The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Sounds like a new War Cry edition (although not confirmed), no longer set in the Varanspire but in Ghur and with a new logo.

unknown_7.png

unknown_7.png

Its sad that everybody was excited for Hashut to see more Chaos Dwarves and the warband is made entirely of humans...

• Like 5

The rune-cut scale armour on the Horns of Hashut is pretty close to those of the Hobgrots' banner and belt-plates. Same supplier!

Obviously would be more exciting if these were chaos dorfs themselves but as a favoured serf class to the dawi-zharr or something, it's really cool and exactly the kind of expanded background detail that u luv to see.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

It should mean we gonna see more warbands for other factions other than Slaves. I woulnd't be surprised if the tomes of the second half of the year get some of those warbands.

Just heard Eddie confirm this, "it means Warcry isn't, isn't just for Chaos anymore" finally GW says it :) 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

21 hours ago, Fairbanks said:

My reaction is that I am Whelmed, and I’m disappointed because this was the third reveal show in a row that has made me feel this way.

Warcry reveal brought me back. Models look great, setting swap looks good. Just praying we don't have the massive rules changes that Kill Team got (Because it was 100% for the worse)

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

Yep, Horns of Hashut without even a single chaos duardin in it. Unlike Iron Golems or Spire Tyrants.

Oh the irony. Some may even say the insult. ;)

I don't think that's all of them. And I'm guessing they're part of a future big box.

ETA: Feel free to write it in a book of grudges though.

Edited by Fairbanks

Win, win and win.

Chaos religions continue to diversify and show how the Age of Chaos impacted the Realms as various peoples & races needed gods for their survival(Hashut covering smithing)

An amazing Centauroid who’s very unique looking. Big thumbs up!

and now Warcry can finally explore Ghur so the setting can potentially take place at Ironjawz & Ogor Gutfort fighting pits, monolithic honeycomb pillars fought over between Brayherds and Avengorii vampire-centaurs, feral Sylvaneth striking Khornite hunting parties from creeping gnarlwoods and floating Skyoaks and even Skaven attacking Order crawling cities on the backs of dreadworms by going up through their guts and battling the innard patrols.

So much they could do with a Ghurian Warcry that’d perfectly fit the brutal gladiator style out in the hungering jagged plains of the Realm of Beasts and it’s savage god-beasts.

Big wins! :D

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

Love the gladiatorial stylings, very sword and sandals. The net, the spear with a built-in sword-breaker, the murmillo helmet, the mail sleeves... It's a brilliant sculpt, proper old school chaos.

Doesn't quite work for me as, like, a class of dude or warrior though? As a one-off, as a weirdo veteran mutant who's master of Archaon's fighting pits, an infamous special character, sure. But feels like it suffers a little for being stretched out to a 'generic' type of character, like there's a whole class of relatively similar centaur mutants who are all associated with this gladiator feel and have a role in the legions of chaos. Just a bit too specific for something that, on it's own, is wonderfully characterful.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

I don't think that's all of them. And I'm guessing they're part of a future big box.

That's all of them, we know it thanks to the Slave to Darkness battletome leak. ;)

No chaos duardins before a long, long time. Again.

The change of setting for warcry is for other things. Mainly not chaos related, since we're no long in the Eight Points.

3 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

I’m almost certain it is all of them, it’s a comparable amount to every other Warcry warband, including ones that have been in the big boxes. 

• Like 1

The warcry minis are nice without being mind-blowing. The Corvus Cabal are still the best. 

The prospect of a whole new setting for warcry is very exciting though. Presumably the other half of the starter box will not be chaos. Imagine if we get another 8 or so warbands. It would be a prefect place to introduce some new Skaven, Seraphon, Ogors etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Red King said:

Man between the "not bullgor" theridon and another centaur that isn't going to be beasts of chaos I'm really starting to fear they will just soft kill Beasts into slaves to darkness without ever updating them again.

I just think they keep stuff for other "hype previews" in the future, because they're still so late in their release calendar again.

That's why it's always underwhelming. Tone down expectations, you'll feel much more relaxed, that's my advice. And get into 3D printing as well, it's way faster and better. :P

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Man between the "not bullgor" theridon and another centaur that isn't going to be beasts of chaos I'm really starting to fear they will just soft kill Beasts into slaves to darkness without ever updating them again.

Eh, I just see it as being consistent. We’ve had Ogroids since 2016 and they were their own thing like the new Centauroid is.

Beasts of Chaos come from Chaos, not the enslaved animal peoples of the realms who are forced into it. Proper BoC should be new ones based on the lore like Ghost-eater the albino lion headed beast lord in Shyish, the giant mammoth-headed gors in Ghur and the the shark mutant Brayherds swimming in Ghyran’s oceans.

They should feel like an invasive species if anything that’s adapting to the Realms.