The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

I believe that they do it themselves, but it could have been one of the youtubers/ reviews out there. They seem to be sending a lot more kit out to people early on, so they get promotion. People got the soul wars stuff early enough to have it painting to show off on release day.

It’s possible but I think it’s unlikely as it’s a big thing to get access to the books and models early to be able to show off stuff and get lots of views. Years ago, would have been more likely but now less as people like to get the traffic to their sites or channels.

Oh my, they knocked this one out of the park. Simply amazing. On another note, the 'Eavy Metal team have eclipsed themselves with the painting - they must have enchanted brushes - nothing short of spectacular.

@Greasygeek, my first thought is Slaanesh Grey with Druchii Violet recess shades to give a similar colour. edit: @Dirtnapsis on to it, try Warpfiend Grey. 

Edited by Greyshadow

16 minutes ago, Drakensgreed said:

I‘m very curious what will distinguish a Dankhold Troggboss from a regualr Troggoth though. Mollog looks tiny in comparison, maybe he ran off to Shadespire because he was bullied for being so wimpy.

I  would actually love that - “Little” Mollog runs away from home and vents his pent up nerd-rage on Shadespire with his new friends, the mushroom things.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I  would actually love that - “Little” Mollog runs away from home and vents his pent up nerd-rage on Shadespire with his new friends, the mushroom things.

Isnt Mollog also some kind of magician? Maybe Troggoth magicians are smaller?

Here is also a size comparison, which GW uploaded on their Instagram:

• Thanks 1

Yeah Mollog is supposed to be a wizard, that's what I was thinking maybe the wizards are smaller but smarter? Unless the Dankhold Trogboss is also a wizard, then that throws that idea right out of the window and he could just be a younger dankhold troggoth or just a really short one.

24 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Yeah Mollog is supposed to be a wizard.

Isn’t that an assumption? It’s probably right, as every other Nightvault warband has had one but I don’t think GW have actually said it anywhere and we definitely can’t say that all Nightvault warbands will have one because Kharadron are still to come.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88

7 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Isn’t that an assumption? It’s probably right, as every other Nightvault warband has had one but I don’t think GW have actually said it anywhere and we definitely can’t say that all Nightvault warbands will have one because Kharadron are still to come.

True, i don't see how Kharadron will be ables to use magic. They don't even have a Navigator in their band to use as anti-magic measure.

Edited by Mungrun

1 hour ago, Dirtnaps said:

Yeah Mollog is supposed to be a wizard, that's what I was thinking maybe the wizards are smaller but smarter? Unless the Dankhold Trogboss is also a wizard, then that throws that idea right out of the window and he could just be a younger dankhold troggoth or just a really short one.

GW mentioned that the Dankhold will have several options that will be shown soon, I would not be surprised if one of them is a Wizard.

47 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

You're right it is an assumption and thinking more on it now it might be a wrong one, the Spiel 2018 article on warhammer community site mentions that Mollogs Mob is "set to be quite unlike any other warband that we've seen so far in the current season requiring a very different play style" so he might not be a wizard at all and could instead have cards or a built in ability that could counter spells or make it harder for them to go off. 

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

GW mentioned that the Dankhold will have several options that will be shown soon, I would not be surprised if one of them is a Wizard.

It's definitely possible and if it's the case I will definitely be building one of the multiple boxes I'll no doubt buy into one.

7 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

You are right. Maybe the Dankhold kit is similar to the Treelord Sylvaneth kit, where you can build a melee fighter, a named hero and a wizard.

15 things to be released so far:

1. Book

2. Scrolls

3. Spells

4. Terrain

5. Normal squigs

6. Bouncy squigs

7. Sniffy squigs

8. Mangler squigs

9. King

10. Banana face hero

11. 5 heroes

12. Stone troggoths

13. Troggoth hero

14. Fanatics

15. Dice

Really happy for Destruction players, you deserved this release.

Happy my soul is sold to Chaos and I can save my wallet impatiently for Slaanesh and Darkoath releases.

We still haven't seen one type of troghoths, plus there will be some repackaging of old stuff. Wonder how many things will move to legends.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Malin said:

15 things to be released so far:

1. Book

2. Scrolls

3. Spells

4. Terrain

5. Normal squigs

6. Bouncy squigs

7. Sniffy squigs

8. Mangler squigs

9. King

10. Banana face hero

11. 5 heroes

12. Stone troggoths

13. Troggoth hero

14. Fanatics

15. Dice

Really happy for Destruction players, you deserved this release.

Happy my soul is sold to Chaos and I can save my wallet impatiently for Slaanesh and Darkoath releases.

We still haven't seen one type of troghoths, plus there will be some repackaging of old stuff. Wonder how many things will move to legends.

I am more than happy about this release, even though I am a Beastclaw Raiders player. But this army is also something worthy to collect. I am so excited and hyped about painting all these models, that I can almost forgive GW if they will focus entirely on Stormcast in the next two or three years. 

Because the one thing that could make me change my  #1 preferred army has happened: I can now build a whole army consisting only of Troggoths. 

Ogors and Troggoths both were my favorite models in AoS. But before the Gloomspite Gitz I could only play an army of Ogors and not an army consisting only of Troggoths. 

The Dankhold Troggoths might be my new favorite models. Maybe. Or maybe they will only get the second place, because I like Stonehorns so much. I have to think about this.

34 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

You're right it is an assumption and thinking more on it now it might be a wrong one, the Spiel 2018 article on warhammer community site mentions that Mollogs Mob is "set to be quite unlike any other warband that we've seen so far in the current season requiring a very different play style" so he might not be a wizard at all and could instead have cards or a built in ability that could counter spells or make it harder for them to go off. 

Maybe he’ll have some kind of anti-magic aura. Aren’t Troggoths traditionally resistant? Doesn’t really matter at this point anyway - I’m still buying it. 😄

I am really curious to see how he (she? it?) fits into the list though and wether there will be similar models in the general release. We still don’t really know what the pale Troggoth is, maybe that’s our wizard...

The rules that i can see for the scaremonger? I see a move of 5", 5+ save, bravey of 5 and 4 wounds. He has 6 attacks, 4+ 3+ rend -1 damage d3. The first ability hallucinogenic fungus brew gives him +2 to his save on the first battle round, then something about +1 to save on any other battle round? so in cover he would get a 2+ turn 1 and a 3+ turn 2 onwards?

Then the next ability called boogeyman, pick a moonclan unit within 18" reroll charge it looks like.

The last ability weedy gits? looks like any moonclan unit within 3" of him get a -1 to hit against missile attacks?  That is quite good! He will be super tanky turn one with either a 2+ or 3+ save with a -2 to hit vs shooting (look out sir)

5 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Anyone of you fine painters out there who might guess what colours GW used to get  that troggoth boss purple? 

Despite what the paint app etc claim I gather that display models like this tend to be painted with mixes rather than pure colours for the most part.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nos said:

Despite what the paint app etc claim I gather that display models like this tend to be painted with mixes rather than pure colours for the most part.

They do not claim that eavy metal minis are painted the same way as the app suggests.  They post eavy metal tips on Instagram sometime and they are always nothing like the recommended paint methods you see on Warhammer tv. Lots of mixing, and they do not follow the "base, layer, shade, dry" paint categories always.   That system is designed for amatures to get decent results. Pros understandably do something more complicated and unique to get their results