The Rumour Thread

If it's Valkia, I hope she comes with a bunch of Khorne jump infantry!  That would be pretty dang awesome.  

With BoC getting the White Dwarf update, not sure if they'll be getting a new tome anytime soon.  Not sure it would be a Jabberslythe either.  Maybe it'll be a winged Bullgor upgrade for next month's White Dwarf?!?!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That really stands out to me, too. I find the Underworlds card art really weak in comparison with Magic: The Gathering card art, for example. Mosty it's just depictions of the models exactly as they look in a backgroundless void. I also think the sketchy art style of AoS coupled with the insistence on depicting the models with little artistic freedom super unimpactful. It does not make me excited about the art at all, which is a shame. Because older Warhammer art definitely did manage to get me excited.

There is this psychological trap that is really easy to fall into, where the rules of your faction change, a lot of the things you previously identified as exciting or strong don't quite work anymore, and you conclude that the new book must be bad because you can't yet identify the new, excting things the army can do. I fell into that trap myself with the Soulblight book, which is actually a really great book in hindsight. Much better Legions of Nagash by any measure. We have also recently seen the same happen with Stormcast, where a lot of people were sure the book had no competitive play when it was released, and look at it now.

I think it's a fairly natural reaction, but we should try to resist it. At least until we have the book in our hands.

Dude I love underworlds because of the sweet sweet sculpts but I 100% agree the card artwork is uninspiring

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

If it's Valkia, I hope she comes with a bunch of Khorne jump infantry!  That would be pretty dang awesome.  

With BoC getting the White Dwarf update, not sure if they'll be getting a new tome anytime soon.  Not sure it would be a Jabberslythe either.  Maybe it'll be a winged Bullgor upgrade for next month's White Dwarf?!?!

Valkia would be a dual system model right? (queue Anakin meme)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Well she is a Daemon prince isnt she so she could just exist in 40k, that said the newborn Slannesh daemon princes didnt get rules in 40k afaik so far :(

I'm not actually sure if Valkia is a daemon prince in AoS - I thought she was, but her rules would suggest otherwise.1053352611_Screenshot_20220222-221805_WHAoS.jpg.5f97cef3116ee109c0cff5344772603e.jpg

I think she may come under the "immortal mortal brand of Chaos champions", where the god resurrects them and they don't age, but they're not a daemon.

36 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm not actually sure if Valkia is a daemon prince in AoS - I thought she was, but her rules would suggest otherwise.1053352611_Screenshot_20220222-221805_WHAoS.jpg.5f97cef3116ee109c0cff5344772603e.jpg

I think she may come under the "immortal mortal brand of Chaos champions", where the god resurrects them and they don't age, but they're not a daemon.

Funny enough, her lore on page 37 of the current army book says that Khorne reforged her as a 'Daemon Queen'. So the lore specifically says she's a daemon, but instead of DAEMON she has MORTAL. I've written the FAQ team for the last two books asking if it was a typo, but according to the FAQ it was omitted intentionally. Absolutely no idea why or what possible rules abuse they're trying to avoid, but the rules just absolutely directly contradict the stated lore for the model.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Funny enough, her lore on page 37 of the current army book says that Khorne reforged her as a 'Daemon Queen'. So the lore specifically says she's a daemon, but instead of DAEMON she has MORTAL. I've written the FAQ team for the last two books asking if it was a typo, but according to the FAQ it was omitted intentionally. Absolutely no idea why or what possible rules abuse they're trying to avoid, but the rules just absolutely directly contradict the stated lore for the model.

.... Something very strange is going on in GW..... My money is on an updated model or they're planning on axing somebody.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Thanks for the info :) It's a very odd choice - sometimes the rules department feels really disjointed.

In fact, it reminds me of when the Darkoath Savages didn't get the ability to take a mark (lack of cultist keyword), and when asked why, a rules writer said the reason was the same as why the Warqueen couldn't take a mark.

The Warqueen was given the ability to take a mark a few weeks prior. 

I think the rules team likely have a lot on their plate (and perhaps too few of them) so they end up with disjointed feeling rules that don't make that much sense.

• Like 2

If they didn’t put Sigvald in 40K they are not putting Valkia in it either. those two have been historically been fantasy character because they are formal mortals.

the new avatar of Khaine is not duo release for AoS either

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grimrock said:

GW tend a bit inconsistent with keywords sometimes but also don’t like changing things to often either despite how trivial it can be sometimes. 

like Sigvald also does not have the daemon keyword despite the lore stating otherwise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enoby said:

I think the rules team likely have a lot on their plate (and perhaps too few of them) so they end up with disjointed feeling rules that don't make that much sense

It’s a shame because sometimes it feels as though 40K gets better treatment over AoS with rule writing and FAQ; though CSMs not having 2 wounds by now speaks the opposite. 

10 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

If it's Valkia, I hope she comes with a bunch of Khorne jump infantry!  That would be pretty dang awesome

Khorne being a melee-centric with barely any shooting, and no magic, leaves the army much to be desired in regards to closing the gap. There are Flesh Hounds and Bloodcrushers, but having a flying infantry- melee unit would be very unique to Chaos grand alliance as a whole. I don’t want to wishlist too much, but a Valkia update would make a lot of sense, if Khorne were to receive an update anytime soon (which they badly need). 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Enoby said:

A few comments on other social media have mentioned Chaos Marine Possessed being a high possibility (something about a leak); while great for CSM players, I can safely say I would be incredibly disappointed! 

It would vibe with GW making mostly low effort space marines.

We don't have rumours for a Khorne or Beasts BT before autumn, so I think chances of a new hero are low, though replacing Valkia or the Jabberslythe could still happen.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

It would vibe with GW making mostly low effort space marines.

We don't have rumours for a Khorne or Beasts BT before autumn, so I think chances of a new hero are low, though replacing Valkia or the Jabberslythe could still happen.

going by current tomes if Khorne did indeed get a new book you jut know that all you'd get is a valkia or A N Other here and that would be it.

There was talk back at the dawn of AoS of a less monopose khorgorath model - Era of the beast, who knows? but I doubt it.

If we're talking Khorne I'd trade new toys for a serious rules rewrite so that any opponent prays that they'll never close that gap or else they're shredded.  I'd love to trade the mechanism of loads of extra attacks for extra damage or ability to hit accurately, as I've always seen khorne as merciless killers who are pretty damn amazing at killing vs just getting lots of attacks in and praying some might hit.

I'd happily leave the quantity of attacks with slaanesh or elfs, and just have one of those armies that you know every hit will pretty much land and pretty much kill.  I think it's more synergistic as well with the actual looks of the Khorne armies, massive hulking heros and warriors that do not finesse with flurry of blows, but with machine like butchery and slaughter and bone crushing near ogre strength hits.

Their god after all is rage, hate and murder incarnate, his death toll is heavy, his weapons are heavy, his followers are heavy and the iron dungarees of his farmers are heavy, and when they hit - and they will hit, it will be accurate and hard.

to counter all of that I'd actually go back to the 3rd ed. realm of chaos and declare that Khorne cannot have mercenaries or allies (apart from chaos dwarfs), as the old thinking was that no army would ally or sell sword to a Khorne force as they knew that by their very nature when the battle finished they'd be next.

That in itself would be a great reason why the forces of Khorne would force victims to turn to them eat their fallen and so doing become the bloodreaver hordes.

Oh and a lord on exalted juggernaut would be nice, as would a beastman god marked upgrade sprue so I can have khornegors  and Khorne bullgors as part of my core troops as opposed to a coalition.  I mean, come on..  From Khorne, to Thirsters to Juggernauts - why do we not have an aspirant Minotaur devoting himself to slaugghter incarnate in the hope of being blessed with brass skin  - which leads me on to why don't we have Taurox back - A nice daemonic Brass Minotaur as a general making all things slaughtery and beasty smile in the knowledge they serve Khorne and can mix it up with the nice fellas in their armoured dungarees and brass riding cows.

Oh and I'd have all chaos god units sized in multiples of their patron power, so 8 for khorne, 6 for Slaanesh etc. That would also justify lots of attacks for 'nesh vs harder hitty for khorne.

See.. Khorne players, unlike elfs, always suggesting, always smiling even in the face of cannonfodder adversity :)

Have big axe, split skulls like wax.

Elfs - have big axe, get bad backs.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gw really are banging the Aeldari drum hard. They've had 40 previews in February. That's more than AoS has had this year including the comics. It's comfortably the most previews they've done for any faction. 

So far there have been a grand total of 3 Fyreslayer previews. 

• Like 3

If world eater are indeed on the horizon for 40K, there is a possibility of Blades getting something like Khorngors just because it probably the best time to release them both if they still have the intention of having god marked Gor units exist in both universe.

that and historically when a chaos marine god legion get release the AoS counterpart did get something too.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Gw really are banging the Aeldari drum hard. They've had 40 previews in February. That's more than AoS has had this year including the comics. It's comfortably the most previews they've done for any faction. 

I'm not usually one to complain about this kind of stuff, but I am getting really bored by all the Eldar coverage. Would be nice if we could at least get a bit more significant coverage of the upcoming Fyreslayer and IDK tomes. We still know next to nothing about them, while it feels like we get an in-depth look at every single Eldar unit.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It probably to revitalize them and make up for the neglected like with Sisters of battle. Eldar in recent year have really fell off in popularity compare to other Xeno armies despite being one of the cornerstone armies in 40K. Arguably both Tau and Necrons have risen above them while Orks have also remain strong because of their playerbase

granted Sister of battle also had a lot of articles just spread out over a whole year

Edited by novakai