The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, EntMan said:

From the warcom article: "some distinctly Chaos-flavoured mischief is on the horizon,"

Chaos flavoured mischief sounds like Tzeentch or Skaven to me.

I don't know Bloodshed is pretty mischievous and Be'Lakor is in Slaves to Darkness... I still think you are right but in general I feel like the Warcom writers just use random adjectives hahaha.

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Everchosen and Slaves to Darkness

I may be misremembering, but I think Blades of Khorne AoS 0 and AoS 2 both used the same/very similar covers of Korgus Khul too.

Edit: No, I'm incorrect, Khorne warriors just all look identical to me :P It was a Blood Warrior on the first tome.

Surprised by new DoK bt after only a year, unless of course GW suddenly needs more money. (ah...now old art is starting make sense, not saying it's bad or a it's bad decision). I honestly thrilled to see something else than Morathi+snakes. It make sense to release IDK and DoK together, people may want to buy some allied units. Also new DoK bt = Malerion faction foreshadowing.

I0gHJZo.png

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

I felt that reusing the same art for the cover feels cheap, but if you like the art, then it's alright I guess!

On one hand it definitely feels cheap and sort of indicative of FS' literally red headed step-child status.

On the other hand it's a really nice cover and it'd be hard to improve upon.

I do wonder if getting a new cover depends upon the 'tone' of it. The 2.0 Nighthaunt cover art does not look out of place next to the new artwork, nor does the Fyreslayer cover, whilst the 2.0 DoK book doesn't have the same dark palette and feel to it. 

• Like 1

Huh. Reused battle tome covers are really weird, and if I were a Fyreslayer player I'd get the strong impression that GW doesn't care too much about the faction. 

Daughters are also really unexpected, but I'm also glad because it means they probably won't get souped. And the cover looks really awesome! 

Also Era of the Beast is clearly not Era of Destruction. Really bummed out for all Ogor fans. 😐

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Also Era of the Beast is clearly not Era of Destruction. Really bummed out for all Ogor fans. 😐

To be fair, the Soul Wars didn't see many post-NH Death releases until Ossiarchs at the tail end of the second year.

Might be Winter is when we start seeing it go all Destruction, particularly with the lack of Battletomes until then.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Are GW moving away from endless spells or just shitting on my army in particular? Notice that Warclans didn't get any even with the Kruelboyz range update.

Endless spells and faction terrain were manufactured in china (as well as battletomes), and they're moving away from manufacturing things in china.

That roadmap is REALLY welcomed.

Not all might like the tomes we are to expect, but just knowing what to wait for, when to save money and when to focus on sideproject and shame pile, is a blessing. 
For the first time in quite a while I felt like GW did a smart buisness move.

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 5

Am I wrong or the new Fyreslayers battletome has the same cover image of the actual one? .___.

They really invested a few budget on them, I think the rumor of two new FS units at this point can be discarded...

For what concerns the two mysterious summer battletomes, I say Skaven and Sylvaneth!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Are GW moving away from endless spells or just shitting on my army in particular? Notice that Warclans didn't get any even with the Kruelboyz range update.

At least Deepkin have that awesome ship wreck. Warclans have neither faction terrain nor endless spells.

Soulblight didn't get any as well. I think the last released faction terrain was the beautiful Shrine Luminor.. As for endless spells.. Um..Hedonites, Lumineth or Daughters? 

Just now, Maogrim said:

At least Deepkin have that awesome ship wreck. Warclans have neither faction terrain nor endless spells.

Soulblight didn't get any as well. I think the last released faction terrain was the beautiful Shrine Luminor.. As for endless spells.. Um..Hedonites, Lumineth or Daughters? 

DoK was the last army to receive endless spells, came out of nowhere too, no one expected it.  Slaanesh has both, from their first release, LRL had endless spells with the first release and terrain with their second.

• Like 1