The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

This is floating around the Underworlds communities. It's a zoom-in of the artpiece of the Stormcast and Kruelboyz fighting.

L4Y50dM.png

With the underwater theme, I can't help but think of the Kvaldir from WoW.

vaRSttc.jpg

Could just be a statue though

Don't think any of the other boxes have had any personnel on the front that wernt in the box?

• LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Nos said:

Don't think any of the other boxes have had any personnel on the front that wernt in the box?

It's just an artwork from the new article, it is not on the boxe itself as far as I can see. 

Maybe it's from a wider picture inside the new rulebook ? In the same artwork (in the right corner) a kind of Zombie arm sprouting from the ground... So a new SBGL warband with Necromancer and Zombies ?

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

To be fair, you *always* get Gargant vibes. Well, unless you get ogor vibes! 
;)

My body just likes big lads and it cannot lie!!

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

I wonder what the background fluff about Harrowdeep will be. Like the story of the city of Shadespire and the mountain etc.

I cant wait to find that out. Possibly a lost city of Atlantis situation with Realmgate access!!

30 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

Same here. First thought water themed mancrusher (like kraken erater for megas) as one man Warband.

This is my dream for Underworlds. A one Mancrusher Gargant Warband!! Updates the Mancrusher sculpt and gives the only Faction without a Warband room to play. I'd love for this to be true and a water themed Mancrusher with a beard is perfection. A Beastdrowner Gargant!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Hope there's some proper Lovecraftian lore with this Ulgu setting. Ulgu has been the most intriguing for me just because of how little we know and the potential for mystery. 

Probably the first Underworlds season I've been more interested in the backgrounds than the models. 

Our first real good at the Realm of Shadow has left me so excited for its potential. What secrets await in the gloom!?

• LOVE IT! 1

One of the only concrete things we know about Malerion is that he made the Gladiatorium for Sigmar, where stormcast-in-training can be seemingly killed and return unharmed, and which he can spy on constantly. Seems like creepy megastructures might be his jam and Harrowdeep, an undersea "forgotten dungeon where darkness reigns supreme" could be one of his early works, so to speak.

Something like the Gladiatorium's ability to return fallen fighters to 'life' might be relevant here too, where illusions and misdirection take the place of Shadespire's weird mirror-reality duplications. Could fill the same broad background pseudo-justification for some of the rules.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

One of the only concrete things we know about Malerion is that he made the Gladiatorium for Sigmar, where stormcast-in-training can be seemingly killed and return unharmed, and which he can spy on constantly. Seems like creepy megastructures might be his jam and Harrowdeep, an undersea "forgotten dungeon where darkness reigns supreme" could be one of his early works, so to speak.

Something like the Gladiatorium's ability to return fallen fighters to 'life' might be relevant here too, where illusions and misdirection take the place of Shadespire's weird mirror-reality duplications. Could fill the same broad background pseudo-justification for some of the rules.

Love this take mate!!

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Hope there's some proper Lovecraftian lore with this Ulgu setting. Ulgu has been the most intriguing for me just because of how little we know and the potential for mystery. 

Probably the first Underworlds season I've been more interested in the backgrounds than the models. 

I've always hoped that if they expand the Idoneth they go with the Lovecraftian cthullu elves vibe.

If you've seen the art from the Idoneth cards it's great and really creepy looking.

Being able to play my Idoneth in an eldritch city of horror might actually get me back into Underworlds. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I've always hoped that if they expand the Idoneth they go with the Lovecraftian cthullu elves vibe.

If you've seen the art from the Idoneth cards it's great and really creepy looking.

Being able to play my Idoneth in an eldritch city of horror might actually get me back into Underworlds. 

4 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

From the depths they come crawling… 

… Buzzing to find out more about Harrowdeep’s lore. 🐟 

C6C3BCE4-950D-40FA-B5F2-6CF013FBBE15.jpeg

For you both I hope we get a Lovecraftian Idoneth Wave 2. With Era of the Beasts I'd love to see a Kraken or Cthulu type beast. 

• LOVE IT! 1

Lovecraftian elements in warhammer are chaos,so non need for other things that will be only a lore problem imho.
TBH Idoneth works as good as they are they just need new models, maybe just "downgrade" some Namarti making them more "sickly" if they want to capitalize on the "soul corruption part"(still considering the menial labor part it makes sense they're at least "physyically adequate" though).

About Ulgu: it's the last realm left to at least "explore the basics" to some extent (ghur is being unfolded right now in deep) so i hope they'll at least speaks about his many inhabitants.
I'd bet that Enshin will be there to be used in some nasty plotpoint,Slaaneshites will try to run rampant an even Lumineth perhaps will attack Malerion( and IIRC also Legion of Azgorh has some things down there).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

A lot of the Josh Reynolds books went full Lovecraft with the dreaming god and other ancient gods beaten by sigmar. I wonder if any of this lore will survive his leaving GW?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Getting excited thinking of all the options, ready for GW to squash my excitement previewing warcry warbands of thunderstrike stormcast and gutrippa Orruks. 

Hey don't lose hope yet, warcry has generally stayed away from boring warbands. We could get the cthulu cultist elves vs ninja rats still. 

Edited by Ratboy genius
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

They can have more than one lovecraftan faction IMO.

More the merrier if you ask me

It depends what "Lovecraftian" means.
If is just the "fishmen" part is possible,even with more "fishy" Namarti Idoenth.
If it is about the "unspeakable horror gods" part that niche are the big 4, and as @edmc78pointed out some things were mentioned by BL books but it's hard to justify when the chaos gods exists, anything that is below them is not unspeakable (more so when just squahed by Sigmar hammer or other pantheon god power).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Thanks 1