The Rumour Thread

I don't know why people continue to be surprised when box sets keep going up in price. It's only going to get worse over time. It's a combination of a world economy in panic and GW's endless greed. Look at Underworlds--it's had price increases two to three times over the course of a single year.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

I don't know why people continue to be surprised when box sets keep going up in price. It's only going to get worse over time. It's a combination of a world economy in panic and GW's endless greed. Look at Underworlds--it's had price increases two to three times over the course of a single year.

Yeah I'm not surprised but it's definitely a nail in the coffin for me. I bought into the original set partially because it was such a great deal with models and terrain. With the prices continually creeping up and my need for terrain satisfied by the original box I have no interest in paying these kinds of prices. It's too bad because that terrain looks pretty fantastic and I love the darkoath warband, but there's just no way. 

• Like 4

It seems like rulebook is included in Red Harvest book. 

Alongside all of these models, you’ll also get a 104-page Warcry: Red Harvest rulebook. Contained within its covers are lots of pages of juicy background about the setting and the warbands in the box, as well as a slew of rules for quests and campaigns. You’ll also find the Core Rules, meaning this box is the perfect place for new players to jump into the brutal world of Warcry, as well as a brilliant expansion for existing fans.

Edited by dnusha

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Catacombs didn't sell at £125. Pretty much every sale - even GW themselves - tries to get rid of it. I don't know why they think Red Harvest will do any better at an even higher cost. 

I bet it will sell better, for the terrain alone. 

So what do we have coming for the rest of the year? 

Warcry, blood bowl and 40k campaign book next week 

In Dec we have dragons, nurgle and genestealers/golden boys. 

As well the normal Xmas boxes and stuff. 

So what's to come the rest of November? 

• Like 2

I actually think this Box is going to sell pretty well. It seems like it's limited but Catacombs weren't.

Warcry: Red Harvest will see our pre-order weekend promise in full effect, so if you order a copy this weekend you’re guaranteed to get one. We’ve made plenty of stock, but if we run out we’ll make sure we make you one. It may just take a little longer to arrive.

Edited by dnusha

41 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I bet it will sell better, for the terrain alone. 

So what do we have coming for the rest of the year? 

Warcry, blood bowl and 40k campaign book next week 

In Dec we have dragons, nurgle and genestealers/golden boys. 

As well the normal Xmas boxes and stuff. 

So what's to come the rest of November? 

BT stuff still need to be release and suppose to be this month. They probably try to get Xmas boxes out around Black Friday. 

i believe there still a pending Necromunda release that needs to come out 

I wish they converted the currency sometimes because all I can tell is that you have to buy a teclis amount of model to get through the first bracket lol. Also is their voucher exchanging using the actual foreign currency exchange rate or their own currency exchange system.

edit: oh it in the terms and condition, yep it there own currency conversion rate damn

Edited by novakai

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

BT stuff still need to be release and suppose to be this month. They probably try to get Xmas boxes out around Black Friday. 

i believe there still a pending Necromunda release that needs to come out 

Forgot about the rest of the BT stuff. 

Necromunda stuff is on pre order this weekend. 

Black Friday isn't really a thing here in the UK, I think the Xmas stuff normally comes out early December. 

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

Forgot about the rest of the BT stuff. 

Necromunda stuff is on pre order this weekend. 

Black Friday isn't really a thing here in the UK, I think the Xmas stuff normally comes out early December. 

Necromunda still has the Market terrain, Outcast gang and book to come out, so they'll probably take up a week. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Just got an email about more vouchers for signing up to W+. The clear sign that they have a healthy number of subscribers that they are happy with...

Said during the preview they have tens of thousands of subscribers. 

Seems to me they are doing something for subscribers every month, vouchers this month, the competition last month, free voucher in Sept. 

That has to be the worst promotion ever. Get vouchers (not even a discount!) for less than the third-party discount for shopping on GW's webstore, if you're a W+ subscriber. And whatever vouchers you get are issued Dec. 3 and have to be used by Dec. 25. 

Between this and the "2 weeks of W+ free well actually not free at all, it's really just 50% off the first month, you still have to pay despite us advertising it as free" promotion it feels like they have two marketing guys competing for who can create the more underwhelming promotion. 

• Like 5

It only good if the shopper was planning to spent that amount on the web store to begin with and the voucher is just an extra bonus to them (basically someone who just decided to buy a warlord titan for Christmas) but it definitely does not incentivize you spend that amount just to get the voucher when better saving exist elsewhere

27 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

That has to be the worst promotion ever. Get vouchers (not even a discount!) for less than the third-party discount for shopping on GW's webstore, if you're a W+ subscriber. And whatever vouchers you get are issued Dec. 3 and have to be used by Dec. 25. 

Between this and the "2 weeks of W+ free well actually not free at all, it's really just 50% off the first month, you still have to pay despite us advertising it as free" promotion it feels like they have two marketing guys competing for who can create the more underwhelming promotion. 

The "spend £50 and get £5 back" wasn't the worst offer if you were getting Direct Only items, but £100's worth? That's pushing it.

5 hours ago, novakai said:

Only if you live in the UK, everyone else be like uggh 

Although, if you live in Europe, you can purchase from stores in Northern Ireland at the Sterling price (On Tabletop) and pay no import fees/custom charges as they are still in the single market

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

At least we can ponder now what the next Battletome is likely to be. I'm assuming either Order or Death. If Death itll most likely be Nighthaunt.

I really hope it won't be Dawnbringer Crusades replacing Cities with a human only faction. (Not a rumour as such, just my fear)

Edited by EntMan

2 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

No battleforces this year? Well that's ok, I don't have space for it anyway!

Do people think the tome after nurgle will be a new faction?

I wouldn't doubt if it's nighthaunt. Idoneth could be a good contender it it's an order faction. 

They don't normally reveal the battleforces until the 2nd or 3rd week in November iirc unless you have some information I haven't seen?

I think the last couple of years we have seen leaks around now though to be fair.

• Like 1