The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/12/sunday-preview-dig-for-victory-with-roots-rats-and-rock-drillers/

Big week next week with two Battletomes, three Vanguard sets, four heros and the Sylvaneth units 

(thought I'm surprised to see the Skaven Vanguard but not the Sylvaneth one)

This is interesting, I wonder whether the Skaven one is early or the Sylvaneth one is late. Skaven seems to be the first one that has released at the same time as the battletome I believe so maybe the former? 

Either way seems to be a sign of the cramped release schedule caused by the delays, especially with the GHB slipping in on the same date as all this other stuff.

7 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

There has just been a teaser for some new paint thing from citadel posted on warhammer youtube channel. Really reminds me of how they advertised contrast. Says it's coming July, any ideas what more they could invent paint-wise?

Can't remember if it was on here or somewhere else, but there was a leak/rumour about GW coming out with a range of fluor paints or at least something similar to Tesseract Glow.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, woolf said:

maybe a decent metallics range?

I would settle for a pale grey that didn't turn into chewing gum in 9 seconds.

Or, generally, a different pot design/dropper bottle alternatives.

But I don't think it will be either of those.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GW actually kicked ass with their contrast paint series, genuinely innovated and changed the painting game. Kind of excited for something as interesting as that. Perhaps a cheap chrome mirror paint range? Good quality chrome mirror paint is expensive as ***, just a cheap version they were able to invent with in-house chemistry stuff that their competition hasn't managed would be very cool.

A full metallic range as high quality as chrome mirror paint and at a reasonable price would actually be friggin amazing.

But it will probably just be something like dropper bottles lol 😂

Edited by derpherp
  • Like 3

I guess the Sylvaneth starter sells well enough that they could postpone it. Bit of a pity since we could’ve gotten Revenants and Kurnoth Hunters to spice up the arboreal assembly. But oh well, Daughters Vanguard is awesome with the Ironscale leading those powerful units and Skaven Stormfiend cyborg horrors marching with clan rats who just became self-healing tarpits so they’re effective out of the box is excellent!

Also cool to see Fyreslayers & Deepkin hero seperate releases. Finally the Flamekeeper trio procession strategies can begin with amplifying the ur-rune recycles. 🔥 

Most interesting to me is the upcoming GHB mentions it’s gonna explore the lands of Gallet. That’s further away from Excelsis and with the crawling pits being there and the giant footprints it could very well tie into the Sons of Behemat release and the rumors of a new Ghur Incarnate spell spider that came up from those pits.

Could also point to us slowly going across the realmscapes season by season. Would very much like to end with going across the seperate continent in Lendu that’s said to be a calm predator landmass but because it’s a patient killer. Very intrigued what new dangers & creatures could lurk there.

Lastly GW didn’t have to go so hard on this paint trailer but God-king bless them they did:

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Lastly GW didn’t have to go so hard on this paint trailer but God-king bless them they did:

I recognise the space marine 3d model from their logo ident. I recognise the titan model from the Horus heresy trailer. I recognise the Eternals stuff from the AoS trailer. 

But where is the Robuit Guilliman 3d model from?

A huge amount of stuff in the preview article that's not mentioned or even hinted at in the video.

Maybe there's just soooo much stuff and they have a time limit on the video?

Anxious anticipation on the price for Space Dwarf Miners. Hopefully £28 like the existing Necro gangs, but probably £35 or so.

Massive week!! So happy to see some AOS products!!

22 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I guess the Sylvaneth starter sells well enough that they could postpone it. Bit of a pity since we could’ve gotten Revenants and Kurnoth Hunters to spice up the arboreal assembly. But oh well, Daughters Vanguard is awesome with the Ironscale leading those powerful units and Skaven Stormfiend cyborg horrors marching with clan rats who just became self-healing tarpits so they’re effective out of the box is excellent!

Also cool to see Fyreslayers & Deepkin hero seperate releases. Finally the Flamekeeper trio procession strategies can begin with amplifying the ur-rune recycles. 🔥 

Most interesting to me is the upcoming GHB mentions it’s gonna explore the lands of Gallet. That’s further away from Excelsis and with the crawling pits being there and the giant footprints it could very well tie into the Sons of Behemat release and the rumors of a new Ghur Incarnate spell spider that came up from those pits.

Could also point to us slowly going across the realmscapes season by season. Would very much like to end with going across the seperate continent in Lendu that’s said to be a calm predator landmass but because it’s a patient killer. Very intrigued what new dangers & creatures could lurk there.

Really hope youre right on the Incarnate and Gargant front!!

In the Crawling Pits Gordrakk has also captured one of the great crawling worms, Fangathrak which has a Realm Gate within it. So that may tie into the Incarnate?

And yes it seems to be following Ymnogs Trample, the giant footprints of which within one is Lake Hoarfrost which the little creatures who worship Gargants hail from!!

• Like 2

I think the Skaven Vanguard is way better for new Skaven players. Clanrats seem like they'll be universal battleline for all the clans, and I'm sure Stormfiends/warp lightning canon will be solid in the new book. Having the old one be only clan Pestilen always felt a bit weird. 

The new dice feel extremely uninspired though.

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

That's a lot of new stuff, that doesn't leave much that we know about in the pipeline does it? Just the upcoming but not soon Slaves to Darkness and warcry right?

2 more Underworlds warbands

The warcry stuff

4 more battletomes before slaves to darkness (1 order, 1 chaos, 2 destruction). 

Cursed city relaunch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it is affordable paint?

I mean we got squats now anything is possible.

I really like the Skaven box a nice mix of everything I would want.

Nighthaunt and DOK are really great boxes but I feel like the both seem so infantry focused and lack a truly crazy centre piece. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

It’s paints that need no basecoat.

I may be an idiot, sorry, but what does that actually mean? Isn't that basically what contrast is? Isn't the first coat you put on a model technically a "basecoat"? Is it just highly opaque paint?

Edited by Mutton

Yeah, with the focus being armor metallic focused paints seem likely. 

1 hour ago, AngryLizardRat said:

I think the Skaven Vanguard is way better for new Skaven players.

NightHaunt players are praising theirs for the same thing. All 3 seem very solid starter kits with good options that’ll save around $50+.

2 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

There has just been a teaser for some new paint thing from citadel posted on warhammer youtube channel. Really reminds me of how they advertised contrast. Says it's coming July, any ideas what more they could invent paint-wise?

Maybe it's functional pots, or a passable white...

All 3 Vanguard boxres look very good to me.

New Sylvaneth stuff is cool to see.

GHB I'm really not fussed by, not played many games this year and that probably wont change next year as I have a lot of stuff going on, excited for all the people who will make use of it though.

Sort of very excited about the paint thing, would be happy with an improved metal range but changing to dropper bottles would be the awesome, although to be honest it could be all kind of different things.

55 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Cannot wait to see the other Destruction Factions Vanguard boxes. Wouldnt be surprised for the Sons of Behemat to be 2 Mancrushers!!

I don't know if it tracks in terms of the prices, but there is a suggestion that the Imperial Knight box will be 3 armigers so maybe Mancrushers will get a similar treatment? 

I will also mourn the loss of the BCR SC set it is just straight up amazing! It is the sole reason I have an amazing little Ogor army. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

48 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I don't know if it tracks in terms of the prices, but there is a suggestion that the Imperial Knight box will be 3 armigers so maybe Mancrushers will get a similar treatment? 

I will also mourn the loss of the BCR SC set it is just straight up amazing! It is the sole reason I have an amazing little Ogor army. 

I really need to snag a BCR SC before they leave!!

• Like 2