The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Horizons said:

I generally agree except for the fact Stormcast has a lot of models that will now be taken instead of the Stormdrakes and Justicars. SCE were very much in a position of lots of A/B tier units outshined by S tier ones.

Judicators (Xbows), Chariots, Fulminators, Annihilators, Liberators, Vanquishers, Vindictors will all be seeing plays now.

You do have a lot of stinkers but I'd be really shocked if SCE  don't top 5 any tournaments.

Most of the units you have mentioned were already appearing on well performing lists, albeit overshadowed by Stormdrakes and longstrike raptors. The "uncompetitive" units I have mentioned in my comment are far, far more abysmal than those you have listed.

For example anyone riding Stardrake, Lord-Celestants of all kind, most of Lord-Arcanums, Lord-Veritant, Lord-Ordinator, Knight- Arcanum, Knight-Azyros, Knight-Venator, Knight-Relictor, Knight-Questor, Knight-Zephyros, Sequitors, Celestar Ballistas, Evocators on Foot, Castigators, Vanguard-Palladors, Prosecutors, Vigilors, Hurricane Crossbow Vanguard-Raptors...and so on.

I can confidently assure that these units will never, ever be used in competitive games and even most of the casual games. 

In other words, I think latest balance update do almost nothing to considerably shake up Stormcast internal balance. Maybe some more vanquishers due to Galletian Veterans rule, but not strictly  because of Stormcast balance update.

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Horizons said:

I generally agree except for the fact Stormcast has a lot of models that will now be taken instead of the Stormdrakes and Justicars. SCE were very much in a position of lots of A/B tier units outshined by S tier ones.

Judicators (Xbows), Chariots, Fulminators, Annihilators, Liberators, Vanquishers, Vindictors will all be seeing plays now.

You do have a lot of stinkers but I'd be really shocked if SCE  don't top 5 any tournaments.

Liberators, Judis, Chariots, Fulms, and especially Annihilators have all still been taken in non-spam lists already though?

Vanquishers MIGHT see more play as Galatian Veterans since they don't need a 2" range but they also require 10 models to use their music/banner abilities...which means you're required to use at least 1 reinforcement on them to make them viable. It's a big point investment for not a great return.

Vigilors is also a heavy Might; their points are so close to Judicators that they could easily be passed over because they have less range and don't do mortals on their bows. If I wanted to shoot at 18" I'd probably take Castigators since they do D3 damage now.

I'm honestly surprised by that Grinnin' Blades change. Felt like Big Yellas was rather over-rated and this was already their best sub-faction if you wanted to actually play the objective game, now it is the strongest by far.

The Seraphon change is nice. Won't knock them down by much, but a subtle nudge that also makes thematic sense.

Would've liked to see something for Ogors, but oh well.

Edited by Vastus

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I honestly can't wait to read this. We don't often see books about life under one of Nagash's rule (even if via proxy), much less about the Ossiarchs. The last bit of lore these guys had gotten outside of combat was a short story in the prelude to Broken Realms, where we learn that the upper levels/officers seem to enjoy playing three-dimensional chess and discussing the coming Necrotopia. I really want to see what a town devoted to the production of the bone-tithe functions, and can't wait to peer into the mind of one of Nagash's "elite" undead once more.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

The gloomspite change seems rather nice. Rally on a 4+ under the bad moon for moon clan (and not just moon clan grots, effects squigs as well) seems really nice. 

Units WW 12 of the loonshrine always counting as under the bad moon is a really solid change as well. Deploy it at the front of your deployment zone and have a pretty nasty bulkhead forward.

• Like 1

I think I misunderstood your point. I thought you were arguing that SCE were losing all it's most powerful tools and now had nowhere to go.

I agree, the changes aren't going to make any of the weaker units stronger. Knight Questors, Azyros will stay on the shelf. Evocators won't see play. etc. The change made the gap between S tier units and A tier units smaller. Did not effect the others.

That's the issue with books with tons of Warscrolls unfortunately. GW doesn't have, or doesn't allocate enough ressources to look at every book and try to fix internal balance. I know my Sisters of the Watch always jealously look at Irondrakes and wonder why points can't be swapped.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mutton said:

And with a couple of simple word changes, Grinnin' Blades became one of the best sub factions in the game.

I can't wait to see what people bring to the table. Let's go vulcha-heroes!!!

Btw, still waiting for KO FAQs...

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

It's coming on Saturday as stated in the article. 

Yesss!!!

Hope that all rules are clear and understandable and see how diferent we've been playing since AOS 3.0 release 🤣

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Hope that all rules are clear and understandable and see how diferent we've been playing since AOS 3.0 release 🤣

True. Though I still fail to understand how the problem came into being in the first place. It never crossed my mind (before I learned of this controversy) that you cannot move the ship after disembarking the unit, when the rule states that units cannot join or leave this model’s garrison if it has made a move or flown high in the same phase (they can join or leave before it does so).

16 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

"Finally, those with eagle eyes may have noticed a new hero name in the Lumineth Realm-lords section of the Points Update. It’s a typical aelven gambit, but rest assured your questions will be answered sooner than you expect…"

Well that is interesting. Wonder when they will start showing off the new LRL or the book or box?

New Model Monday next week...? One can hope...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

"Finally, those with eagle eyes may have noticed a new hero name in the Lumineth Realm-lords section of the Points Update. It’s a typical aelven gambit, but rest assured your questions will be answered sooner than you expect…"

Well that is interesting. Wonder when they will start showing off the new LRL or the book or box?

24 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

New Model Monday next week...? One can hope...

I agree New Model Monday alongside maybe the Tome official reveal. Following week could do the Tzeentch model and Tome and then finally the following week the Dual Box?

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

39 minutes ago, Flippy said:

True. Though I still fail to understand how the problem came into being in the first place. It never crossed my mind (before I learned of this controversy) that you cannot move the ship after disembarking the unit, when the rule states that units cannot join or leave this model’s garrison if it has made a move or flown high in the same phase (they can join or leave before it does so).

From my POV, that rules was written with 2.0 in mind. That means that this rules followed the same basis of Garrison rules, just with that little input: units cannot join or leave this model’s garrison if it has made a move or flown high in the same phase (they can join or leave before it does so).

AoS 3.0 changed how the main Garrison rules work, so even if that parenthesis could be used in 3.0 (surpassing this new rules), it was made for another edition and that's were the problem comes from.

Nobody knows how this rule should be played, both sides have their own arguments and there was at least two big tournaments playing with the old 2.0 rules (can disembark before the ship has moved, but the passengers can't move after leaving the ship). Time will tell if KOs have been cheating or not since 3 july of 2021 XD

3 hours ago, Talas said:

Well, at least they say that The Hunt is over...

No one like the Hunt rules ( or people forgot about it because of how hard scoring has become)

seeing no change to Ogors and Sons, it possible could reaffirm  that they are the two destruction tome in the fall

• Like 3

I like this battlescroll update a lot!  Khorne not losing all their points when they use any blood tithe power/summon is a nice little benefit.  Additional Slaanesh drops seems good.  OBR and FEC changes are small boosts, but nice to have.  Took away the gimmick Living City (but it'll still be a decent choice without that).  I also like the bonesplitterz change for my big stabbas!  

I don't have any complaints!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Because GW only reacts to such widespread outcry with nerfs. Then it takes them years of trivial buffs to make the faction playable again, then the edition resets.

This exactly what happened in 2nd. 6 months of gardus and Evocators then the whole faction went in the bin until 3rd.

IDD that there were issues. They needed to change, but they were also the two pillars holding the book up. Not only did GW strip them out, they didn’t lower the points of those units, or adjust any other truly awful warscrolls. 

Any granularity got lost in the sheer outcry. Well here we are.

So criticise GW for overreacting or something, but don’t tell folks to not raise their concerns. That’s my whole point.

I agree that the SCE book (and to some degree the warclans) falls short of the quality the rest of the third edition books have brought. Many units are redundant & kind of a dead weight. There should be a conversation evolving around that! A path forward.
Just, aim it at the right people & don’t vent at people that have had no say in the solutions.

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I also like how none of the actually good/high tier books got touched at all.

Seraphon nerf is so slight touch it’s invisible.

DoK still packing double tap shooting and that’s not even their best list.

Fly spam literally hasn’t changed it’s still incredible.

Sentinels and wind spirits are still untouched after 2-3 years.

SCE get 2 good things and they are nuked out of orbit within 12 months. Dragons are the only unit to get nerfed before they are released and eat 4 successive nerfs in a row.

seraphon would have been hit hard with this change, skink tarpits? deleted, tons of ultrasquishy support heros? even squishier. but will keep being good for new rules making saurus balanced finally.

new doks didnt win anything still, maybe too soon.

sentinels and foxes has been ok since the beginning despite the haters, in fact lumineths arent even cloose to top tier in numbers, despite the haters claim to be autowin army.

sce had lot of broken things, had to be touched.

but u are right in one thing, some top armys were firgotten like  nurgle was stomping tourneys and didnt get any nerfs, first prince was the top above seraphons and only got a little change.

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Well I think with LRL the NPE argument probably won out in the end as too much of there stuff are hard to justify or defend the stuff they can do. A couple of threads about least favorite army and army you hate playing against alway had a lot of people agreeing that realmlords being one of them. Maybe it a good thing that they are getting an overhaul sooner rather then later (at least it not a third wave lol) since they are so stigmatize and NPE that even players don’t want to play them

i know I ain’t changing my mind until total eclipse is erased from existence lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, novakai said:

Well I think with LRL the NPE argument probably won out in the end as too much of there stuff are hard to justify or defend the stuff they can do. A couple of threads about least favorite army and army you hate playing against alway had a lot of people agreeing that realmlords being one of them. Maybe it a good thing that they are getting an overhaul sooner rather then later (at least it not a third wave lol) since they are so stigmatize and NPE that even players don’t want to play them

i know I ain’t changing my mind until total eclipse is erased from existence lol

Yeah, the complains aren't that they're overpowered as a faction, but that they have two units are actively unfun to play against. A lot of people report having a less-good time when they play against those units, regardless of whether or not they win the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1