The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Gloomspite received like 3 Celestial Tomes? One for each subfaction. I'm sure about Troggoths and Squigs and I own these WD issues. But it didn't help Gloomspite much. They need most of their warscrolls updated on par with allegiance abilities.

That's just a sneaky way to get people to pay for three white dwarfs.

Pay about as much as a tome, get less*!

*If you aren't interested in the rest of the magazine

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

a Kruleboyz wave 2 seems improbable.

I call to stand Lumineth Wave 2 (2021).

In all seriousness, I could see a new wave that fleshes out the Hobgrots happening sooner rather than later.

The new War Cry edition moving things to Ghur also seems an obvious way to include more Kruelboy kits, even if it's a one off unit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I call to stand Lumineth Wave 2 (2021).

In all seriousness, I could see a new wave that fleshes out the Hobgrots happening sooner rather than later.

The new War Cry edition moving things to Ghur also seems an obvious way to include more Kruelboy kits, even if it's a one off unit.

Hobgrots would be a good bet. Perhaps one of the Destruction Warbands for Warcry is a Hobgrot unit?

On the Reddit post people are saying Khorne. Maybe the Khornaite Underworlds Warband?

Maybe these RE's are the Witch Hunter Warband to accompany it?!

2021-05-11.jpg

HlaoJCMsypp3VxwW.jpg.598dbfd553ff2cad6104225af6c15669.jpg

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hobgrots would be a good bet. Perhaps one of the Destruction Warbands for Warcry is a Hobgrot unit?

On the Reddit post people are saying Khorne. Maybe the Khornaite Underworlds Warband?

Maybe these RE's are the Witch Hunter Warband to accompany it?!

2021-05-11.jpg

HlaoJCMsypp3VxwW.jpg.598dbfd553ff2cad6104225af6c15669.jpg

I forgot about that dire squirrel looking thing. I hope we see alive versions of that lil cutey. Its a cool looking critter. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely!! Im hoping with the switch to Ghur, the monsters we get arent Chaotic.

Well we already know the 4 armed centaur is. 

The trogg hag would be a fantastic inclusion as a ghur monster. With the ability to be taken across all of destro. Just saying. 

The teaser seemed to have a cockatrice in it. It would be a great time to update that beastie as well. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 7/3/2022 at 1:29 PM, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I saw your post on the thread, also thanks for reminding me that I need to update it soon, and I loved what you wrote. In regards to your Darkmech or HH problem, pick the one that you have more of an attachment to, and then add the other as an extremely small allied detachment that you can grow later.

I am now leaning towards Death Guard as we are setting our narrative on a sector full of junk worlds, my friend is building a Genestealer Army of Scrapers and another friend is going Orks... I am now thinking that I will make my army the former 'protectors' of the sector and ruling elite that got infected with a demonic virus while in their closed hermetic and authoritarian positions, and caused the sector to fall even further into chaos ruin. Kind of like a science fiction version of the Masque of the Red Death. Now they are sickly enforcers that use massive machines to impose their will.

13 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

It’s either a Chorf slave master, or something for the Nurgle Warband (the chains resemble the Tri-lobe).

Good catch on the Nurgle Symbol it is pretty subtle and easy to miss if it is the case. I would love this to be Chorfs, Nighthaunt or Kruel Boyz but I think the Nurgle guess makes a ton of sense considering the symbology. Alternatively we are getting World Eaters soon and it could be tied to that release.

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely!! Im hoping with the switch to Ghur, the monsters we get arent Chaotic.

I really want to see a large Unicorn designed as an adversary to the Mindstealer Sphiranx. I still feel that Unicorns are treated as positive figures in most mythologies and I would love if that was reflected in the game in an interesting way. I feel like a unicorn unit could invert the Sphrianx's negative effects on enemies with buffs on allies. 

I just don't know what army it would work with, maybe Sylvaneth and it could be a type of spite? 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Well we already know the 4 armed centaur is. 

The trogg hag would be a fantastic inclusion as a ghur monster. With the ability to be taken across all of destro. Just saying. 

The teaser seemed to have a cockatrice in it. It would be a great time to update that beastie as well. 

Trogg Hag plastic sculpt would be a dream. Id love a wandering type Troggoth model or another perfect excuse to update the Mancrusher!!

8 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am now leaning towards Death Guard as we are setting our narrative on a sector full of junk worlds, my friend is building a Genestealer Army of Scrapers and another friend is going Orks... I am now thinking that I will make my army the former 'protectors' of the sector and ruling elite that got infected with a demonic virus while in their closed hermetic and authoritarian positions, and caused the sector to fall even further into chaos ruin. Kind of like a science fiction version of the Masque of the Red Death. Now they are sickly enforcers that use massive machines to impose their will.

Good catch on the Nurgle Symbol it is pretty subtle and easy to miss if it is the case. I would love this to be Chorfs, Nighthaunt or Kruel Boyz but I think the Nurgle guess makes a ton of sense considering the symbology. Alternatively we are getting World Eaters soon and it could be tied to that release.

I really want to see a large Unicorn designed as an adversary to the Mindstealer Sphiranx. I still feel that Unicorns are treated as positive figures in most mythologies and I would love if that was reflected in the game in an interesting way. I feel like a unicorn unit could invert the Sphrianx's negative effects on enemies with buffs on allies. 

I just don't know what army it would work with, maybe Sylvaneth and it could be a type of spite? 

A Unicorn with an AOS twist could be absolutely terrifying!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

IMG_20220706_130131.jpg

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

The witch hunter warband were meant to have some dogs, right? That's probably a collar for that

Definitely dogs. I wonder if theyll be a classic hound or an AOS creature?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/06/dont-miss-your-last-chance-to-get-the-first-free-warhammer-exclusive-miniatures/

I wonder if we will see the next years WH+ minis this weekend?