The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Aren't the Crusades taking place all over the Realms though? It's just the AoS metaplot is focused on Ghur for now, rather than the Crusades themselves.

Fair point, but my point still stands, what happens when the narrative moves on and the crusades stop? 

6 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Fair point, but my point still stands, what happens when the narrative moves on and the crusades stop? 

From what we've seen so far a "dawnbringer crusade" is the group that sets out to attempt to found a new city, so as long as the cities of sigmar keep seeking to expand and found new cities the dawnbringer crusades will continue.
So basically from a narrative perspective they can exist until order wins and claims the realms.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, willange said:

Khorne Warband for warcry?

Posted on the AoS FB page.

DD7A2FC6-2C5F-409E-BE48-ACFC327BB4E0.jpeg

Khorne Underworlds Warband, followed by the Khorne and Tzeentch Battletomes and Warcry Warbands. Best case scenario, we get the rest of the Slaves to Darkness Winter box revealed. Greatest scenario: we get Chorfs and Dark Mechanicus teasers.

Edited by Twisted Firaun

20 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Khorne Underworlds Warband, followed by the Khorne and Tzeentch Battletomes and Warcry Warbands. Best case scenario, we get the rest of the Slaves to Darkness Winter box revealed. Greatest scenario: we get Chorfs and Dark Mechanicus teasers.

I'm afraid you're expecting too much... GW said this will only be an AoS, 40k, HH and Underworlds preview. So no Warcry (unfortunately). For Khorne, there should only be for Underworlds (maybe a surprise for World Eaters but I highly doubt that since they normally only come out early next year).

23 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

You are expecting too much. The previews are made to show the range releases for the next two or three months and, sometimes, a sneaky peak of a big release on a later date

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I'm afraid you're expecting too much... GW said this will only be an AoS, 40k, HH and Underworlds preview. So no Warcry (unfortunately). For Khorne, there should only be for Underworlds (maybe a surprise for World Eaters but I highly doubt that since they normally only come out early next year).

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You are expecting too much. The previews are made to show the range releases for the next two or three months and, sometimes, a sneaky peak of a big release on a later date

You’re both correct, I am hoping too much when it comes to Warcry and the chorfs/mechanicus. However, I do think my other predictions are relatively safe choices. We know Tzeentch and Lumineth are getting new tomes, and so far 2023 seems to be the Year of the Brass Bull (Khorne).

49 minutes ago, willange said:

Khorne Warband for warcry?

Posted on the AoS FB page.

DD7A2FC6-2C5F-409E-BE48-ACFC327BB4E0.jpeg

They could be showing off tons of the STD stuff in better quality/ framing. If they are winter, that either early Dec or Nov so its in line with the 2-3 months of "hype" cycle that GW seems to like to do for big factions updates/ releases.

Which would suck if that is a major part of the show, because we know a lot about them already. But it's possible?

Edited by Shankelton
  • Like 2

The fiery icons on blackish background is usually done for Slaves To Darkness. With the leaks already widespread, they might bring the reveals forward earlier than they planned (like the Daemon Prince) just to get some HD shots out there.

The full Khorne Warband seems a given, considering they have the a new icon for the next Underworlds season and they'd be a Nethermaze warband.

There's also the Disciples of Tzeentch (and Lumineth) Battletome to be revealed, but they might do what they did with FS/IDK and just reveal that in a Community article later.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

You go the way of the Black Templars and the crusading never stops lol

25 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

They could be showing off tons of the STD stuff in better quality/ framing. If they are winter, that either early Dec or Nov so its in line with the 2-3 months of "hype" cycle that GW seems to like to do for big factions updates/ releases.

Which would suck if that is a major part of the show, because we know a lot about them already. But it's possible?

winter start on December 21st so I am assuming that the bulk of the STD release would be release in January at the earliest.

however if there is an army box (which usually contain an early battle tone and other stuff) coming that could be release in November

30 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

You’re both correct, I am hoping too much when it comes to Warcry and the chorfs/mechanicus. However, I do think my other predictions are relatively safe choices. We know Tzeentch and Lumineth are getting new tomes, and so far 2023 seems to be the Year of the Brass Bull (Khorne).

careful now I remember people screeching about the Year of the Rat and there where zero skaven releases that year

5 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Dawnbringer is not faction, though.

Of course, and I know Dawnbringer Crusades are "events". I meant "DawnbringerS", as in, the human Crusaders from the Cities of Sigmar, which we know are getting a facelift. My point are they could be seen as an updated, AOSified faction inside of the whole Cities of Sigmar range(s), just like the Kruleboyzs were a new, AOSified faction inside the whole Orruk Warclans battletome.

(And indeed, CoS could have rules for garrison-like AND crusading armies).)

But I still hope the next brand "new" or at least imaginatively AOSified faction from the Old World arriving in AOS to be the Chaos Duardins. If we get both them and new Azyrite Humans in 2023, it'd be perfect.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Re-Reorganised my predictions!!

LRL and DOT Tomes.

SOB Tome and new mini.

Seasons of War Gallet and new Incarnate.

Khorne Underworlds Warband.

Totally reasonable and believable. I would be hyped to see all of this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can we expect a glimpse of the Cities of Sigmar at the Nova Open or is it just a dream?

When the army was announced during Warhammer Fest, they said we could follow the development of the project :

Over the coming months, you can follow those who take up the Coin Malleus – a sacred, symbolic payment given to members of a Dawnbringer Crusade – and join us on Warhammer Community as we journey through the Warhammer Studio’s development of this jaw-dropping project.

It's been four months now...

Just now, Draznak said:

Can we expect a glimpse of the Cities of Sigmar at the Nova Open or is it just a dream?

When the army was announced during Warhammer Fest, they said we could follow the development of the project :

It's been four months now...

It'll probably be Community articles unless something leaks like World Eaters. 

My hot take is once Votann are released, CoS/Dawnbringers will take their spot on the 'gradual reveal' tract. 

• Like 5