The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I keep wondering how people would feel if DOK and Malerion's Aelves were to share a battle line unit of basic Ulgu Aelves in the aesthetic of the Warcy/Underworlds unit?

I think that it would be nice but then the question of soup would lie over both armies from that point forward.

I personally believe that Malerion's troops (at least the humanoid ones) will be more militaristic looking than the Shadowstalkers. More akin to classic Spearmen and especially Black Guard. At least that's the vibe I got from what I read in the DOK battletome and the Ulgu section in the rules book.

At least until now there seems to be so much animosity between the two factions that I would find a shared unit quite odd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Dont know if it has been said already but the app has been updated with Thondia content.

Strange that Season of War: Thondia has a code in the back but there’s nothing in the app to be unlocked with it. Maybe they are planning a Path to Glory app?

57 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I personally believe that Malerion's troops (at least the humanoid ones) will be more militaristic looking than the Shadowstalkers. More akin to classic Spearmen and especially Black Guard. At least that's the vibe I got from what I read in the DOK battletome and the Ulgu section in the rules book.

At least until now there seems to be so much animosity between the two factions that I would find a shared unit quite odd.

I guess that is the thing I am pointing towards, to me these units feel a little on the periphery of both factions and could represent something that is more broadly speaking of Ulgu rather than Malerion or Morathi. 

Like my the unit could be called Ulgu Sellswords.

Id assume they would avoid just being a dark mirror to the Lumineth these days, but also stick with the "some normal elves" then "Funky weird elves" which these Shadow dudes are, so the "Regular" umbraneth id expect definitely some repeater crossbow carrying troops and some melee infantry, probably with something like halberds if they go armoured, or dual blades if they go skirmish-y/sneaky. All calling back to the relevant old world kits but with AoS updates.

5 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I'm surprised the new underworlds set is coming out so soon, but had no way to talk about it!

Yeah interesting how quickly this was released right after the full reveal, without the usual tease and hype strategy., Pretty much the same happened with Thonda. 

On 4/15/2022 at 8:45 PM, KingBrodd said:

New characters with a generic build. Dynamically posed Gluttons a Dual build plastic Yehtee/Gorger and a Dual build Butcher/Slaughtermaster and that range is set.

It would be great to see this happen. The Yethee and Gorger as well as the Butcher/Slaughtermaster have so much potential of being  great models considering what they are capable of doing lately . Bit mixed feeling about dynamically posed Gluttons though.

How much as I appreciate all the dynamic poses and how much was improved with much more character to the models, I sometimes feel that battlelines where you often have to combine multiples of the same box into one single unit are better off with static rank and file kinda models. Where more static type of models can be easily be differentiated with multiple building options like heads, and weapons and still remains a homogeneous unit, this seems to be much harder with the very unique and dynamically posed models we have today.  What I mean is that a very unique model that stands out, feels much more to be duplicate when you have to combine the same model twice in the same unit.  I admit for Ogres, with a relatively low model count, this maybe less an issue, but still.

If indeed we got some model update for Ogres in the foreseeable future I personally hope they stick to the BCR aesthetic..or even better have two tribes ice and fire. With BCR and maybe  a sort of Pacific aesthetics like the Firebelly.

Edited by Lowki

2 minutes ago, Lowki said:

It would be great to see this happen. The Yethee and Gorger as well as the Butcher/Slaughtermaster has so much potential of being a great models. Bit mixed feeling about dynamically posed Gluttons though.

How much as I appreciate all the dynamic poses and how much was improved with much more character to the models, I sometimes feel that battlelines where you often have to combine multiples of the boxes into one single unit are better off with static rank and file kinda models. Where more static type of models can be easily be differentiated with multiple building options like heads, and weapons and still remains a homogeneous unit, this seems to be much harder with the very unique and dynamically posed models we have today.  What I mean is that a very unique model that stands out, feels much more to be duplicate when you have to combine the same model twice in the same unit.  I admit for Ogres, with a relatively low model count, this maybe less an issue, but still.

If have some model update for Ogres in the foreseeable future I personally hope they stick to the BCR aesthetic..or even better have two tribes ice and fire. With BCR and maybe  a sort of Pacific aesthetics like the Firebelly.

image.png

I'd love for a Firebely update!! As it would mean all new models for the Mawtribes.

I can understand that about the Gluttons and rank and file, each have their own pros and cons.

In regards to Yehtees and Gorgers, after seeing the Blood Bowl Yetis it makes me hope we get a much darker updated model as incredible as they are they have the, rightly so, goofiness of Blood Bowl and I'd love to see a gnarly Yehtee and Gorger!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

New Rumour Engine.

gd0MnGpentIMjhQ4.jpg

Guessing it'll be for the Underworlds Witch Hunter warband?

The strapped together shaft and nails in the head of the weapon, which is just a log leads me to believe this could be Destruction!! New Ogors perhaps!?

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

In regards to Yehtees and Gorgers, after seeing the Blood Bowl Yetis it makes me hope we get a much darker updated model as incredible as they are they have the, rightly so, goofiness of Blood Bowl and I'd love to see a gnarly Yehtee and Gorger!!

Yeah same here. the BB models are fun, but not what I hope for in regards to mawtribes.

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'd love for a Firebely update!! As it would mean all new models for the Mawtribes.

A man can dream right (not really expecting to happen though)

• LOVE IT! 1

It's a bit of a weird one, I almost want to say blood bowl, but I don't think the rumour engine ever covers BB stuff?

The cobbled together nature suggests destruction, but it's so cobbled together it doesn't really look like an effective weapon, so maybe for a weak/non-melee unit?  The checkered pattern is more a 40k ork thing, I think?  Maybe gloomspite, I guess, maybe part of a war machine crew model, or something.

49 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

New Rumour Engine.

gd0MnGpentIMjhQ4.jpg

Guessing it'll be for the Underworlds Witch Hunter warband?

The checkered pattern speaks clearly.

But for a moment, I was thinking about the Witch Hunters warband too: imagine one or two secondary characters flagellant-fanatic-style, with crappy weapons and clothes. I'd love that.