The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

It actually made me sell them. I started with some Primaris but i just couldnt get myself to work on them so i traded them for more Orruks. To me Primaris are what Ironjaws are to the old orks when AoS started. Its a totally different army thats added to the Astartes that will get removed i think 10th edition to be honest as they are not really supported anyway. I actually thought they would remove the Astartes 9th edition.

I get it that if u are a Primaris collector it could be fun. But for me its the second time an army of mine lost support (1st one being o&g) and i just dont want to experience again. I'll put my 1000+ points Space Wolves on the shelf to look good or use for a small battle but i wont invest in expanding the army. I just hope they dont oversaturate 40k with Marines. I for one like the Xenos way more.

You like Xenos more, yet bought Space Marines? ;) They oversaturated 40k with marines almost since day 1.

SM are cool, no doubt about it but the Primaris transition made it extra hard on people that don't particularly care for them as GW had to replace so many kits. I think they should've just upscaled all marines and be done with it, no need for Primaris lore. 

Apparently Primaris Terminators will come soon. And they actually look like the old ones but upsized. Which is awesome in my book, so I'm glad those at least come. But I'd also rather see more stuff for other races. GW certainly plays favorites with some armies and actually creates an imbalance on purpose I think by expanding the armies that sell well so that they will sell even better. Understandable but in the long run it has its drawbacks for the health of the game.

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

You like Xenos more, yet bought Space Marines? ;) They oversaturated 40k with marines almost since day 1.

Bought Eldar first ;). 

Still dont get why they need like 20 humanoid armies excluding Chaos and have like 7 Xenos armies. I think its a shame Votann looks so much like a humanoid army. It just doesnt represent the whole galaxy. We need more armies like Tau that just show up and claim their part and pull back some on the Marines. But thats just me.

Edit: Not Saying i dont like Marines. I just dont like Primaris. I dont like the look of a mixed Primaris/Astartes army and dont want to invest in a new army again.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Bought Eldar first ;). 

Still dont get why they need like 20 humanoid armies excluding Chaos and have like 7 Xenos armies. I think its a shame Votann looks so much like a humanoid army. It just doesnt represent the whole galaxy. We need more armies like Tau that just show up and claim their part and pull back some on the Marines. But thats just me.

Edit: Not Saying i dont like Marines. I just dont like Primaris. I dont like the look of a mixed Primaris/Astartes army and dont want to invest in a new army again.

40K just needs to stop releasing Marines for an Edition and focus on Xenos and Chaos. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

It actually made me sell them. I started with some Primaris but i just couldnt get myself to work on them so i traded them for more Orruks. To me Primaris are what Ironjaws are to the old orks when AoS started. Its a totally different army thats added to the Astartes that will get removed i think 10th edition to be honest as they are not really supported anyway. I actually thought they would remove the Astartes 9th edition.

I get it that if u are a Primaris collector it could be fun. But for me its the second time an army of mine lost support (1st one being o&g) and i just dont want to experience again. I'll put my 1000+ points Space Wolves on the shelf to look good or use for a small battle but i wont invest in expanding the army. I just hope they dont oversaturate 40k with Marines. I for one like the Xenos way more.

I actually feel this way about Stormcast in AoS. I went all in on Primaris-only for a new 40k army and the relatively limited range of Primaris models really helped me as a casual player by limiting the options available. I've accumulated a lot of Stormcast through various boxsets and try as a I might, I just can't get into them and find the roster overwhelming and confusing. Conversely AoS armies with smaller, yet pretty complete rosters like say Sylvaneth, I really like. There's a tool for each job but it's not bloated with redundant options. As more of a collector/painter this allows me to buy pretty much the whole range and enjoy just having the models.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

They have material to make Blood Angels, Dark Angels or Space Wolves special units Primaris for various editions.

U can put the Hounds of Morkai next to the normal Reivers and i cant tell the difference. Also the Upgrade packs are just different shoulder pads + minimal extras. Compared to the multi part kits like Grey Hunters that are packed with loads of stuff it just feels flat.

Edit:

I also feel like this is a thing GW also does with AoS a lot more lately. Kits keep getting less options. The bits box for my Nighthaunt has like 3 pieces in it at the moment. Compared to the hundreds of pieces i have left from my old O&G stuff. It takes away a bit of fun while building and personalizing my armies.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Looks a bit small to be a mace, even one on the end of a weapon.

All I can think of is some sort of grenade like on the end of the new Witch Hunter crossbow, though it has a different design. Doesn't look like the Hobgrot Slittaz' ones, so probably not Chorfs.

With the way the hand is holding it my first thought went to scepter or rod, honestly. Like a commander or caster/priest type model.

32 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Looks a bit small to be a mace, even one on the end of a weapon.

All I can think of is some sort of grenade like on the end of the new Witch Hunter crossbow, though it has a different design. Doesn't look like the Hobgrot Slittaz' ones, so probably not Chorfs.

I'm personally betting on a FEC "artist" with a mace instead of a paintbrush.  It's the kind of fun thing I think FEC could pull off.

• Like 2

The way the weapon is held makes it look like a blowpipe or something similar that is being aimed at something. Or something thats held in a kungfu style pose, it could be the end of a nunchuck. The lack of pointy nails makes me think its not Destruction or Death.

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

U can put the Hounds of Morkai next to the normal Reivers and i cant tell the difference. Also the Upgrade packs are just different shoulder pads + minimal extras. Compared to the multi part kits like Grey Hunters that are packed with loads of stuff it just feels flat.

Edit:

I also feel like this is a thing GW also does with AoS a lot more lately. Kits keep getting less options. The bits box for my Nighthaunt has like 3 pieces in it at the moment. Compared to the hundreds of pieces i have left from my old O&G stuff. It takes away a bit of fun while building and personalizing my armies.

The Hounds of Morkai are just the reiver kit, with a space wolf upgrade sprue. Eventually the Wolves and Angels of each type are no doubt going to get releases like the recent Black Templar one, proper chapter specific Primaris kits. 

Edited by Still-young

3 hours ago, Boss Casman said:

I bring the latest rumour engine: tG3FyX9aTo25JN8I.jpg.58a02b021c7982cf757bb62e031387ee.jpg

Looks like its either being casually held across the shoulders but the hand position is too odd for that

I say its on the wrong angle and is a staff/halberd type weapon with mace on the end being held in a more martial arts style 

gr staff yong.jpg

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not AoS related but...

New trailer from Total War with our good ol'Azazel:

I really dig his new design, compared to his old model or the new Concept Art:

Azazel01.jpg.e6335a56c009b9e4a951848d22ecb727.jpgAzazel02.jpg.5b59159e19d8cb86602d961aadb52fe2.jpg

Stuff like this makes me pray to god (actual god, not chaos) that GW will use the total war models as a base for updated/new models throughout the hobby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Not AoS related but...

New trailer from Total War with our good ol'Azazel:

I really dig his new design, compared to his old model or the new Concept Art:

Azazel01.jpg.e6335a56c009b9e4a951848d22ecb727.jpgAzazel02.jpg.5b59159e19d8cb86602d961aadb52fe2.jpg

Oh, they really gave Azazel a ton of character. When he laughs at the end, he somehow reminds me a bit of the Rammstein singer who sometimes also has this particular mix of honest glee and slight insanity going on. Khorne Lord is a beast too, they certainly get the looks right.

I still don't understand how the old Champions of Chaos book could describe people being unable to resist Azazel's allure though. He's certainly no Sigvald. Guess he got that Prince Xizor pheromone thing going on. 😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boss Casman said:

I bring the latest rumour engine: tG3FyX9aTo25JN8I.jpg.58a02b021c7982cf757bb62e031387ee.jpg

As an alternative, what if this is a banner pole, and the mace end is actually the end of the banner cross section and this is someone's arm chained up with perhaps their back flayed and presented like below. So maybe Kruleboyz or Slaves to Darkness? Its just such an awkward pose for that to be a weapon being wielded IMHO. image.png.6617cbc0f4685d9e37debe33e9663a3b.png

7 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Bought Eldar first ;). 

Yeah, I think AoS really needs less Aelfs and they really need to update the rest of the Eldar range ASAP (time to roll your eyes again, Alpharius). Some of them went to kindergarten with the Seraphon and Skaven minis, they're that old. 

Chaos, apart from Khorne (coming soon) and Slaanesh really don't need much love. Of course, a kit here or there is always welcome but Chaos has never been as healthy as they are now overall. It's a great time for us, really. if I had any wish, it would be that it would be easier/better to mix and match the Chaos forces. I love forces made out of various very different units instead of just marines for example.

So yeah, I totally agree with you - 40k needs a year of Xenos. I'm glad we're getting Space Dwarves, as their loss has been lamented since I first started but a bit more alien stuff would be cool. Perhaps as part of Tau or something. 

Oh and my biggest wish: A plastic lictor. Dunno why but I love those things.Would instantly buy a plastic one (love the new bat-nid and malanthrope too).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

As an alternative, what if this is a banner pole, and the mace end is actually the end of the banner cross section and this is someone's arm chained up with perhaps their back flayed and presented like below. So maybe Kruleboyz or Slaves to Darkness? Its just such an awkward pose for that to be a weapon being wielded IMHO. image.png.6617cbc0f4685d9e37debe33e9663a3b.png

My knowledge of rumor engine history is weak.  Do they often take the picture at odd angles?

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

40K just needs to stop releasing Marines for an Edition and focus on Xenos and Chaos. 

If Marines make up 40% of your annual sales, you make more marines, that's just pure business. If tyrranids sold as well as space marine's, you'd see a lot more of them.

These days im a little burned out of the 40K edition wars and powercreep. Our local group has been playing OnePageRules for the last few months. We can still use our 40K models (or AOS), and can get a game done in an hour, allowing for multiple matches in an evening. Its been really nice. 

On the other hand we still play AoS. We find the system more balanced than 40K. 

Have there been any updates on the reboot of Cursed City? I'd love to see some expansion sets for that game. If I remember correctly GW was going to relaunch it this fall?? Though I've heard even less about that than upcoming AoS releases. 

Not that I really need more of the board game, I just want more tasty vampire miniatures.