The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/19/sunday-preview-kill-maim-and-requisition-with-codex-chaos-space-marines/

Finally we are starting to see the Chaos Space Marines released. The quicker their out, the quicker we're back to AOS!!

Is there anything else, aside from WarCry, that was shown at Warhammer fest that hasn’t been released yet? (Excluding the Ogroids that I assume are coming out with the tome in November)

18 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

So I am new to this game, but do the points changes seem tame across the board? Do a 5 or 10 point increase really change list building for 2000 point games? I really do not know!!

Like I always figure constant point changes allows GW to shake up the meta and try new things. Especially since they do this every 6 months and can always reverse the changes.

I come from Star Wars Legion and while the point changes were mostly tame they often looked at the least taken units and just buffed the ****** out of them for six months lol.

Yeah no they make no difference whatsoever and yet they still make these tiny changes all the time. No one in the world is looking at the Exalted Deathbringer in Khorne and thinking "oh man, he went from 85 to 80 points, he's totally playable now! I can't wait to put him on the table!". They either seem to be so strapped for time that they can't playtest properly so the changes are made as small and as safe as possible, or they just don't know some factions well enough to identify the issues.

To make it even better this year they added in these monumental shifts in how the game is played. By playtester admission (the guy from facehammer) they have no clue what the impact will be and so couldn't possibly anticipate what points they should change and how much. Not to mention that the book battle tactics and grand strategies were tested and balanced against the previous rules instead of this new and harder season. I totally understand that they're hesitant to make big changes to the points while they're making such big changes to the game, but that begs obvious questions like 'why are they making such fundamental changes to the game of they can't anticipate what will happen?' and 'if they have no idea what the changes will cause and they have no clue what the points should be, why are they charging people $60 for this product?'.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

Good news for all of you who are tired of the Gitz destroying the meta for the previous month's!

Not only are gitz mounted on squigs not GV and thereby being able to count as three or contest certain objectives, but they also seem to lack the possibility to fight in two ranks since as I understand it that is tied to being GV.

Seems like my squig army will collect some more dust for this Generals handbook year.

• Sad 4

4 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Good news for all of you who are tired of the Gitz destroying the meta for the previous month's!

Not only are gitz mounted on squigs not GV and thereby being able to count as three or contest certain objectives, but they also seem to lack the possibility to fight in two ranks since as I understand it that is tied to being GV.

Seems like my squig army will collect some more dust for this Generals handbook year.

On the other hand three of your units get +1 dmg vs those big units. Plus there's less resilience to your monstrous rampages from your mangler...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

Is there anything else, aside from WarCry, that was shown at Warhammer fest that hasn’t been released yet? (Excluding the Ogroids that I assume are coming out with the tome in November)

Did the cool Black Library Models drop?
Drekki-Flynt.png
Cado.png

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/19/sunday-preview-kill-maim-and-requisition-with-codex-chaos-space-marines/

Finally we are starting to see the Chaos Space Marines released. The quicker their out, the quicker we're back to AOS!!

e3xat200ihx81.png
I dunno it looks like we are getting some new Chaos Spawn/Demon Princes from the CSM launch to me!

I have finally dipped my toes into 40k with the Chaos Knight Box and it is primarily so that I can proxy my S2D into a futuristic setting, and use the cooler/fantasy 40k models in AOS. It is largely an excuse to get some Ogoroids and tell people they are demons... or these pretty folk and run them as Chaos Spawn in AOS...
I am just divided on getting HH and calling it a day for the infantry side and getting a new game system, or do I use Chaos Space Marine models try and track down the old start collecting because the new Combat Patrol is really boring? If I go HH I will run Dark Angels and have a narrative project about them becoming Fallen Angels, Bastian Carthalos will be 100 percent run as a Primarch in this scenario! If I go Start Collecting than I am pretty much stuck proxying and going Word Bearer Mutant heavy... I personally like both options.

41 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

So I am new to this game, but do the points changes seem tame across the board? Do a 5 or 10 point increase really change list building for 2000 point games? I really do not know!!

Like I always figure constant point changes allows GW to shake up the meta and try new things. Especially since they do this every 6 months and can always reverse the changes.

I come from Star Wars Legion and while the point changes were mostly tame they often looked at the least taken units and just buffed the ****** out of them for six months lol.

I have had a single unit change 10-20 points and it make my entire army 30-60 points and that can be a lot. I remember both Chaos Warriors and knights going down and getting 100 additional points to play with. So I think it can depend on certain things and how hard and fast you hold to 2000 points being a limit. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Not yet, but I’d imagine they’ll be released along side the books that haven’t shown up on Black Library’s Coming Soon page yet. Although it looks like that’s due for an update. So they could be coming soon

https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

• LOVE IT! 2

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I dunno it looks like we are getting some new Chaos Spawn/Demon Princes from the CSM launch to me!

There are quite a lot of chaos models still waiting going all the way back to solo releases for Eldritch Omens and Kill Team Nachmund to all the new models they showed of at Warhammer Fest.

But for some reason they are not releasing them at the same time as the codex which would be the prime time for that which sounds like some kind of problem to me.

• Thanks 1

I'm guessing the only real blow to Gitz is to Grots/Troggs en masse, since both are purely GV.  That said, the problem with Troggoths was never "drat, I don't have enough of them" so their BH weakness as battleline is only so bad - if anything running them in the GV battalion can enable them to score when they otherwise wouldn't, which alongside the new GV objectives can be omni-important.  And Grots have nets and a 5+ save at least, keeping BH's a bit more honest if nothing else.  Really it's Gargants/big bois and ranged units that have been the major problems for Gitz in 3.0, not necessarily anything that now qualifies as a BH.  And Grots can be pretty nasty BH's themselves with Snufflers buffing them!

Endless spells getting buffed is actually quite nice for Gitz.  They enable a critical mass of things going on for the army where otherwise most of its hopes and dreams are in Manglers or blobs of immobile infantry.  They need Skragrott or a Webspinner on Arachnarok to cast them effectively, but the Gitz endless spells can dish out a ton of mortals over just a couple turns!  Other endless spells being cheaper/better is also really nice.

Bounderz' lances already have 2" reach; it's their squigs that have a mere 1", but they can at least be sawtooth'ed or just split into 5's to compensate.  For Hoppers it's still a big deal as their squigs are 99% of their melee weapons, but at least they're still mobile and can be run as a non-GV battleline in Squig lists.  Same goes for Spider Riders, although they're only deserving of so much praise themselves haha.

29 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean the next AoS release (outside side game) Isn’t slated until Fall, we shouldn’t expect anything until September at the earliest at this point in time 

Recently we have seen 4-6 weeks time between dual army box release   ( fury of the deep,arena of shades, echoes of doom) and related battletomes release.

Next battletomes are due in fall which starts 21st September ,so we could have a dual army box in the second half of August. ( probably Lumineth vs Tzeentch)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Nope, they’re too busy clocking up the schedule with I-Could-Not-Care-Less-thy-K

or to be more specific: >Anubis Hearsay< or what it was called again.

On the upside: Selling my armies makes actual profit now since the prices did rise that much within the past 5 years.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Recently we have seen 4-6 weeks time between dual army box release   ( fury of the deep,arena of shades, echoes of doom) and related battletomes release.

Next battletomes are due in fall which starts 21st September ,so we could have a dual army box in the second half of August. ( probably Lumineth vs Tzeentch)

I mean they have yet to reveal anything so far. The next reveal show that usually happen is NOVA which isn’t until the last day of August this year.

37 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Id love to see this. What new Lumineth model would we see do you think?

3 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

You really are new here... :D

If the points are way off for a model, it takes several updates until they are at a somewhat correct value. And that's if GW is feeling brazen. I think Manfred von Carstein still holds the record for dropping from 440 or so to 320p in 20p increments since they started doing these updates (when it was still Legions of Nagash) :D

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Id love to see this. What new Lumineth model would we see do you think?

It already been named in the GHB as an Scinari Enlightener, probably just another foot hero yoga posing on a rock 😂

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

It already been named in the GHB as an Scinari Enlightener, probably just another foot hero yoga posing on a rock 😂

I would like to think that we could extrapolate anything from that name, but I looked at the other Scinari names and I am pretty sure they are just random names pulled from a bag. ........................................ I mean they also yoga pose on a mount, in the air, or on another elf?

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Although those possessed cultists would make amazing generic daemons is a legions of the first prince army.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, novakai said:

And Tzeentch is supposedly getting a new Curseling in plastic. They showed off his staff previously in the video where everything was in shadow. Apparently, this box set and the accompanying Battletomes were supposed to drop before the GHB but all the battle boxes got pushed back. 

• Like 1

The video where everything is in shadow previewed the new chaos sorcerer lord who ia supposed to be a w+ exclusive. I had took a guess awhile back on a rumor engine of a tzeentch staff and said it looks like the curslings and got a like by ours truley whitefang master mystic of rumor thread lore.

• Like 1

A bit unrelated to everything: Does anyone have any clue about when the new Gotrek novel is coming out in audiobook format? Looking at a number of sites, it seems like that is expected to be released, but I can't find any dates...

I've really enjoyed listening to the last few on long walks, but perhaps I will buy this one to read instead of to audiobook if it doesn't drop soon.