The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

In practice I don't see single heroes on foot getting shot at very often. With look out sir and all out defense they become less of a juicy target. 

I'll rather shoot at the threat coming for my objectives or shoot at units holding objectives or the monster that gives me victory points for killing. 

AoS isn't won just by killing stuff, it's all about the objectives and strategies. 

Also the battlesmiths ability range is 18'' as he's a totem which is a fairly decent range for rally. 

I am pretty sure consensus is that foot hero with 6 wounds are often time a liability to shooting and MW spam unless they have a way to protect themselves ( not just measly 6+ ward). In actuality Foot hero are sort of in a bad spot right now compare to monster heroes. Look out sir is not that good and   All out defense has better uses on monster then foot hero

7 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Hypothetically speaking what if Fyreslayers had a ton of bodyguard units and every subfaction could fight first?

Man that sure would be a crazy army

Sure, Idoneth could also have the Exodia by turn 5 and win automatically. If they‘d have won before the Exodia kicks in they can also keep your miniatures 🙃🍪

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Hypothetically speaking what if Fyreslayers had a ton of bodyguard units and every subfaction could fight first?

Man that sure would be a crazy army

Yeah, it would be pretty crazy if Fyreslayers managed to keep two things they can do right now (Or could, prior to the new Auric warscroll) and are still a blah army at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

In practice I don't see single heroes on foot getting shot at very often. With look out sir and all out defense they become less of a juicy target. 

I'll rather shoot at the threat coming for my objectives or shoot at units holding objectives or the monster that gives me victory points for killing. 

AoS isn't won just by killing stuff, it's all about the objectives and strategies. 

Also the battlesmiths ability range is 18'' as he's a totem which is a fairly decent range for rally. 

You obviously don't play Ironjaws  😆

If I got paid a $1 for every one of my warchanters shot off the board, I could fund an entire new AoS army 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

If I got paid a $1 for every one of my warchanters shot off the board, I could fund an entire new AoS army 

They have the biggest target on their backs. But I also like to go after the Weirdnob shaman! 😀

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

I play ironjawz lol. 

I guess its different where we play. I've just not encounter hero sniping that much. 

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This will probably be the first Underworlds warband I pick up. Between all the mummies, vampires and now Frankenstein monsters, I might be able to manage a full Castlevania army! Or at least a DnD campaign.

If one picks up the new war band, both undead blood bowl teams, the soul blight gravelords kits, and has access to Tomb Kings models, they could potentially create an army based on The Universal Studios Monsters. That is an army I'd pay good money to see completed.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

If one picks up the new war band, both undead blood bowl teams, the soul blight gravelords kits, and has access to Tomb Kings models, they could potentially create an army based on The Universal Studios Monsters. That is an army I'd pay good money to see completed.

That's exactly what I mean! Chances are good you will actually see it quite soon, too: I have most of the mummies, vampires and werewolves (in the form of the Vargskyr and other Vyrkos models) already done. I'll see if I can cook up a list where everything is about equally well represented, though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That's exactly what I mean! Chances are good you will actually see it quite soon, too: I have most of the mummies, vampires and werewolves (in the form of the Vargskyr and other Vyrkos models) already done. I'll see if I can cook up a list where everything is about equally well represented, though.

I look forward to seeing it! you don't mind if I do the same? I have this idea for a Nighthaunt conversion using the Changeling and some Tomb-Guard spears.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Doko said:

Yes you are  rigth.

But hard  be positive when every single leak are only nerfs for every single unit of a army that was allready a middle\bottom tier.

Vulkites nerfed

Heqrthguards nerfed

Auric nerfed

Magmadroth breaths nerfed

Grimwrath in broken realm nerfed

Now battlesmith nerfed again

And also we know we gonna loose every unique lodge enhacement and cp as every 3.0 tome

So,so far we know every single unit have been nerfed and now also some heroes nerfed too,only for a sligth buff to runes.

Yes im too much negative but so far we (fyreslayers players) havent nothing to be positive

The fires of Grimnir burn within you my guy

1 hour ago, Indecisive said:

40K World Eaters are totally happening this year, summer-ish maybe after.

Khorne here at the same time makes sense.

Eh that seems optimistic since the rumor leak suggest they still far away like after all the codexes come out especially since Knights and IG are pending in the pipeline after Tyranids and Chaos space marines

i would even think they are the next edition starter box army given the timeline for 40K

Edited by novakai

4 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Have they ever done a dual release of Chaos forces with 40k and AOS? They have always seem staggered since I got back into Warhammer but I am also painfully forgetful. 

4 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Aren't world eaters just more space marines, but arguably cringier?

GW is perfectly capable of making more space marines without also releasing something creative.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Have they ever done a dual release of Chaos forces with 40k and AOS? They have always seem staggered since I got back into Warhammer but I am also painfully forgetful. 

If I remember correctly it usually the Chaos marine legion and then a few month later it the AoS God army and then 40K get the daemon codex update out afterward. 

of course it depends on your definition of dual release. only thousand sons and disciple of tzeentch currently had any relavant units cross between the two army with Tzaangors when they where release. Deathguard and Maggotkin of Nurgle while both came out within 6 month of each other didn’t share any unit and the new daemon of Nurgle models where updated in the daemon codex instead along with Slaanesh. It unknown if this is the time they will release Khorngors for both system.

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Aren't world eaters just more space marines, but arguably cringier?

GW is perfectly capable of making more space marines without also releasing something creative.

I mean yes but generally CSM are not look in the same light as the regular marines as they then to be more flavorful then your generic blue ultramarine release and get release at a fairer pace. 

then again Khorne is more of a straight forward concept and World eater are basically the current Khorne blood warriors but more powered armor ( since they are base on them) so it basically comes down to what you find is creative. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Chaos Space marines are close to what we have in Disciples, Maggotkin, Blades and Hedonites, with some Power-Armor elements. But they are far away from being "space marines in blue, white, black, red, etc...".

Deathguard marines are a good example fo that:

Spoiler

Plague.jpg.be8ed4b1576036a791c21b71eb8014a6.jpg

Rubric Marines are really nice too:

Spoiler

Rubric.jpg.b160abedf62d1a089d736f3555820c73.jpg

Kharn the Betrayer is the first new "khorne" miniature for 40k (really close to our Blood warriors btw):

Spoiler

Khorne.jpg.a433297315f32efb856c65358ce166cd.jpg

Slaanesh has "noise marines", saddly, they are still not updated (yet), but we have a nice model commemorating the old glam-rock look:

Spoiler

Slaanesh.jpg.5abed502eeac20114fda1118505f85a5.jpg

I hope to see the new Emperor's Children (Hedonites of Slaanesh 40k-style) because they look awesome!

Spoiler

slaanesh02.jpg.7903b87b3baa082ebeb184de4764dfe5.jpg

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

I do agree the different chaos space marines are not exactly the same like other colours of space marine, but it's mostly variations on a theme, with Tzeench keeping close and Nurgle straying further.

I just really don't vibe with the Khorny design. I like metal for my ears, but that design feels old and overdone.

But then I really don't like any flavour of space marine, so the variation I'd want to make them palatable would be more than fans of the design would like.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I look forward to seeing it! you don't mind if I do the same? I have this idea for a Nighthaunt conversion using the Changeling and some Tomb-Guard spears.

Frankly, I would be suspicious of anyone who doesn't want to build this army. So definitely go for it!

1 hour ago, Lightbox said:

Maybe the witch hunter warband will include a dude with a whip ;)

I was already looking at whip bits for a conversion, haha. No idea what is getting converted, but something definitely is.

I have been meaning to make a blog post about using classic video game sprites as a guide for mini painting. Because they are so similar: Both game sprites and miniatures are small objects that have to be readable and impactful from far away. Seems like a perfect opportunity to do this with some Castlevania sprites.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I have been meaning to make a blog post about using classic video game sprites as a guide for mini painting. Because they are so similar: Both game sprites and miniatures are small objects that have to be readable and impactful from far away. Seems like a perfect opportunity to do this some Castlevania sprites.

I would be super interested in reading that blog post 😮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1