The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I would love for Daughters to get a second warband, considering that Nighthaunt have three, Ironjawz have two and so on... But that model is 100% a Dark Eldar Wytch.

It really feels more like wych elves than wyches to me. 

B60D609B-FB0F-4893-80BB-7BB3CCFC019B.jpeg

AE88385A-0DB3-499C-84C5-AACEDA98995F.jpeg

7E4F16A0-5D27-4D9A-B4EE-0997C39F6966.jpeg

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, madmac said:

Could be, and is odd because both DoK and Dark Eldar got their books this year. I saw someone suggest it's a 40K Kill Team model though, and that's unfortunately probably dead on.

Could be a DoK character for Cursed City but if it’s Drukhari hopefully it’s a new beast master

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I would love for Daughters to get a second warband, considering that Nighthaunt have three, Ironjawz have two and so on... But that model is 100% a Dark Eldar Wytch.

Eh, I thought that initially, but I'm really not so sure anymore. The armour colour scheme is not the Cult of Strife scheme (which the Eavy Metal team uses for the Wych models) and whilst Wyches do use whips, they are usually Agonizers (a form of power weapon) or Razorflails... neither of which look like that.

Of course it could be a new Drukhari model, but it really isn't hitting many design cues of one past a surface level "spiky girl elf" look.

EDIT: Not mention: the skintone. Drukhari have pale, vampiric skin-tones in GW's schemes. That skin is far too warm a colour for them.

Edited by Bosskelot
  • Like 4

Just now, elfhead said:

I was thinking dark eldar first, but the bottom part on the handle of the whip looks very similar to a DoK whip, so she might be AoS after all. 

Yeah I think it is something for AoS too. Dont know much about 40k but GW is painting drukhari hair in red most of time and she doesnt look like some special character.

My first thought was Drukhari Wych based on the colour scheme, but the bladed whip handle is identical to the DoK sisters of slaughter.  Then again DoK whips up until now have all been braided, rather than smooth like this one.  Drukhari Wych armour also has quite distinctive back vents, and drug/stimulant ports/pipes which don't seem to be present here, so I guess I'm leaning back towards AoS.

Perhaps a named Kraith hero?  Or a cursed city expansion hero could be a good shout.  Naturally I'd love a DoK expansion wave, but I don't see much call for more whippy infantry in that line necessarily.

Then again if that Avatar does turn out to work across games maybe more DoK to go alongside it isn't out of the question...

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Could be a DoK character for Cursed City but if it’s Drukhari hopefully it’s a new beast master

Yeah I think Cursed City, Underworlds or Warcry. As much as we want to complain about not getting any love, I feel like the preview needed some representation from systems outside of just AOS and 40k.

I think all I could take away from all of this is simply, that the 40k rumours are correct, Nighthaunt are getting some love and maybe there will be a one off release of DOK probably for an adjacent system. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

If I remember correctly there is a underworlds list rumor for this season that got the ogor pirate rumor right and included a "malerion elves" as one of the warbands for the other start that is coming. 

11 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

You could be spot on, as the Nighthaunt as well could just be additions for Cursed City!

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Yeah I think Cursed City, Underworlds or Warcry. As much as we want to complain about not getting any love, I feel like the preview needed some representation from systems outside of just AOS and 40k.

I think all I could take away from all of this is simply, that the 40k rumours are correct, Nighthaunt are getting some love and maybe there will be a one off release of DOK probably for an adjacent system. 🤷‍♂️

Underworlds, Warcry or Cursed City have changed my mind and made me think it is AOS!! 

Expansions for Cursed City for both models seem likely, the Cursed City map has a Nighthaunt Graveyard on it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Red Bull said:

I would bet she is for the Shadow Elf Underworlds Warband... mostly because that's the only semi-proven/reliable rumor we've seen showing new Dark Elves soon

Indeed. To me these look like armoured Daughters of Khaine -> Either an Elite Witch Aelve Variant, or proof that Malerions battelines are made of better armoured former Dark Aelves. 

Anyways BIg: ❤️ I love what I see.

The new Avatar of Khaine for 40K they're showing is going to be sick as well!

Apart from that it looks like a new Hive-Tyrant kit, a new Chaos Knight (40K), A big Nighthaunt Model and some Nekromunda(?) Model.

image.png.c263d10fa9ab717d3f8cba20adec2f9d.png

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

Indeed. To me these look like armoured Daughters of Khaine -> Either an Elite Witch Aelve Variant, or proof that Malerions battelines are made of better armoured former Dark Aelves. 

Anyways BIg: ❤️ I love what I see.

The new Avatar of Khaine for 40K they're showing is going to be sick as well!

Apart from that it looks like a new Hive-Tyrant kit, a new Chaos Knight (40K), A big Nighthaunt Model and some Nekromunda(?) Model.

image.png.c263d10fa9ab717d3f8cba20adec2f9d.png

Yeah this is making me want to go and pick up a copy of Shadow and Pain. Daughters are my favourite army that I do not currently collect and if this is indicative of their future design or better yet hints at some souping with Malerion I will regret not having my foot in the door. 😍

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Still-young said:

It really feels more like wych elves than wyches to me. 

B60D609B-FB0F-4893-80BB-7BB3CCFC019B.jpeg

AE88385A-0DB3-499C-84C5-AACEDA98995F.jpeg

7E4F16A0-5D27-4D9A-B4EE-0997C39F6966.jpeg

Yep, I've been painting both these units recently, and agree that she is definitely for Daughters of Khaine or some sort of related faction.

The first indication is the pale hair and pink skin, which is much closer to the Daughters colour scheme than the dark eldar one. Eldar wyches are generally very pale with red hair, whereas DoK tend to have pale pink hair. Then her Spaulder is much more DoK, the way it arches upwards to a point is distinctive of them, whereas dark eldar ones are flatter, but with spikes. Her vambraces are also a lot more ridged than spiked which DE ones would be. The knife could be dark eldar, but looks a lot more like a Sciansa, so again fits the Daughters theme better. 40K daggers are a bit more jagged.

Then the bulk of her costume is a bit too skimpy for Dark Eldar. They usually wear what is effectively a body suite with gaps on the legs and midriff. This model seems to have straps running across her back, which fits better with the Witch Elfs armoured bikini top. If it were a Wych we'd expect the back of the suit to be the most bulky and built up bit, with a lot more vents and armour. Its a bit shadowy, but her lower clothing also looks like it could be coming into a bit of a thong, where again, Dark Eldar tend to be more modest on the lower half.

The main exception to that is Lillith, who does traditionally have skimpier attire, and who's old model could more or less pass as a witch elf if you didn't know better. If we hadn't just got a new model of her a couple of years ago, then I could be convinced that this was her, although again the knife would be surprising. So its possible that it could be some sort of DE gladiatrix in her style, but I don't think that is likely. I think some sort of witch elf hero for AoS is far more likely, and that all of the design cues point quite clearly to that, whereas you'd have to make a bit of a stretch for her to be Dark Eldar, and imagine something quite new for their faction, which isn't really needed, or likely.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I've painted enough Sisters of Slaughter to know that whip elf is one of them, no question. Probably a Cursed City character.

Now there's also the machine model with the buzzard...the easy answer is a 40k knight or something...but I wonder if this could be a Chaos Dwarf built construction. We already have connections in the story between Kruelboyz and the Chorfs, and that buzzard, though small, has the exact same style as the centerpiece models. I'm not saying it's for certain the Chorfs faction...but just something they helped build.

No. it's 100% a Chaos Knight.

Look at how the trailer is edited together: 3-4 sequential shots of the same model, before moving onto the next one. They aren't going to insert a Chaos Dwarf model in between the Chaos Knight's shots. Unless Chaos Dwarfs are also going to have Volkite weaponry and Knight carapace armour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2