The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Looks like Warcry is going to get rolling updates: only Order downloads have been up and the warcom article basically confirms it.

I really hope this is a "Monday to Friday" rolling update and not "Once a week until release"

They said that destruction is tomorrow, so looks like "mon to fri" is it

So are they even going to bother releasing the physical compendium then?  Would it even be needed at all with everything they release for free online?  I've got to say this is a pleasant surprise coming from GW, but it'll be soured somewhat if they keep back some crucial piece that I still have to buy the actual book for.

Edited by willange

28 minutes ago, willange said:

So are they even going to bother releasing the physical compendium then?  Would it even be needed at all with everything they release for free online?  I've got to say this is a pleasant surprise coming from GW, but it'll be soured somewhat if they keep back some crucial piece that I still have to buy the actual book for.

Sound more like a lot of internal problems with the warcry release and them trying to smooth there release and cut their losses on something. I doubt they are doing this for the goodness of their hearts really

55 minutes ago, willange said:

Some of the YouTubers already have the physical book. There has been some kind of shipping problem that has delayed the book. I'm sure it was originally intended to release alongside the box set. There is nothing in the book that won't be on the pdfs. The only reason to get the book now is for the convenience. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

GW teased some nice Thryng Fyreslayers. Sure, they call them Votann Cthonian Berserks, but we know better.

Sl3vfZB4Fbf6P0kv.jpg

It’d be awesome if a Realm of Metal Fyreslayer Lodge like the Greyfyrds got financial and tech-backing from the Skyports so they could get stuff like plasma axes and flamethrower jet-packs(aetherpacks).

And alongside the Metalodroths they got a bunch of Aqshy salamanders & lesser drakes upgraded with Kharadron super-tech that plays off the creatures being so hot they generate their own Steam for advanced weapons to be powered on them but making it unsafe for any pilots save the Fyreslayers who are immune to the heat as the children of a fire god.

A bunch of great examples can be lifted from Duel Masters(whose gone so niche that barely anyone outside Japan would notice)

image.jpeg.12e48ee1bfd0b8e4a2739ee904981338.jpeg

image.jpeg.1e2cfd00f6827c4ba11e1a068d612c46.jpeg

image.jpeg.a6a6a06e4e120404635d321691cfe139.jpeg

(gyrocopters eat your heart out)

Also fun, looking up armored dragons I saw the Stormcast Stardrake heads the trope wiki page in it. Awesome!

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArmoredDragons
IMG_0567.png

10 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The Enlightener is incluided too so the rumours of a new temple seems a bit more fake.

Oh there’s rumor-mongers actually expecting the River Temple now?

That needs a proper big release so I’m more than happy to wait a few more years for it than whatever scattered release we’d get now.

Underwater lumineth priests, fast and agile water spirits and the massive pachyderm sages the temple venerates mentioned twice in the White Dwarfs now:

image.jpeg.9dba645a70f4d26e46fe8c261f0a1ab8.jpeg

I imagine a temple that does a little bit of both what Mountain & Wind can do (tanky elephant/hippo/tapir sages and speedy water wraiths) but doesn’t excel in one area because like water it’s supposed to be versatile(ice not as hard as rock and water flows not as fast as wind).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I was able to check a couple of the cards from my Thunderstrike box with the new download. They do completely invalidate the printed cards lmao. And not just the points, but also stat rebalances.

@Ogregut well you're going to have to print out these new cards anyway if you play Warcry 2. Any printed ones are now obsolete and I'm not paying another 20 bucks or whatever for cards that replace the box I bought like 3 months ago. I agree that it's nice to have boxes that include whatever you need--that's why I bought the dang boxes. However, GW's model is clearly failing and is costing both us and them more money than necessary.

I’ve actually already managed to update my existing cards through a highly complex process that I couldn’t possibly explain in layman’s terms 

8B8BFFBB-A5AE-4C20-A7ED-40FC9C08A656.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 17
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A Nito crossover with Dark Souls?

71rcPDZlXWSE8J5t.jpg

In all seriousness, my guess is Cursed City expansion.

Best Rumour Engine we've had in months!!

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Screams cursed city to me 

Please GW, Please give us proper Werewolves for AOS. After Radukhar we know you can do it!!

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Or the beard of a new Gargant

I cannot wait to see the new Mega. I am so damn excited!!

2 hours ago, Sarges said:

image.png.16520b32bf664091ea751e234d51b080.png

This is an excellent guess mate!! Id love to ser more FEC.

21 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

So it is connected to King Brodd

IF IT IS...SWEET BEHEMAT IM BARELY HOLDING IT TOGETHER...

• Like 1