I am the reveal was spoiled this model and the lore are still terrific and I am excited to learn more about the new best Chaos Lord ever since Archaon started riding ugly King Ghidorah...

33 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Soulbound Ulfenkarn art from Reddit.

1662383379030.jpg

1662383367429.jpg

1662383390070.jpg

1662383404608.jpg

1662383397493.jpg

1662383359750.jpg

That Aelven exile is such a tease! Bring us the Kurnothi!!!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

That Aelven exile is such a tease! Bring us the Kurnothi!!!

One criticism I have of the Soulbound stuff is how obviously they have to tie any new classes in directly with the models, unless it's something 200% original like the Pioneer.

You can't just have a Normie Human Noble, it has to be a Lost Scion(tm) because there's a model of that.

The Freeguild Guard obviously got stripped out because GW probably told them "we're updating the models, you can't do that."

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

TpE7TdD8LjCi0qgT.jpg

l5AVXTSa8MhTpmN9.jpg

3jcTHGaMfeLHnCZ3.jpg

You know what? at first I was upset that we weren't getting an actual new model Monday reveal..... but I've changed my mind. Eternus (and the generic kit he is built from) are wonderful models that have interesting war and serious repercussions for the story. Be'lakor has successfully created his own named champion/"daemon prince" via corrupted Stormiest souls, and is seriously on the way to becoming a proper god in his own right. Will this new character actually advance the storyline in a meaningful way? who knows. Will we, the Warhammer Community, give this guy a better paint job? yes. Will I ask @MitGasand @Neverchosen for their opinion when I inevitably purchase this kit and convert him into a Tzeentchian Chaos Lord? most certainly. 

• LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Edit: Dont like the armour paint job, something is off about all the heavy blue lines everywhere. The point of focus shifts from the mount or the rider to the armor plates imho.

Edit2: Model is great. 

Not sure it's the paint job, model itself has about 18 points of focus.

The irony with modern GW sculpts is that simple jobs often bring out the models the best. The 'Eavy Metal edge highlight everything approach turns a lot of them into magic eye puzzles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Eternus - as cool as this model is - seems to be the same “mounted on large beast “ pose as the original Stormcast guy, Ossiarch guy, other Std guy etc… It’s almost as if they use the same core plastic of these models and reshape the textures. 
      He still looks cool though .

Edited by Lich King

27 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Be'lakor has successfully created his own named champion/"daemon prince" via corrupted Stormiest souls,

Well note they’re not corrupted, there’s a leaked except from the StD battletome that the Stormcast souls at least aren’t “helpless tortured” souls but angry lightning gheists trying to claw their way back to Azyr and blasting any Chaos entity they see with lightning. 

That’s how Eternus first died to be reforged, Belakor dragged him up there and the lightning gheists blasted them both, only singeing Belakor but turning Eternus into a burnt husk down to the bones. Belakor then began sucking up their souls and putting their energy into Eternus to reforge him for the first time.

It’s badass for both sides, Belakor tanking a ton of lightning strikes along with Chaos’ insidious nature to use souls like batteries and Stormcasts being so incorruptible even when surrounded by warp energy that it was the only thing Belakor could use them for as they continue being a threat to Chaos even as bodiless souls.(and can still be rescued by Stormcast crusaders)

I look forward to seeing how the Chaos civil war develops. Archaon seems to have his hell-armored hands full more and more each day.

Also really loving the Soulbound stuff. Nice touch that they genderswapped everyone to give them their own Soulbound style. 

Sadly can’t play as the City’s cool Death forces but that’s what the Death Champions supplement can fix. 😎 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Freeguild Guard obviously got stripped out because GW probably told them "we're updating the models, you can't do that."

I have been been thinking about that. If not being playable in Soulbound means new models are on the way, that also bodes well for Dispossessed and Wanderers. Not everything from Cities is out by default, by the way. Darkling Covens and Black Ark Corsairs are playable, for example.

EDIT: Worth noting, this is not total wishful thinking: Legions of Nagash were largely absent from the core book, likely because Gravelords were in the works.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • LOVE IT! 2

@Lich King

First thing that came to mind was the Knight of Shrouds on steed would like his pose back. 

Its interesting to see the full spectrum of design work coming out. This is totally high fantasty, straight out of WoW design. And now we're starting to see a just fantasy grounded in real life design. Things like Kruleboyz, a lot of the reggy humans, soulblight, the hunter ogor, hell even the new Eternals were a much more realistic looking design. This is definitely my preferred aesthetic. Over sized weapons, body proportions, weird anatomy, football shoulder pads have their fans and its good to see both able to co-exist. This however is just too much for me. But when I see things like the new hunter ogor (the more i look at him the more I like it), the witchhunter band, etc the future looks good to me. Even the new khorne fellas look good and I've never cared for that particular veggie on my design plate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1