The Rumour Thread

Just now, Orchid89 said:

any decent rumours to suggest anything for Seraphon tomorrow?

There's basically no rumours (that are in any way verified) for anything at present. There is a lot of guessing and enough guesses/wishlists doing the rounds that get turned into a rumour. Some also read into everything GW does and see hints; from battle reports to the Herald comic strip etc... So basically cross your fingers and pray to the Dice Gods for good luck! 

If we're just joining Fyreslayers and Dispossessed together though, it's even less interesting. I've said it before, but they have basically the same roster already. Vulkites=Ironbreakers, Auric Hearthguard=Irondrakes, ect.

Keep in mind, I am a man that already owns Fyreslayers and KO. A combined dwarf book just gives me the option to pretty much ditch Fyreslayers (because RIP those guys if they don't get new units) and buy Dispossessed instead. Which I don't want to do because I already own Fyreslayers and it's pretty much the same thing mechanically.

So a combined Dwarf book just does nothing for me except downgrade one or two of my armies into subfactions. It's not great. I think most of the hype for a combined book is coming from Dispossessed players looking to piggy-back their way into an official armybook, which I totally get but I still think it's a mistake.

That said, I am also on the lookout for any announcements related to Seraphon, Hysh Aelves, or Ogres, so I feel like I'm playing with a strong deck this time around...hopefully.

Edited by madmac

1 minute ago, Overread said:

There's basically no rumours (that are in any way verified) for anything at present. There is a lot of guessing and enough guesses/wishlists doing the rounds that get turned into a rumour. Some also read into everything GW does and see hints; from battle reports to the Herald comic strip etc... So basically cross your fingers and pray to the Dice Gods for good luck! 

The Herald isnt a bad indicator tho. All the last entries were tied to new releases relating to the Herald posts.

• Like 2

PSA: With all the hype for tonight's announcement, it's important to remember that you, most likely, will be disappointed.

Part of my lizard brain keep screaming that they'll announce 5 new armies and 10 battletomes tonight. Complete AoS preview, nothing for 40k!
It's ok, that part of my (and your) brain is wrong. We can be pretty sure that they will not announce Seraphon, StD, Slannesh, Free People, Duardins and Aelves tonight. Maybe some of it. Most likely one of these, more Warcry and maaaayyybbbeee a model or two for Forbidden Powers.

I mean it's ok to get excited(I'm excited!), but it would be really cool if when I came to the forums tomorrow morning  and find less salt then at the GAMA preview.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

There will be salt no matter what they announce, that's just the way of things.

I personally am a guy who invested into Order and Ogres, so I haven't had an announcement go my way since last summer. If they announce one armybook for something I own, it'll be the most exciting conference to me in ages.

If they announce yet another Chaos or Death armybook instead, it won't be any different for me than the last like 6 conferences were.

There shouldn't be any new Death Books unless they are releasing a brand new  army since all the Death books are fully 2.0 up to date right now. Every other Grand Alliance has old books or armies with no book still in them so any other Grand Alliance can be a fair target. I'd also say that I hope Order gets some attention more becaus they've got some of the biggest questionmarks over things like Aelves.

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

There shouldn't be any new Death Books unless they are releasing a brand new  army since all the Death books are fully 2.0 up to date right now. Every other Grand Alliance has old books or armies with no book still in them so any other Grand Alliance can be a fair target. I'd also say that I hope Order gets some attention more becaus they've got some of the biggest questionmarks over things like Aelves.

Tomb Kings don't have a 2.0 battletome… 💩

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Im hoping that there will be a 'defenders of the realm' type book with a lot of the stuff from the remaining non-battletome order factions. This coukd be an improvement over what firestoem was trying to be with particular allegiance abilities for alligning to one particular city with a smaller unit roster

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

A Zhaargrim Priest sounds like something that could be a real hero unit. Plus given GW want to give everyone endless spells and khorne just got them for priests... 

Fat gingers ahoy

They already are real hero units. Zhargrim is the name of the priesthood Auric  Runemasters and Runesmiters belong to:

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Zharrgrim

I don't doubt they'll be throwing endless spells runes around when a new Fyreslayer battletome hits though (whether next month or next year).

1 minute ago, madmac said:

Had to google it, but Runemasters and Runesmiters are apparently both considered Zharrgrim Priests in Fyreslayer lore.

Not to say it couldn't be a new unit, but I do think those two will get the Priest keyword in any update regardless.

They already have the priest keyword, it just doesn't confer any special abilities outside special battleplans and interacting with scenery.

4 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Have i lost some step or did they remove generic Greenskinz from the shop? Boarboyz, Orruks, Boss on wyvern and the one on foot with a better waagh then the mawcrusha.

This happened back when Gloomspite Gitz came out. All the generic Orcs and Goblins models have now either been quietly phased out, or folded into other factions (e.g. Goblin Shaman is now a Madcap Shaman) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

This happened back when Gloomspite Gitz came out. All the generic Orcs and Goblins models have now either been quietly phased out, or folded into other factions (e.g. Goblin Shaman is now a Madcap Shaman) 

that particular shaman model also got phased out too after they sold him out as a Madcap Shaman