The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Picture of the new Order Battletome doing the rounds. It's...

Hide contents

Lumineth.

Nothing beyond that yet, and it's recycled art that could just be a Photoshop.

The cover has an odd little bump here. (I think such a zoomed in pic should be ok.) Looks like a Photoshop. 

Screenshot_20220513-182716.png

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The cover has an odd little bump here. (I think such a zoomed in pic should be ok.) Looks like a Photoshop. 

Screenshot_20220513-182716.png

If you take a photo of a real book, that effect happens tooIMG_8373.png.4a6f546cb0a29fb97c8fe8913f3e8e11.png

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The effect on the actual book appears only on the gold band. 

The leak appears to produce the effect on the red border aswell, or my eyes are playing tricks on me. 

The shadowed bit of the black curved surface blends into the dark background. The red and gold doesn’t as much. The red on the actual book to my eye does look a bit wider than the black, just like it does in the leak. It might be a fake, but it looks pretty consistent to me between the real book and the leaked image. 

On 5/12/2022 at 4:48 AM, Neverchosen said:

But the second that rat jumps out of a unit of Skaven and naruto runs while tossing shuriken I will be grinning ear to ear. 

I'm not in this hobby to be competitive (to me, the 'narrative' of a fight beats sheer balance), and I've before here wished for more fluffy rules. Really happy to know m̶y̶ ̶o̶p̶p̶o̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ I'm not the only one who'll be grinning when I'm brutally tabled.

21 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I do wonder how the development of The Old World system influences their design decisions for those factions that carried straight over into AoS.

I’ll finding it hard to explain, but I mean, are they anticipating everyone with lots of Witch Aelves as going to be able to use those in The Old World games? Or will they want to make the two systems distinct?

If they go the latter route, it’s kind of inevitable that they gradually phase out/redesign the classic WHF factions that carried across — because those factions are iconic to The Old World.

I guess the dwarfs are a good example of what I mean. They have taken two, very distinct themes and run with them. Your ‘classic’ dwarfs have received very little attention and even talk of the faction being ‘reunited’ is no indicator that we’ll get more of the classic dwarfs for AoS — just that there might be more interplay between the FS and KO.

What happens when The Old World launches and there are Skaven everywhere — do model updates get concurrent rules and updates for most systems? All with a choice of bases? Or some can be used on one system and not the other… It all starts to get a bit messy?

Therefore, could we expect to see AoS races like Seraphon lean heavily into this space techno theme, to distinguish them from the more tribal Lizardmen we know and love from WHFB? Wackier Skaven, sea aelves, snake and bat aelves, winged forest sprites etc etc…

Would love to know people’s thoughts?

Honestly, I'd not be surprised if "play with your old armies" means that greybeards who already got WHFB armies have rules (read: almost Legends-tier) to play. I genuinely don't think GW will keep molds around, mayhaps do a few limited time waves. Kind of how you can TECHNICALLY play with Chorfs or Tomb Kings in Blood Bowl, but GW themselves doesn't support them at all. At least Chorfs got a BB 1.0 pdf ruleset but afaik that hasn't been updated to the current edition. I don't want to be cynical, as I'm excited for TOW, but I don't think GW worries about any possible aesthetical or size mismatch between AoS and WHFB minis. I find it even highly unlikely that we'll see all the old school armies getting new FW miniatures - surely it'll take years of drip feeding, starting with Empire/one bad guy faction.

• LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I'm not in this hobby to be competitive (to me, the 'narrative' of a fight beats sheer balance), and I've before here wished for more fluffy rules. Really happy to know m̶y̶ ̶o̶p̶p̶o̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ I'm not the only one who'll be grinning when I'm brutally tabled.

Honestly, I'd not be surprised if "play with your old armies" means that greybeards who already got WHFB armies have rules (read: almost Legends-tier) to play. I genuinely don't think GW will keep molds around, mayhaps do a few limited time waves. Kind of how you can TECHNICALLY play with Chorfs or Tomb Kings in Blood Bowl, but GW themselves doesn't support them at all. At least Chorfs got a BB 1.0 pdf ruleset but afaik that hasn't been updated to the current edition. I don't want to be cynical, as I'm excited for TOW, but I don't think GW worries about any possible aesthetical or size mismatch between AoS and WHFB minis. I find it even highly unlikely that we'll see all the old school armies getting new FW miniatures - surely it'll take years of drip feeding, starting with Empire/one bad guy faction.

Yeah, that is mostly what i am thinking is going to happen as well, ToW is going to be rather limited in scope and focus on only a small amount of factions, but there will be token rules for all the "squated" (do we even use this term anymore?) factions. 

As a person that interacts quite a lot with the total warhammer community, there is a lot of people there that are completely convinced that ToW will just be the next edition of WHFB and that all previous factions will come out all at once and be updated so they can collect a Tombking, Chorf, Cathay or elven army right out the gate and all manner of other factions that barely even had a sentance of lore attributed to them. Wonder how those people will take it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I don't want to be cynical, as I'm excited for TOW, but I don't think GW worries about any possible aesthetical or size mismatch between AoS and WHFB minis.

You are not cynical, merely realistic. WHFB died for a reason and is not coming back with a new name. I do not believe in any cross-compatible sets, mass resurrection of old armies, transferring of minis from round to square etc. We will get a limited side-game (which must not divert one's attention from AoS) with a handful of factions - and I bet that the majority of these will require you to buy new, resin models to participate. Maybe, and only maybe, a future will bring the rules for the armies of old, but I wouldn't bet on this.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

They dont have any, exactly, why does AOS? These new tomes have new art in them why not just slap that on the cover? GW is a multi million dollar company they can afford it. 

As someone who enjoys the Lore and Hobby more than rules the fact that my 'Lore Book' keeps getting the same cover is disheartening. 

This X100!! For a company that makes models and games their art is surprisingly amazing, and I feel beloved by the community. Content creators showcase them in the background with printouts etc. such a waste by GW to not have new ones for all the covers!! I’ve definitely looked at a model and not been a fan but then see the same model in book art and it change my opinion on the model. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

@Nezzhil's picture suggests the leak might be real after all. I don't suppose it matters. I'm sure Lumineth is the order autumn book. The only questions are whether we are getting any new minis, and whether the book has dealt with the NPE issues. 

Pretty sure there is a whole new temple to release, so I’ll assume some new kits 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

@Nezzhil's picture suggests the leak might be real after all. I don't suppose it matters. I'm sure Lumineth is the order autumn book. The only questions are whether we are getting any new minis, and whether the book has dealt with the NPE issues. 

I wont count on that,fyreslayers got nerfed into the ground the npe:

-Attack first allways each turn to only one time per game and if charged.

-sturdy hearthguards nerfed into the umplayable going from within 10" to wholy within 9"(first change of within to wholy within that is nerfed the range)

-bodyguards lost 

-shooting lost 

So every even close to npe in fyreslayers got nerfed but meanwhile elfs.....

Idoneths:have attack with shooting only to closer unit,now even inmune to shooting turn1 and attack twice thralls 

Morathi:morathi zero changes and is the joke with fly cant die in 3 turns and shooting twice snakes 

Pretty sure lumineths as elfs wont have nothing nerfed,i guess they gonna have even more new npe as happened with idoneths

Edited by Doko
  • Confused 1

Only a hero for LRL? A little sad, but at least I have the book rework to look forward to (or fear if they get nurfed lol).

I wonder what the hero will do since they had a pretty constant theme of 3 units to an element and the basic units have some support already. Maybe something to go with the bladelords since they are on the cover and hopefully get a buff?

5 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Only a hero for LRL? A little sad, but at least I have the book rework to look forward to (or fear if they get nurfed lol).

I wonder what the hero will do since they had a pretty constant theme of 3 units to an element and the basic units have some support already. Maybe something to go with the bladelords since they are on the cover and hopefully get a buff?

There is a female Bladelord heroine mentioned in a lore box in the second tome. The White Mantis or something like that. I think she could be fun/interesting. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Is there any army (except SCE) that can match the LRL number of AoS kits? Nighthaunts, Gravelords? No salt attached (this time) - this is a serious question.

Slaves to Darkness should have us beat due to all the Warcry stuff. And there's lots more to come. 

Nighthaunt might have more as well but I'd need to count. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Is there any army (except SCE) that can match the LRL number of AoS kits? Nighthaunts, Gravelords? No salt attached (this time) - this is a serious question.

As a guy who got into Sigmar in December and LRL was his first army I understand how much that faction has gotten in such a short amount of time compared to many of the other factions. I can also sum up my views on them giving us another unit and book so soon in one gif:

now-i-want-more-herbet.gif

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

7 minutes ago, Flippy said:

LRL, ignoring terrain, endless spells, and underworlds have 19 kits

Nighthaunt with the same method have I believe 22 kits counting their new stuff, 23 or so with the starter set heroes coming back. Soulblight has 26, if you count Radukars court as one kit.

LRL has a good amount of stuff but they aren't way in front by any means.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Flippy said:

As per GW's Web there are some.

SCE, Seraphon, CoS, all chaos, Soulblight and all destruction but gargants.

21 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

There's definitely a space (and I would argue a need) for a Vanari beatstick (on foot or mounted) who isn't a named character. Call them a Vanari Blademaster or something.